Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

201 - 210 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Jmcandrew: thank you! I'm so sorry you have to wait so long to get through all the testing but October will be here before you know it. I agree I wouldn't be too happy about splitting my IVF into two months but in the end it will be so great knowing you are going to have a healthy baby.

Northernbabydream: were you able to BD? There is always hope you caught everything. I know doctors prefer to inseminate before or right as your ovulating but that doesn't mean you won't have some swimmers still catch the egg. Fingers crossed!

Afm: no news yet the guys just got back last night from their fishing trip and me and Dh only had half of today together before he had to go to work so it'll be 36 hours before he's home again. I didn't want to bring up all the baby talk on his only day home. So I will wait it out and try to talk to him about it Thursday or Friday and see if we can all work something out this weekend to possibly get together with the inlaws. Seems like all of us are having to do a lot of waiting right now but hopefully we will all be able to move forward again and all get our bfps!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Jmcandrew, our male fertility expert actually said that the younger the man was when he had cancer treatment the better off you were. He said that although he may have azoospermia that the younger patients are more likely to have testicular sperm extracted from the biopsy and that now they are giving men that have cancer drugs to put them in a pre puberty stage prior to giving them chemo and radiation in hopes of saving their fertility. My DH was only 2 years old when he was going through all of his cancer treatments.

Melc, the doc didn't give us great chances with the biopsy and he said that whatever they find would not be able to be frozen for a later IVF cycle because it would probable not survive freezing and unfreezing. We aren't doing IVF with the procedure because if we can't find anything it's the end of the fight for us. DH does not want to use a donor so there is no point in paying so much for a IVF cycle if we have no idea if we are going to find any sperm. So the plan is if we find sperm, we will when do the testicular mapping with IVF. So I sure hope they find a few little guys!

You ladies have helped keep me going during some very sad times...THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!

11 years ago

Sugarbearttc: wow! Your Dh had cancer at 2 and has azoospermia I'm really surprised. My Dh was 7 they thought he'd have No problem having kids later on. That's great that they are now doing things to keep kids from losing their fertility later on I wish they had thought about that with my Dh. I think childhood cancer survivors should receive something towards fertility treatments later on in life. Well I really, really hope that they find some little guys during the biopsy. Please keep us posted.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Sugarbear: My DH was diagnosed at 4, and wasn't in reemission until 9. He is 33 now, so we're talking 25+ years ago. I am glad to hear their approach to treating pre-pubescent males with cancer has changed. I don't think this was the case for my DH. Or at least if it wasn't practiced here. I wonder if you could ask you dr for a study, I would love to read more information about what he's saying. I wish we had your doctor! That is amazing that you are giving this opportunity!!! I can't wait to hear all the details!!!!

I think bc my DH was told so long ago that he has 0 sperm, I think that he has accepted it. It would almost be like taking a step back just to check. And I know he specifically said he doesn't want to go bankrupt having trying to have a procedure just to baby, that he ok with using a donor if it ment us being a happy family. Actually looking back, I'm glad we didn't decide that at that moment when we first started, or else I may never have found out about my fragile X chromosome problem. I'm not gonna lie, I wish we would still do it. Its only natural that I want our children to have his smile, or his eyes. I go through this crazy rollar coasters where I keep wishing we still could try, just once, but in the end, when I do (and I will) have our baby, I will love it unconditionally.

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago

Jmcandrew: that was my husbands thoughts as well. The whole time he has said he does not want to go bankrupt to have a baby. At first he was a lot like sugarbears Dh where he didn't want to move forward just stop right where we were and forget having kids but eventually he realized it didn't matter he wanted a family. That's great your Dh knew from the very beginning. We had talked about it being a possibility but my Dh never believed it actually was. Even I figured it might just be a low count. It is great that you were able to find out about your fragile x chromosome and that's where i think the "everything happens for a reason" comes into play. :) you will make a wonderful mom I can't wait to see it happen for you!!

11 years ago

Hi girls,
Finally home! HSG sucked so bad it really hurt, the catherder fell out half way and when he pushed it back in again it hurt sssoooooo bad the balloon hurt my lower back and the dye just straight out burnt! and i am still in pain now i had it done at 9am yesterday and its 2pm the next day, yesterday i could barely move i think the reason why is cause i had and ultrasound of my follies and when he was looking at my left ovary it was super painful they pain only got bad after it so maybe it pushed on somthing that was tender! But good news i have got all good tests all my bloods are good tubes are clear uterus is good egg count is good basisly everything is good! DH is booked for SA in 2 weeks but it might have to get delayed because the owner of the property is coming up (talk about shity timming). had more bloods done yesterday to check what my hormones are doing got my 100 preg tests in the mail and my 50 Ov test so i am ready to go! im on CD 9 and the doc wants me to BD every 2nd day from CD11 for a week so looks like we are going to be gettin it on for a week woohoo! LOL

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: that is great! So glad to hear all your tests came out good. Sorry the HSG was so painful for you. At least it's over and now you know your tubes are clear. Have fun with all the BDing. It will def. make for a happy Dh sounds like a win win. I hope it leads to your bfp.

11 years ago

my right side is still killing me! im having a little white discharge... I think i am still too tender for BD hopefully it comes good soon, i would rather break my bones than have that happen again! i have broken bones and continued working so i didnt look like a sook ( i know stupid) and i would still rather do that than have another HSG, maybe i over did it yesterday trying to get all of my jobs done too! after it was over my shoulder hurt and the nurse said that happens to some women but other than mild cramping it was not too bad, i did bleed alot though i was having to change my liner every 1hr so i put a tampon in (maybe thinking about it now that wasnt such a good move), how is everyone else going i have missed so much by the looks of it!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Wow, lots going on! I don't have time to catch up right now (waaaay behind in work b/c my computer was attacked by a bad virus and is still not fixed) but just wanted to say hello.

Stillfuntryin, yay for getting the HSG over with! Sucky that it hurt so bad - sounds like it was awful. I hope you feel better soon and can start BDing! Bet you're looking forward to getting the result of your hubby's SA! Whatever the results, at least you'll have info to go forward with.

Sugarbear, good luck with the biopsy!

Jmcandrew, too bad you have to split your IVF over 2 cycles. But at least it's still moving ahead. Good luck!

Melc, too bad you have to wait a bit more to talk to your hubby. We all seem to be doing a lot of waiting these days! Good luck!

AFM, we were able to BD last Friday, but I think it was too late and I O'ed on Wed PM or Thurs AM. I'm really not hopeful at all, but I guess you never know. I'd be so surprised if I got a BFP. In a way it's nice. I was so stressed out on the Thursday and frustrated that we were missing it, but now I'm enjoying not focusing so much on the TWW and obsessing so much. I'm still getting some pain in my left side - feels like where my L ovary is. I'm wondering if it's a cyst - hope it goes away.

User Image

11 years ago

Feeling much better today, we did BD lastnight but we had to take it easy cause it hurt but it had been ssoooo long with going to town and having AF almost 2 weeks! Told dh that the doctor has ordered us to bd more :) I dont think he is overley worried, things are starting to slow down out here now so we have more time for us!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo