Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

191 - 200 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Stillfuntrying: I'm so sorry. I hate that we're all having such aweful luck. I agree with melC, your upcoming spots should hopefully give you some answers. (hugs)

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: I hope AF shows up soon. That is crazy how much they charge there for insurance I think I would go without as well

Sugarbearttc: I'm so sorry to hear about your DHs SA result I hope the bloodwork comes back with better results. Our insurance didn't cover anything as well. I have heard of some people's insurance covering a biopsy but not a TESE or mapping because they can mark the biopsy under something other than infertility. For us it wasn't worth even looking into based on our bloodwork results along with the SA results. Dh didn't think a 10% chance was worth any money or an operation. Please keep us posted. We are all hear for you and will be thinking about you!

Northernbabydreams: I think taking a break to take care of yourself is a wonderful idea. I think we all need that every couple of cycles. Who knows it might even lead to your bfp!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Never thourght i would be happy to say this but AF just started!!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

This mightbe TMI but my period was SSSOOOOOOO heavy when i got out of bed this morn i didnt really bleed lastnight at all then when i got up i felt it almost gush out it had heaps of clots in it to, dont know what thats all about but i havent had anything like that before!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: if you in fact had a chemical pregnancy last cycle that could be the cause. Mine this month went on forever. I actually thought it stopped at one point and then next day it was back. My always bleed for about 3 days then spot this month I bled until like day 9 it was crazy.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Doc called with DHs bloodwork. He had really high FSH so we're planning on doing the testicular biopsy to search for sperm. Keeping my fingers crossed that we find something! We're waiting on a call back to schedule it.

You ladies have helped keep me going during some very sad times...THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!

11 years ago

Hi Mel,
I dont think it was a chemical my period has nearly finished, it was pretty normal period except yesterday morning and the night before it started a flow was super painful it woke me up i have never had back pain like that before my period started but i think im listening to my body too much and overanylising things.

Sugarbear- I dont know what high FSH means but the fact that you are moving ahead is good news and is really exciting! i cant wait to hear your news!

Northernbabydream- are you still here? have you dissapeared, dont you want to have more of the hairy nipple conversation LOL, hope things are ok =)

Jmcandrew- hope things are ok for you too, have you done anything more with the IVF?

AFM- DH is going to get his SA in 2 weeks i think i have finally taked him into coming to town, i dont think you need an appointment but i am going to tell him that i have made one so he cant back out! cause i know he will make some excuss LOL As i said AF is nearlly over maybe 1 more day and i should be right! I will be interested to see what some of my results come back from the docs like! i spose i will find out on wednesday, i am a little nervous, as much as i want them to find the problem i dont want there to be anything wrong either!

11 years ago

Sugarbearttc: that is great that your going to go for the biopsy. Sometimes I wish we would've gone through with it just so we would've known 100% . Good luck! I really really hope that you get great results. Did the doctor give you a %? Are you doing ivf with the biopsy in case they find something or just having them freeze whatever they find?

Stillfuntryin: good luck with your DHs SA and all your results. I hope that you both hear good news. I agree moving forward is always a little scary but moving forward is always a good thing and I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Afm: the guys will be back from their fishing trip Sunday night so I'm hoping to have a sit down with my BIL and SIL next week to make sure we are all on the same page and ready to move forward. I need to know that I can rely on him to be ready when I'm ovulating and I need to know we are all on the same page as far as whether to be open or keep it quiet too since they have children to worry about and fingers crossed they are ok with us wanting to do some home Insems. I'm starting to stress about it all. I want everything to work out but then theres that part of me that thinks maybe we should just keep going the way we are. I mean what if we pay for his reversal and it doesn't take is getting family involved really a good idea? So many things running through my min sorry for the rant I'll keep you all posted on how it goes. GL girls wishing you all the best!

11 years ago

Sorry you are struggling with it all Mel. Lots of big decisions to make. Hopefully a chat with your BIL and SIL will help clarify it all. It's so hard to know what the right decision is...sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith and hope that you're making the right call.

Stillfuntryin, I'm till around lol. Just way too busy with work and stuff (I'm supposed to be off work but it's not turning out that way!). Trying to get caught up while DH's away. He's back any minute now though - woot! I'm looking forward to hearing about your hubby's SA. Good on you for telling him you have an appt booked. The only way I got mine in to do it was to actually book it myself too. I basically dragged him in.

Sugarbear, good luck with the biopsy! Fingers crossed for you!

AFM, I ovulated yesterday and my DH is back tonight from his work trip. So annoyed by that, as I'm pretty sure we've missed the window. i was trying not to stress about it but can't help it especially since ovulation this time was soooo painful. I had to take tylenol last night b/c it was so bad. My left ovary (or follicle?) has been hurting since early on in the cycle, and I guess whatever was hurting finally ruptured and I got quite a bit of pink spotting. Hurting less today but still have to sit down very carefully. Anyhow, we'll BD tonight anyhow...

Have a good weekend everyone!

User Image

11 years ago

Hi Girls! - this is going to be long, i haven't posted for a while...

Stillfuntryinig: Glad to hear your moving forward with the SA. I hope that all find is low count, or low mobility... It my understanding that if your ok, and your DH has (mild) fertility issues, its a little easier to treat then if its the female with fertility issues. I'll keep my fx. Let us know the results of the HSG!

SuggerBear: I'm so happy you have the option for the biopsy. I never got a % of chance to do that. I think be my DH was so young when he had all his cancer treatments, its soooo unlikely that there is anything there. I wish we could of done it at least once, just to be 100% sure. I was actually watching a YouTube IVF diary by Chele in the UK, her husband has the procedure/biopsy and they got pregnant of their first IVF. She unfortunately lost the baby at 9 weeks, but the fact that the procedure worked, and they got pregnant, was truly inspirational. keep us posted!

MelC: I know i've said this before, but I'm so happy you have such a supportive family. I hope that what ever the four of you decide, your are all on the same page. I know you have concerns about whether or not its appropriate to get family involved, especially with the extra finances of the reversal... its hard to comment on this bc what is the right answer for you, may not be the right answer for anyone else. I can not really relate to your situation, but I know your doing the right thing by sitting everyone down together. The idea that the reversal not working, does kinda scare me, but its a risk that might worth it to you. And you have my support! :)

NorthernBaby: I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I've been taking a break. Its not easy taking a break! I still find myself counting the cycle days, and monitoring my ovulation. But on the other hand, i've been taking this opportunity to go out, and see people. before I kinda kept to myself, as i was so protective of my situation. I'm still sensitive, but pretending to be normal is kinda whats getting me through work and everything else. I'm glad to hear your DH is home, and now you can spend some quality time together :)

afm: Nothing new to post really. because the labs have so much preliminary testing to do that could take anywhere from 3-8weeks, i can not move forward with IVF until i hear back from them. Worst case situation, it might not be until october. BUT I might have to start posting on the IVF boards to find out more: they have to split the IVF over two cycles. Have the egg retrieval one month, then bc they have to do the chromosome testing (1-2weeks), i'll have to come back the next cycle and use frosties that have been fertilized. Not thrilled, but it seems I don't have much of an option. I'm so ready to get started!

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo