Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1111 - 1120 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Hi Girls,
I allways O on the day of a pos OPK and they can even get darker with me after i have O but BBT allways confirms, Hope you are all well! We are all pretty close CDs im CD5 toady

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

so DH was too tired last night, worked 16 hour day in the sun paving. We BD'd for the two days leading up to positive OPK and tonight maybe?? Last night would have been ideal but he was toast! What do you all think? Off to work.

User Image

11 years ago

Anastasia: I think that you will be fine as the sperm can live for 3-5 days. I would still try to get it in tonight but missing one day I don't think will hurt! Gl!

Afm: so I had pretty much talked dh into letting me get an IUI even though he wanted to wait until next month but then of course this morning my ovacue pegged me as being most fertile on Monday. Of course everything would fall over the weekend. Anyways I'm waiting to see if my BIL can send me the swimmers tomorrow or Friday if he sends it tomorrow I might still have the iui on Friday but dh thinks that will be too soon (what do you all think) of he sends it on Friday it will be an ici at home sense sat the clinic is closed. Not sure if I have a choice but what do you think would be best?! Looks like soy bumped me up a couple days! Lol! Hopefully my BIL can ship and I have lots of Eggs waiting!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Anastasia, I agree with Mel. One night off is still ok. I would BD tonight as well. Even if it's too late for the swimmers, apparently BDing after O is good for some reason...I can't remember why exactly but I read that on the info sheet from my clinic. Maybe it helps with implantation or something...

Mel, I have no idea what to suggest. It's so complicated! I guess if it's not ideal this time for the IUI, I'd say maybe wait til next cycle for that and just do the ICI at home?

AFM, I have to get my pap done and I read that you're not supposed to have sex for 48 hrs before. And of course, the pap has to be done mid cycle. And I don't want them messing around with my cervix after O. Grrrr. So, I'm getting it done on CD 11, and hopefully I don't O early again this time.

User Image

11 years ago

Mel, Im not sure how accurate the OvaCue is for you but are you still BBT? Did you BBT while using the OvaCue to see if it was good for you? I am not so trusting of it but maybe it works for you.... I dont know what you should do but i think the soy has def changed you cycle as it did mine haha told you that you should have done 3-7 LOL oh well cant be helped now i hope you get some spermies up there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just started on my higher doses of Soy today, I took 80mg from day 3-5 and now i will take 120mg for days 6-7, Im not too fussed if this cycle works cause i am busy with work and getting preg would really throw things out and i would have to get another staff member on and im not sure how we would go finding someone so late but we will see!!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Thanks girls in thinking I'm going to just do the Home Insem. Although still (still waiting to here from my BIL to know if he can even ship it at all) Kinda bummed but next month I will try to time it all better. Especially now that I know Soy makes me O right away lol! Now if I could only find something that would make AF pop up so quickly on the months I know I'm not preggo lol! Should listen stillfun lol! Also I brought up adoption with my dh yesterday and he said he doesn't understand why I would want to give up so easy he wants me to keep trying and he said we should try to do IUIs every month and eventually it should work. I think he's right on that part it's just hard having a donor so far away. I wish I knew someone that was close that I felt I could really trust.

Northernbabydream: I've never heard that about paps and sex. I always just do my usual thing I wouldn't have sex right before but I'm sure I've had paps where I had sex the day before. Oops! Lol!

Stillfuntryin: this month I am not doing a bbt chart with the ovacue but I trust the ovacue it seems to line up perfectly with my O pains and the first month I did both I did have a spike at the same time the the ovacue said I O'd the next month wasn't correct because my bbt had bad batteries and I didn't know that would change it so drastically. I don't know how close it really is but it seems to be working.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

I tag you girls in a pic of a new puppy! Born the same day Meg died, Wont get her for anothe 6 weeks but im sssoooo happy

11 years ago

Stillfun, wow, she was born the day that Meg died...that's something special. Have you read the book, "A Dog's Purpose"? You're going to have your hands full with a puppy!

Mel, yeah, I didn't know that either about paps, until I started researching it online. I was concerned about it messing up my TTC this cycle, and then I kept coming across this guidance. I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much. OPK yesterday was still really faint so I think I'm ok anyhow. The BDing will commence tomorrow!

And Mel, that's great that your hubby wants to keep trying IUIs. What ever happened to your hubby's captain donating? It didn't work out? It can't hurt to maybe start looking into fostering anyhow though right, in the meantime? Fostering wouldn't rule out you still trying and getting pregnant yourself.

User Image

11 years ago

Northernbabydream: his captain is still willing as long a we get a contract written up. I don't know I'm still kind of iffy about using him. It also doesn't help that we know he's been talking to another girl behind his wife's back the last couple weeks. I know everyone has their problems but those are problems that could potentially affect us if we move forward with him.

Stillfun: love your new puppy she's so adorable!!!!!

11 years ago

Well i am super happy about the pup and i think it was def ment to be with her birth date and all!!! One of my friends on FB just announced there preg after 5years of trying so it gives me a little hope!!
OvaCue finally pulled through and gave me CD12 as O day and i O'd CD 12 last time i used soy so it just might work LOL Im CD7 today so stil a few days to plan it all out! I def want the day before O and the day of O!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo