Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

271 - 280 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Yay for sperm!

27 mill. is a bit on the low side I think (am I right?), but still no reason to worry.

Great news that there's something that can be done - help with you O'ing and testosterone for your DH. Maybe you O some of the time but not every cycle?

I'm so glad it was good news and you can move forward now! :)

User Image

11 years ago

Yeah 20 mill is cut off point for a good count anywhere from there to 60mill os considered good, he wants him to take some vitamins so i just ordered some and i will start my ovulation induction next cycle they are going to post the drugs and then i will go in for the ingection and u/s around CD 10 oohh i cant wait, he said it was only a 10% sucsess rate on top of the usuall 25% is 35% thats gotta be ok or what, sorry to hear about your BFN northernbabydream im glad that you are thinking of moving ahead with some more treatments, I was so worried he was gonna get a poor count now we know its not great but there is no problems with him except his testosterone.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Hi Ladies! Dnt want to butt in your thread but I found it this afternoon and hv been steadily reading till I got to the end...Everytime one of u had a test of any sort I was hoping for the best..I can def relate..Been married over 13yrs now and not one pregnancy, an almost pos pg test or anything..Growin another head seems more possible than havin a baby..lol..hubby has low n slow sperm..I never heard a count bc he received the news and said they didnt tell him..guess i should hv called to find out..but he went to a urologist and immediatley he said it was bc he a vericose vein in his testicle..he had the procedure to fix it going on 3 yrs ago i think and still nothing..i went to a fertility dr once and all she did was a pap and said she wished the rest of her patients looked as good as i did..whatever that means..I guess cervix and cm..by the end of her exam she says " are u sure u love ur husband? maybe thats why" I was devastated she would say that..and never went back..we told everyone that we were ok w not having kids but what a big fat lie for us both..I still get my hopes up every mth..My DH smokes like a pk a day so I feel like his sperm will probably never get better and also that im sure there is something wrong w me too..Im ready to find another dr and try to figure out what we can do..(w no insurance and very little savings)lol So sorry to go on and on..I just wanted to wish u all the very best! and ill b checking to see when u all get ur BFP!!

User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntrying: so happy for you, that is amazing news, I can't wait !!!!! Yay sperm!!

AJ: welcome aboard, so sorry to hear you're having to wait so long. That dr sounds just awful, that's not professional at all. I would of stormed out too. Hopefully you can find a local RE that will give you answers, not attitude.

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago

Welcome Aj, dont be worried about butting in i think we all butted in on this convo, im glad that you read our stories i might have to go back and read them... i think it would be interesting
This forum has been especially good for me i think we have formed close friend ships (well as close as you can get over the net) Not many people know about my trouble but i find it comforting talking to these girls so i hope you keep up with us AJ you are more than welcome to join, and i really think you should see a different FS for sure what happened to you is really shit and i dont think you got the answers you need, and i totally agree with the two head thing i reackon it would be easier too!
Anyway DH doesnt know his results yet he is at work i cant wait to tell him the good news, i wont say you have super sperm but i will say that there is deff enough, YAY finally some good news

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: YEAH!!! I'm so happy for you! I think you will be the perfect candidate for clomid! I bet you will get your BFP no problem now! I bet your Dh wAs so relieved! Glad to hear you had a great weekend. ....except the crocs in the water thing I thin I'd be way to scared to even be near the water there LOL!

Jmcandrew: The reversal is $5500 and then IUIs are about $300 a piece. For just mini IVF it was going to cost $10000. So double. It's just not possible for us at least not for quite a while. We have been paying all out of pocket and I just don't want to spend that kind of money. 10dpo is still early most don't get a positive until 12dpo. I hope it happens for you!

Ajzisman: Welcome! I'm so sorry that things haven't worked out. I agree with the other girls I think seeing another doctor will be a great start. I can't believe anyone in this type of medical field could be so insensitive. I think this is one of the reasons why I prefer male doctors lol! I know what you mean about not having much money. This is why I'm going to be doing home inseminations starting next cycle. Im sure if your Dh has a low count you could get pregnant with IUIs. My doctor charges $300 per IUI but I know a woman who has a midwife do it at her house and only charges $75 that might be an option for you and might be all you need. Try and stay positive. It can and will happen for you! Please keep us updated we are all here to help and all here for support. All the ladies here are wonderful and full of information!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Aahhh crap just found out how much OI is going to cost...$1250 out of pocket, i was expecting a couple of hundred but not that much, i hope it works first go LOL lucky we have a little money saved but im not sure if we want to go out and spend $15 000 on making a baby, well i would but not sure how DH would feel about giving all this money to people when they give you a 10% chance....
Thats like booking a holiday and them saying now you have paid there is only a 10% chance that you will be actually going..... Ha thats me making a funny about how much this baby making thing costs, i havent really had to fork out much money yet so its my little wake up call......
Anyways hope everyone is good!

11 years ago

Just an update to Mel im not going on Clomid im going on Tamoxifen i think it is the same but doesnt thin your linning like clomid

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: $1250 does that include everything like the meds, the ultrasounds, bloodwork. If it includes everything then that is about what we paid for ours. I hope it works the first time for you! Will you do two inseminations or one? If you have any questions feel free to ask.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

stillfuntryin, are you doing IUI? Sorry, I don't know what OI means. I'm so excited for you that you're moving forward! I want to hear all about it as it goes ahead.

AJ, welcome aboard! I butted in on the conversation too. :) I LOVED your comment about it being easier to grow another head. I agree. I'm stubborn and have been able to achieve whatever I've set my mind to in other areas of my life, so I find it so incredibly frustrating that I can't seem to make a baby! Heh, maybe it's the universe trying to teach me a lesson.

AFM, I started spotting tonight. AF isn't due until Friday or Sat. I'm taking progesterone and am still spotting. I talked to my dr about it and she said she wasn't comfortable increasing the dose and didn't seem to have an answer as to why I'm spotting like this most cycles. Bleh. I'm looking forward to getting back home and back to the fertility clinic.

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo