Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

591 - 600 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Anastasia: I have heard of men being placed on testerone in hopes that after testosterone goes up so will the sperm count. What do the doctors think his chances are? I would think you would have a good chance of Soren recovering! I bought an ovacue last cycle which checks your saliva as well as cervical mucus to give you your best five days of trying to conceive. I tried it last cycle but of course ended up having a messed up month so I will be using it again next cycle (unless of course I get my bfp!!!) the semen analysis microscope I bought from amazon you just mix a little semen with the concentrate in the kit and put it on a slide and I tested it with my brother on law and you could see the little guys swimming it was really cool It's a little difficult to figure out at first but works great. I know there is also kits you can buy where you send the sample off and they send you back the results I would go crazy waiting 6 weeks lol! For at home insems I just bought a home Insem kit online and then bought a speculum and have my hubby place the sperm as close to the cervix opening as possible. Then I lay with bottom up for as long as I can! They say it has a smaller chance of success then IUI but we paid a ton for IUIs and only got a chemical so we figure we will go the free route for a bit lol!

Stillfuntrying: your chart looks GREAT!!! I don't think you have anything to worry about!!! Have your tests arrived yet?

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Welcome Anastasia! I'm from BC too - currently in the NWT but will be back home in March.

I started spotting today - pretty bummed out right now. I'm on day 11 after ovulation I think - AF is due on Thursday. Temp is still high but not as high as I'd like.

Fingers are crossed for you stillfuntryin! Hang in there and try to think positive!

Mel, that would be so hard to give up those furbabies but at least you are finding them good homes.

User Image

11 years ago

Testosterone replacement was the problem, there was zero sperm because of him being on it. Docs didn't give us a clear idea of the chances of his count coming back really they just said give it at least 92 days and come back for another test and that was it.
I might have to give the online semen analysis scope a try. I hope that the at home method works for you, I don't really want to start with IUI unless I have too, they are around 400$ here plus the 4 hour drive, plus time off work for both of us and finding someone to watch our daughter, kind of a pain.
I am really hoping all the naturals I got my dh to take will up our chances of success and my soy isoflavones too.

User Image

11 years ago

Northernbabydream, thanks! I hope that it works out for you. I feel for you, I am a little tired of getting negative tests and crying in the shower :(
On a side note, living in a small town and pretty much everyone knows I have one child that is already 3, I get the whole when are you having another?? As if it is that easy.... I don't tell anyone what is really going on either because we are both very private. So this is nice to talk to others online who understand the struggle and all that.

User Image

11 years ago

Hi Girls,
No ests yet 24hr to go LOL my cramps are so constant!! And my reflux is hitting me hard today.... Hoping these are all good this im sure they are, sorry northernbaby and can tell you are getting frustrated especially with me harping on over here complaining about my pregnancy symptoms, Mel hows the TWW treating you its been a while

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Whoa, I missed a lot! Welcome Anastasia! We really have different climates covered here, don't we? Lol.

Stillfun - fingers are so crossed for you, I can't wait til your tests get there either!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D When would your AF be due?

Mel - that semen microscope sounds really cool actually. Lol

Northern - sorry about your spotting! :( Hey, at least one of us has gotten a bfp, maybe this group can get one a month. ;)

AFM - well, bleh. I have been feeling hormonal, there is no doubt about that. Lol. That's about it though, no other real symptoms. Then again, my first pregnancy was really light on symptoms too, until I was a few months along. (Anastasia - I have a 5 year old with my ex, so I also constantly get "when are you going to give him a little brother/sister?!?") Honestly, I just don't feel lucky this month again. I'm planning for the next cycle. I did take an hpt yesterday, mid-day. Nothing, stark white. That was 9dpo. Maybe I'll take one today after work, or maybe I'll wait a few days. AF isn't even due until next Sunday. Lol. I think she might be a day early though, since I O'd a day early this month. Only time will tell!

User Image

11 years ago

After posting that ^ I went to the bathroom, and upon checking my cervix, had some spotting. This is a really weird time for me to have spotting! Normally if I do, it's just that my CM is tinted brown, and it's a few days after O. Not 5 days away from AF. And this was red, too. Bright red. Which, I don't think implantation bleed is supposed to be. So who knows! Ugh.

User Image

11 years ago

Sue- i know nothing about IB but google it!! 4 hrs till tests get here... My BBT is down again not too far but its not way up but it might be because i cant sleep weel latley and i have been taking it from aroun 420am til aroun 445 so im not sure if it would make too much of a difference but i wake up about 5 or 6 times from 2am til it BBT so i think my temps are due to my lack of consistancy I HOPE, anyways i will post once i have tested EEEKKKK so nervouse what if its neg :(

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Supersue, I think that could be IB if it's not too heavy of spotting. It can be bright pink or red though I think. Fingers crossed!

Stillfuntryin, keep complaining about those pregnancy symptoms! One of us better get a BFP this cycle! I'll be checking back in 4 hours from now, expecting to see your BFP on the new tests!

My spotting hasn't gotten any worse and I don't have any cramps. Boobs are bigger and a bit sore. The soreness is normal for before AF but they never get this big...mind you that could be more to do with overindulging on goodies over the holidays!

User Image

11 years ago

Any spotting is considered more of an indication that I am not pregnant, unfortunately.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/early-pregnancy-symptoms/spotting-during-luteal-phase.php

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo