Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1441 - 1450 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Stillfun, I hope nothing is wrong and it's just taking a while to get out of your system. Drink lots of water, lol...not sure if that would help but it can't hurt!

Mel, that makes sense, Hopefully everything falls into place for you this time around!

AFM, you girls are scaring me about the meds! I don't mind giving myself shots but the side effects and the not being able to test sound awful. I already get nasty night sweats as it is. I'm worrying now that I won't be able to do an IUI in October. We're scheduled to fly out of town on Oct 25th, and I'm estimating that will also be my CD14, when I should be getting my IUI (unless they do it beforehand?). I might be able to delay leaving until the 26th but am still worried that I'll have a long cycle next month or it will be changed b/c of the IUI protocol and I'll have to wait until December.

Had a talk with hubby this morning again about TTC and his concerns. He's worried about spending his retirement raising a child and being 70 and dealing with a bratty teenager. I feel like if it weren't for me wanting it so badly, he wouldn't be interested in having a child at all, and it makes me wonder if we should just give up.

User Image

10 years ago

Im sorry your stressing Northern, Don't worry too much about the meds! Everyone gets there own side effects! The Tamoxifen turned me into a mental case LOL I hope your cycles stay nice and short, you could try Soy it always shortened mine but then you run the risk of really messing things up, I wouldn't but its an option if you want an early cycle to make sure you fit your IUI in.
Hows the meds Mel?

AFM- Temp is still high GGRRR my follow up appt. isn't for another 2 weeks so I emailed the clinic about my temps and lack of AF! I should hear back from them today! I find emailing is better because you get out what you need to and you can absorb what you need to without trying to remember everything! So Im 22DPO!!!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! CD1 :)

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Finally! Glad to hear it, stillfun.

User Image

10 years ago

Jus looked back over my cycles and I am 2 days different than the cycle I got pregnant on last year! Lets hope this is a lucky month :)

10 years ago

Northern not all meds have crazy side affects. I had no side affects on the injectables only the progesterone I was taking in the tww. Clomid is pretty bad though probably the worst I've taken. Lol! Sorry your second guessing things I think it's a guy thing though my hubby always gets in modes where he says we are spending too much to have a baby and we could be vacationing instead. He always tells me we only keep going because its what I want. Don't let those comments get to you notthern when you get pregnant he will be very happy I'm sure of it. I think they just get down and depressed web it doesn't work like we do only for us it keeps us going and for them they figure its easier to give up.

Still fun: yeah for CD1!!! I think if you had a hcg round where you just to the one shot to get your eggs to release you would be fine. Mine only stayed in my system for like 8 days then I was able to start testing. I def couldn't handle taking it the way you did! Lol! The clomid is kicking my butt. It's already in the 100s here and then I've got to deal with the hot flashes all day long on top of it. It's also been giving me headaches. But hopefully it will all be worth it. It'd be nice if I randomly had it work for me too and released 2 eggs lol! I'm only on cd 8 and for whatever reason my ovacue is already saying possibly fertile it didn't even bring up the rest of the colors. But my opts today (which I wasn't even going to start yet until the light blue box popped up) were all negative today so I must have a couple days still. I think in clomid previously I Od on day 15.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

The OvaCue will give you possible days where it thinks you should be close to O as far as your cycle length goes, it has nothing to do with your hormones just the settings it has installed! I questioned it a while back.
I forgot to use my OvaCue this AM but im sure it will be fine I will just start tomorrow! I was talking to ken yesterday about AF and how bloated I was and he said "I wish you were bloated cause there was a baby in there" Makes me sad when he says stuff like that, He visited two of his friends the other day and they both have kids and he felt very sad and empty when he got home, He said it felt so unfair what have we ever done! I don't know how many times I have said that to myself but its different coming from him :(

10 years ago

Aw, stillfun, that would be so hard to hear. Ken sounds like a real softy at heart. It will happen for you guys.

Mel, just curious, are doing a trigger too, so you can know when exactly you ovulate? Would be great if you got two eggs - can you imagine twins! Hot flashes in that heat sounds nasty!

Thanks for the encouragement Mel, I'll just have to see what the meds are like and deal with it, lol, and I think you're right about how men deal with it. My hubby doesn't do well with failure.

We only got one BD in the time window this round, I think. I've been so exhausted and sore lately and hubby has been falling asleep early at night too. I really don't see much point in even trying anymore either. For whatever reason, I just don't think it's going to happen on its own. You'd think after 3 years of trying so hard that something would have happened. Sorry for sounding like such a downer. I am just really ready to move on with the IUI!

User Image

10 years ago

Still fun: awe I'm so sorry to hear your hubby is feeling down. It will happen, it's happened before and it will happen again. :)

Northern: I'm not doing a trigger this round. My obgyn doesn't do all that only the clomid and IUI. It only takes one bd to get pregnant. good luck!

Afm: i am super pissed right now. So this morning my ovacue populated my days saying my most fertile day will be Monday I usually O one to two days after the most fertile day. Opk had no smiley but I went ahead and ordered my sperm which can't be here until Tuesday thanks to the Memorial Day weekend but figured that'd be fine. Well got home from work took another opk and sure enough it skipped the blinking smiley and is a freaking solid face. How the hell do I have 4 days of blinking last cycle and no blinking this cycle. Ugh!!! Now I'm worried the sperm will be here and it will be way too late. I guess this will really tell me if I should be trusting the opks and the ovacue. Going to watch my cervix closely and keep using the ovacue. I sure hope the ovacue is right!!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Also I'm only on day 9 I have NEVER Od this early I've always been close to day 15 my doctor told me to not even start testing until day 10

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo