Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1581 - 1590 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

That would be awesome for the 3 of us to be pregnant at the same time!

User Image

10 years ago

northern: I'm so sorry to hear about your pre-AF symptoms. :( I hope that she doesn't show up but I'm glad your staying positive. It would be so great if we al got pregnant around the same time!!!

Stillfun: that is much cheaper than here in the states. We were looking at $15,000-$20,000 depending on how much meds I needed. OUCH! I really hope you don't' have to go through another stim cycle that doesn't sound fun but its great your insurance will help.

AFM: DH gave me the go ahead to fill out the paperwork with the donor embryo program. He was a bit uneasy but he said its because he's scared it will fail and he's tired of all the let downs. :( His only request was that I don't actually fly up there until after Christmas to have some of the prerequisites done. So I figure I can at least get the consult taken care of and the paperwork started and b/w taken care of and then schedule my SSG after the holidays. woohoo! I'm so excited!!! now I just have to watch when we get matched because my sisters wedding is in October and I'm a bridesmaid. I so hate having to plan having a baby around big events. (do fertile people have to do such things) lol! bring on the 2014 babies!!! :)

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Mel, my out of pocket would have been $10,000 for the procedure but our government has a safety threshold of $5000 for medical procedures that fall under the threshold hand thankfully some of IVF does, you get 85% back after you get to $5000 so I got nearly half back!! Not all of the procedures are covered like hospital fees (around $1500 all up) and Cryopreservation anything to do with the freezing, but they work on calendar year so if I don't do one before new years im back to square one and have to reach that $5000 before they will help, I think a FET is $3500 but im not sure if that's the same for a natural one...
I fell down some stairs last night, my feet just slipped out from under me and I have hurt my back pretty bad, Im Oing at the moment and was going to get a little BD in but im might have to sit this one out or get some realy good pain killers in before BD time, I think I O today, we BD over the weekend but I was ontop and it all came out (sorry TMI) so I think that was a waisted BD. Anyway im not too worried about it, I would like to get one in just incase.
Northern, how are you going??? Still neg?
I hope to hear some good news, but regardless things are moving forward for all of us :)

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

I guess I will still be trying the natural way....I just can't see spending so much on IVF in the states and our insurance covers 0%. I am Oing soon....feel bloaty and have EWCM but OPK is really -- ...not even close. Gonna try to get DH to BD tonight (cd14) and we BD cd 9,11. I hope something happens soon for us. I am jealous of all you other girls with assisted methods. Good luck to all of you girls. It seems so close and within reach for yall.....

User Image

10 years ago

Hoping, what about trying an IUI, or even just clomid? It's much cheaper than IVF. I'm not going to go for IVF either - it's so expensive here and not covered by my insurance at all. Good luck to you for this cycle! You've got a few BDs in there! Try to keep it up (lol) until you get a positive OPK.

Mel, that is great that you can get started now! Woohoo! So excited to see you guys moving forward.

Stillfun, sorry about your back - ouch. I hope it heals up quickly. So you are just doing a natural cycle this time? Are you doing the FET next cycle?

AFM, yes, I've been testing still, and still negative. I've been swinging back and forth like a yo-yo though. I'm getting weird pulls and pains in my abdomen, but then also getting some pre-AF cramps etc. I guess it's just odd PMS stuff this time. I'm still spotting a bit too. DH did say something positive about moving on to the next step yesterday, so hopefully we'll be able to go ahead with the IUI this cycle, without him freaking out.

User Image

10 years ago

I don't have any problems ovulating. its DH and his low sperm count! i could look into how much iui costs around here. got a +opk this morning (posted a pic). i checked the "runoff"under my microscope after laying with my booty propped up last night for about 30 minutes, but i never saw any sperm at all. which is strange because i usually see some...driving myself a little more crazy.

User Image

10 years ago

Northern- I have to wait until my holidays for the FET, so early Feb. My fs won't do back to back cycles with anything. I have a pos with the cbfm but still not quite there with ICs so maybe O tomorrow, I got a nd in lastnight and will again tomorrow.
Hoping- I'm sorry you are battling, I wish treatments were cheaper! For sperm issues my clinic ( and this is just mine) they think IUI is a waist if time, they only ever do it for same sex couples or people who are using donor. That's why I didn't do it, he said in a fashion that it would be a waist of money, but I can't see why one try wouldn't hurt!
Mel- I'm so fricken excited for you! We might be cycling togther!! I hope it all runs smoothly

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

So my evening OPK was clearly --....Hopefully last nights BD will be ok. DH has a cold today so prob not gonna be in the mood [sad]

User Image

10 years ago

Hoping, it only takes once (apparently!). I can't remember if your hubby got a sperm analysis done or not? I thought you were thinking about it but were waiting or planning to do it later? Try not to worry about not seeing any under the microscope. Thirty minutes is a long time for them to sit in a vagina and still survive as it's supposed to actually be a pretty hostile environment for them. I'd be curious to get a sample some other time when you're just practicing BDing and actually get a sample into a cup to check under the scope. Heh...might be too much of a turn-off for the hubby though.

I don't have any problems ovulating either, but the clomid and trigger will cause you to release more eggs and gives the spermies a better chance...at least that's what I was told by my clinic. I was surprised that they wanted me to do clomid and skeptical that it would help. Of course, it didn't work last cycle but I'm still willing to give it a shot.

It's funny what the different fertility clinics say. Mine recommended the IUI even though we had sperm issues (last test was good after months of lots of vitamins). They said that the combination of increased # of eggs along with the sperm cleaning and getting the healthy ones right into the uterus gives you a good shot at success.

User Image

10 years ago

Northern has a great point, not every egg and sperm are ment to be a baby, that's why not all mature eggs and good sperm make it with ivf, so many times I hear 20 eggs collected and only 2 or 3 making it to blastocyst, so the more eggs the better :)

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo