Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1651 - 1660 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

northernbaby: I'm so sorry! They say it takes the average of 6 IUIs to conceive. I hope the TCM approach works it sounds so much better and it's wonderful to be doing something that will help your body at the same time.

stillfun: what are NK cells? I've never heard of that. I don't think I've been tested for it.

hoping: fingers crossed!

AFM: If I guesstimated when I last had AF I'm at day like 37. Of course she would take her time when I want her here lol! I just want to hurry and get on the waiting list. Someone posted their donor matches for a transfer they have in feb. and the match sounded perfect! I actually was a little sad about not getting it myself. I hope I get a great match too.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Natural killer cells, they attack the embryo, im not sure how accurate this number is but 1 in 6 has an elevated killer cell count, we all have them but some have too many and they attack healthy prenancys.
I'm very lucky northern!! I wasn't aware our government payed for some when I looked into it, I got private health cover last year in June and you have to wait 12 months for any ART but I was prepared to wait until I found out about Medicare.I wish I could have a little hope in less invasive stuff but I know ken won't go on anything, he stopped his vitamins straight after hissample for my ivf cycle and he didn't take them everyday either and I just feel if I put more into this I will lose my mind, how much is your iui costing? Its still $3500 over here! So you go on meds once the cycle starts Mel??

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

The IUI is only $350 here. All the monitoring ultrasounds are covered too, and the pregnyl (estrogen) has been free. I've had to pay a bit for the clomid (mostly covered under my extended health plan) and the HcG trigger shot, but no big deal. So it's really cost effective for me, as long as I can continue using clomid. If I have to do injections, the cost would just up hugely (think they are like $1500/cycle or something insane).

I'm just hoping that the acupuncture is covered by my plan. I assumed it was, but my DH just got a notice from our provider saying that he needed a doctors note for his physio visits. So, I guess I'll need the same for acupuncture. Shouldn't be a problem though, since the fertility clinic recommends it.

I wish I knew what the cause of our infertility was. DHs numbers are fine, I tested out fine. Why on earth can't we even get a miscarriage? I'm not even sure if I've gotten a chemical, after 3 1/2 years of trying. I sure hope that 2014 is our year. If it doesn't happen this year for me, I'm out. We're getting too old.

User Image

10 years ago

I am feeling the same way you are Northern....I would love to even know that getting pregnant is POSSIBLE! I am going on 36 in February and DH is 45......I don't think I am gonna go on too much longer. I wonder if my age is a factor anyway right now in why we aren't conceiving. I just can't see continuing to throw money at a lost cause

User Image

10 years ago

I hear ya, hoping. It's so frustrating not knowing what the problem is. I don't feel old, lol, and I live a pretty healthy lifestyle but the statistics aren't in our favour once we pass 35. I'm 37 but my DH is 55 and it's not fair to him to keep trying past this coming summer. Being 60 and changing diapers was not in his retirement plans, lol!

Mel, day 37! That's crazy. That must mean that you missed ovulating? Or do you have a really long follicular phase?

User Image

10 years ago

Ok, i am not very confident this cycle. it has been odd from day 1. I spotted for days before af finally arrived and for a few days after. the pre-af spotting is unusual. and my opks never really had a blaring positive but for a few hours. my temp went up a little today and cm became very much and creamy. some signs say O but opk didn't. I bd on 12/14 So maybe there is a teeny chance, but i doubt it. I didn't take anything but prenatal vitamins this cycle.

User Image

10 years ago

Hey girls. Sorry you both feel like your at cross roads, we all know how it can beat us down :(
AFM I Od yesterday, and nailed my days, yesterday was CD16 I did 13,14 and 16, I have had an insane sex drive this cycle which I think dh is into a little, seeing as I don't really track too much anymore I don't put any emphasis on O, I have had lots of trouble with the IC lh tests that won't go pos but other more expensive brands are, I food bbt for 3 days too so I could confirm O.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Hoping, maybe a different cycle is a good thing. I have trouble with OPKs too, even though all the tests I've had done say I'm ovulating just fine. As long as your BBT chart is biphasic I wouldn't worry too much about OPKs not being clear. FX for you!

Stillfun, that would be awesome if you got pregnant this cycle, in between IVF cycles. I can imagine how your sex drive would increase with the pressure off. It's taking a toll on us for sure. It doesn't help that my sister in law (the only person in my family that knows we're trying) keeps saying how great sex was when they were ttc. Of course, they had no trouble conceiving and can't understand why I'm not pregnant yet.

AF arrived today finally. Took a couple days to get the progesterone out of my system, and man, is it bad this time around. Lovely way to start the new year...but at least it will be easy to track my cycle day this month!

Happy New Year everyone!

User Image

10 years ago

I started to wonder if I wasn't Oing today around noon or so. (I'm cd 16 too) Started to get some twinges on left side and cm got eggy again and so much that I noticed when I wiped. I see what my temps look like tomorrow. It had only gone up .1 degree this morning I will try to get dh to BD again. That way I would have BD cd 12,14,16. I wish his drive was better, too. I feel like I have to keep the bd thing going most of the time when I'm fertile. Maybe his age? he is 44 and also been sick this week. So sex hasn't been uppermost in his mind

Good luck to us this month!

User Image

10 years ago

Good luck hoping! Sounds promising. I think the whole having to BD on a schedule thing and for a reason puts a damper on the sex drive.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo