Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1741 - 1750 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Hey all!

Hoping, I have the same problem with my DH. Even last night I got rejected completely :( Does not happen often but I was pretty sensitive about it, I will talk to him tonight about it. It might be my "new" body too, some men are not feeling the whole giant belly thing! My husband and I have a great relationship in the way that I can talk to him about it and we can have a real discussion and I always walk away feeling better. It can deff be discouraging though.

Mel have you thought about food journaling? That was how I lost all my weight when I began really getting into being more fit, that was all my goal was and I achieved it for sure. I know it helped me a lot to see what I was eating and just how much. I used Myfitness pal and still will once LO is born.

Stillfun, Northern how are you guys?

AFM: 37 weeks today which is considered full term, 6 more days of work up until Feb 14th. So freakin excited with being done work!! Bought some diapers finally and packing the hospital bags for me & LO on Monday after I pick up a couple more things from the store. K gotta go back to work. Talk to you all soon

User Image

10 years ago

before personals I just have to say I GOT MY MATCH!!! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!!!! The egg donor is exactly everything I was hoping for. She's Italian with light brown hair, blue eyes, 5'4 120 pounds. She's got a BA and working on her MA. The sperm donor is 1/2 Italian and half Russian/Polish 6'1" 183 pounds brown hair and eyes He also has a BA. I was able to buy his baby picture and he is adorable!!! Both are proven donors but it is a frozen match but that's ok. So looks like I will be doing a March transfer (won't know exact dates until next week) and fingers crossed for a December baby!!!!

Anastasia: A food diary is a great idea. I will def. give that a try. Maybe if I actually had to see what all I put in my body I'd be able to control myself more. I'm so sorry about your Dh's testosterone. I don't know how you and hoping deal with it. I'm sure the pregnancy hormones don't help right now. YEAH for full term!!! I can not believe how close you are now!!

Hoping: So sorry about your dh's sex drive. I know I would take it personally too. can't the doctors give your Dh something to help with that?

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

NO WAY MEL!!!!!!!! That is the best news EVER! I donated $40 its not much but as you know im going through my own process that is also expensive OOP for the FET is $4500 i get some back though, This is the best news other than Anistasia and her pregnancy that we have gotten in ages! I really hope you guys can get your funds togther! I cant stop smiling this is such awsome news!!
Hoping, i have taken it personally a few times especially when he has said he is just sick of the same old thing (my thing) its not exciting anymore, but i know that is just his insecurities talking because he doesnt feel like a man, I understand it more now, and its medicly proven that he has it and its none of our fault, Only help you can get kills sperm and thats how Anistaias hubby had no sperm for a while! Glad you have Od, im 4DPO today.
Anistasia, you are our sucess story girl :) cant wait to see the little one! Im betting Boy aswell :)
Hows the TCM going Northern?

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Good news Mel!!!!!! I hope its a success

I can't believe how fast your time has gone by Anastasia. Time just flies by!

I am finding it very hard not to feel very snarky about the whole sex thing. I told him that I would rather feel like he wants to have sex, less often than to feel like he was doing me a favor and hoping I hurry up, a couple times a week. I am not sure if that was a mistake or not. Its been 3 days and it feels like an eternity. Especially since he shows no interest in correcting this. Its really effecting my emotions and how I feel about myself.

User Image

10 years ago

5 or 6 dpo and period pain??????? Gotta be a fluke I just know it! Sorry northern it seems like we are all battling with the same thing! I try to avoid confict about BDing now but I know I have somthing else happening for me but this is all you have to work with and it does take two to tango hey... I know its frustrating.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Wow Mel!! You've got your match already - that is AMAZING! The donors sound great too. Soooooo exciting!

AFM, not much new going on. CD 5 and just waiting for O. I haven't been keeping up as much as I want on the health stuff etc so need to get back on track. Must do yoga today - I keep putting off doing it even though I love it. It's getting busy with contracts and writing now and I'm just feeling so tired.

User Image

10 years ago

Hey all

Mel that is amazing, time will fly by for sure and then it will be time!!!!

Talked to DH about getting rejected and he was like "I was just tired" and I actually believe him, he works long days and gets up at 3am. Anyways now that he is all good and not turned off by my body, which he wasn't last time, I am just sensitive and hormonal a little, now I am tired! LOL But I figure if we don't do soon you have to wait 6 weeks after baby to get the go ahead so I should get on it.

Hospital bags packed and now just need to re-arrange bedroom so everything fits a little better, right now it is all jammed in the corner of the room.

How is everyone?

User Image

10 years ago

Thanks Ladies!!!

Anastasia: I'm so happy you were able to talk to your dh and that he was just tired. 6 weeks after a baby is born before you can have sex again OMG! I might die lol! I haven't gone 6 weeks without sex since I was a virgin lol! Good thing a baby will keep me too busy to think about it. ;)

northern: sorry you've been feeling so tired lately.

Stillfun: Are you still having period pain? That is so strange! I hope its a good sign!!

Hoping: I'm so sorry. I hope that your dh starts to work with your more in the sex department. Have you thought about seeing a sex therapist. Maybe a hypnotist could help? There's got to be something. :/

AFM: We sent in our agreement today for the match. I talked to the coordinator and she said this profile had 2 successful pregnancies. One was a set of boy/girl twins. I actually found that lady on the forums. They both were successful when the profile was fresh but hopefully that means they are really great embies. The coordinator told me there are only 2 left and they were frozen on day 5 and day 6. (not sure if that's good or not) They said they will be giving me a back up profile in case one or both don't survive thaw that way I still get two embies transferred. They are going to be sending me my calendar this week. I can't wait!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Mel sounds great, most clinics freeze on day five or six, I had two on day six and two on day five, they wait until they are blastocyst and then freeze if they aren't at that stage at day six they don't get used, most of the time its day five.
Well in a panic right now, if you have seen my fb page you will understand, it flooded real bad here 2 years ago ( 1 in a 100 yr flood) and looks like we are headed for worse, the whole place will be under 1m of water soon and we will lose a lot of cattle, hoping all the horses survive, they are on the highest ground but it will go under

10 years ago

Great news Mel! Best of luck!
Sounds aweful Stillfun! I hope its not as bad as predicted. flooding is scary shit.
AFM, we finally dtd the other day. but the next day, we both got that norovirus stomach bug. that. was. crazy! i dropped 8 lbs in 24 hours! No sex since then yet. both still too weak :)

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo