Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Jmcandrew: those sound like great symptoms. I never really mentioned any symptoms to my Dh I always felt they were just in my head lol! Plus I really wanted to surprise him if I got a bfp. Of course I didn't plan it to go the way it has gone is month lol! Good luck when will you take your first test? I'm so excited I really hope you get your BFP!

Called my doctor today and will probably go for my beta today. I'm really nervous but the tests have gotten darker and Dh thinks its best to let the doctor know whats going on and get a blood test. Fingers crossed!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Yes! Fingers cressed!!! I just bought some ept test. I'm going to try really hard and wait until Monday 12dpo but I might cave Sunday. We'll see how I feel tomorrow and Saturday. Even though I had unusual cramping, I still feel perfect normal. I just don't feel anything crazy which is so disappointing. Tomorrow is another day.

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago

Went in for another blood test today and my beta came back at 18. Doctor is worried about the low number and my low progesterone. Go back Monday fingers crossed my beta is over 35. Stick little bean stick!

Jmcandrew: keep us posted. Fingers crossed!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

We had to drive to 3 different labs before we found one that would do the SA for us!!! it took all day yesterday and they told us that the urologist would get the reoprt and call us sometime today. I have been stressing out all day about getting this call and it still hasn't come yet and it's after 5pm. My fiance didn't want to talk to his mom about our fertility issues until we knew exactly what the SA said...except he got a little drunk on the 4th of July and spilled the beans to his mom and sister. What makes it even worse is how his mom reacted...she mentioned that she knew we would have problems. It makes us feel betrayed that she must have known something from one of his pediatric cancer doctors and she was keeping it from us. It would have been nice if she told us something earlier so we could have started trying to see doctors right from the start instead of wasting money on all kinds of other fertility things...books, opks, HPTs, vitamins and everything else...not to mention getting our hopes up. What is the worst is she has been constantly talking about us having kids and what great parents we would be and I took her to my friends baby shower and she kept talking about what my shower will be like meanwhile I had to keep quiet about our fertility problems....and she frickin knew about them!!! BEFORE WE DID!!! It makes me feel upset and frustrated like my trust has been betrayed by her. Sorry for venting and I really hope that she didn't do this on purpose. My mother thinks that she didn't say anything because she may have thought that I wouldn't have stayed with my fiance...and that's just horrible. I can't even imagine leaving him, this is a problem that we have to work on ourselves as a couple and I would never ever dream of leaving him. There would be no point in having a baby without him anyways. I hope all is better for all of you.

You ladies have helped keep me going during some very sad times...THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!

11 years ago

Hi girls,

I hope you don't mind me joining in! My DH does have some sperm but low motility and poor morphology. But I can really relate to how you feel, with wanting a baby so badly and dealing with "helpful" comments from friends and family. We've tried really hard to keep it quiet, but my DH's family is very close and open, so they know and always ask if we're pregnant yet. Don't they think that we'd tell them if we were!?

A few of our friends know, but we try to keep it low key and not let on how badly we want it. I don't want awkwardness with my friends and they ALL have kids, and none of them had any difficulty conceiving, so they don't really get it and I don't want them feeling sorry for us.

And I totally try to avoid telling my DH about all my TTW symptoms. I try to minimize the stress of it all with him, as I know he would just give up and say that we should not bother trying so hard. It's bad enough that I won't leave him alone regardless of how tired he is during the optimal time to conceive!

Anyhow, someone asked about what progesterone is for. You need to have progesterone during your luteal phase (after ovulation) to ensure the pregnancy sticks. Your body normally produces it, but some women don't produce enough. One indicator of not producing enough is spotting during this period. This is why I'm on it. Best to get tested though, and take it under a doctor or naturopath's supervision. You only take it from ovulation until you know you are not pregnant or when your period starts.

Good luck everyone!

User Image

11 years ago

Sugarbear: I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for you! I hope that everything comes back good with the SA please let us know as soon as you find out. I will be thinking about you! I'm sorry about your mother in law but there really is no way to know for sure if the cancer would've caused a problem or not and she probably felt there was no reason to worry you when she didn't know for sure. My mother in law was told by doctors that my husband really shouldn't have issues later on with having children. My husband def. kept his cancer in mind when we first started trying but we kept thinking he was so young how could it affect sperm count when he had no sperm yet? Silly I know but I think we were trying to keep happy thoughts. I'm sure your mother in law meant well and I hope that you two are able to work through this.

Northernbabydream: welcome! Thanks for the information about progesterone. I started out on 200mg of progesterone in the TWW now that I'm pregnant I'm on 800mg a day it seems like so much but I'll do anything to try to hold onto this little bean. Are you and your Dh considering IUIs? Good luck I hope you get a bfp soon!

11 years ago

YAY melc2808 so happy for you, well as you all know i went to the fertility clinic on friday and did some more bloods and i showed him my ultra sounds that i got at chrissy and he seems to think i might have PCOS they tested my progesterone last month after O and it came back that i didnt even ovulate so boo to that. One good thing I dont have HIV LOL, got the referals for the HSG and he got more ultra sounds done to check how many follocules (how ever its spelt) i have, i cant do the HSG till next cycle because they only do it on a tue and it has to be at the start of my cycle so i will go down next month on a tue i spose, got blood tests and SA referals for DH, although he isnt too comfortable with the whole poorly light room and a cup LOL, i said i had to do heaps worse so get over it,at least your part is enjoyable LOL! Im going to do phone confrences with the doc cause it's too far to drive for a chat, he was really good. i cant waith to get the ball rolling with somthing, even starting clomid will be exciting, why do they check your liver and kidneys, i got bloods done for them last time and they are all good and they checed my liver with the ultra sound on friday? you cant dissapear from this site either melc2808 :)

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: I'm so happy you have started the process. If you have PCOS then your Dh might just be in the clear after all! That's great! I've seen many women with PCOS become pregnant. They just have to monitor you a little more as you most likely will respond too well to meds. Sorry you have to wait until next cycle for your HSG but once you get to that point things will really get moving. I would imagine it would be pretty weird for your Dh lol! My hubby was able to take care of business at home then just go drop it off. Lol! I'm not sure why they would check your liver and kidneys I don't believe they ever checked mine. That is strange. I def. won't disappear I have to stick around to see all you girls get your bfps! :)

11 years ago

u might be waiting a while lol

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

i tested this morning at 4am!! I think i see a line!!

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test36018

Can you see it? I'm a little nervous that its still HCG left from my second trigger shot?! WHAT DO YOU GIRLS THINK?! was it too soon? i'll do another test tomorrow!!

Mel C: let us know how your blood test comes back tomorrow!!

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo