Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

251 - 260 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Melc, that was kinda awkward, but I agree with the other girls, it's great that you DH is thinking of more options. Unfortunely the very little reading I've done on adoption suggested its even more expensive then ivf. Some time up to $30,000 for a private adoption (in the us). I don't mean to give you bad news, in fact if you find out information, I would love to share, we might be going down that rout too if the next few weeks don't pan out.

Northenbaby: my fingers are crossed for you!!!!! I'm sorry to hear its been 2 years. I can only imagine. The past year for us has felt like an eternity! Keep us posted with your ttw!

Stillfuntrying: vitamins weren't an option for us either, but In my Follistim package insert it say it's can be used for men "to help bring the production and development of sperm" I haven't googled it, but I'm sure you can find more info, I hope you get your phone call soon.

Afm: very sad to report only 2 embies made it to freeze, still don't know if they are normal or are carriers of fragile x. Glad we decided to do another retrieval, but now we're out of insurance. So this one is out of pocket. I wonder everyday it I'll ever get my baby.

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago

Jmcandrew: I found a lawyer who says on average his client pay $15,000-$20,000 which yes is still a lot but it's a guarantee unlike IVF. I'm so sorry to hear that only two 2 embies made it try to think positive as it only takes one. I really hope that the second retrieval gives ou many more embies.

Afm: I can't wait until next month to do my home Insems. But in the mean time I have a lot of things going on. My grandfather has been in and out of the hospital and doctors are telling us we should say our goodbyes. He has recently had two heart attacks and his kidneys are failing. On top of that remember when I told you all about my biological father well my aunt on that side ended up finding me on Facebook and she wants me to go to a service on saturday they are having for her mom and my uncle on that side that just passed away and she wants me to meet the family. Meaning my biological father whom I don't remember at all will be there too. I'm going as I figure this may be my only chance to meet them but I'm so nervous I've always had this vision of what I think he might be like and what if I'm all wrong. My mom is worried I will get hurt. I feel like a child again right now. Am I wrong for wanting to go? S many thoughts racing through my head.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

If meeting your fatheis somthing that is important to you than DO IT, what have you got too lose... You have alot to gain by meeting him, me on the other hand i also come from a broken family and both parents didnt want to be responsable for my sis and i and we were left with family and then was sexualy abused by my unlce and than the goverment took us and my grandparents forght for us and than we lived with them until i was around 10 or 11 until my own parents felt like being responsable than i moved inbetween both of them, i finally come to live with my mother at age 14 and my sis lived with my dad my dad and i never had a good relationship but as an adult i have made an effort but he still finds a way to make me feel like i owe it to him to visit him he never calls me i only call him and it was farthers day on the weekend and i forgot about it, it isnt really a big deal for me then i receive a letter on FB tell me how dissapinted he was that me and my sis didnt ring an basicly made me feel like shit so i have made the decison to not ring him and i know that will lead to drama but ATM i dont really care he has never made and effort for me and only when it suits him he wants me to care, i have been feeling a little down about it DH doenst understand as he has had his parents all his life they are loving warm people so i wil just keep it to my self that i propbably have lost all hope of ever having anything to do with my farther i just dont want to deal with it, anyway beside my rant the point im getting to is if he is willing to make the effort run with it, if it doest work out you havnt really lost alot but if it does imagine the possabilitys.....
Anyway i think im going ot call the clinic today about the relults i cant keep waiting its killing me, hope everyone is fine ;)

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: wow! I'm so sorry for all you've been through. I don't think I'd really want anything to do with my parents after all that. :( let us know how the call goes I hope that they are willing to give you the results today.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

AAARRGGGGHHHH just rang the clinic not until Tue 10am next week, how much does that suck LOL

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin, Tues NEXT week? As in, not tomorrow? That does suck. And wow, what an upbringing - I don't blame you one bit for not having a great relationship with your parents. I'm glad your DH's family is loving. I have a bit of a strained relationship with my family and find myself closer with my DH's.

Jmcandrew, sorry to hear you've only got 2 embies left. Hopefully at least one of them doesn't have fragile X. Let us know...

Melc, that would be nerve-wracking to make that decision to meet not only your bio-dad, but the whole family too. Stillfuntryin is right - you don't have anything to lose by meeting him. I'm sure it will be emotional though. I hope it goes well if you decide to do it.

Afm, 4 dpo now and starting to obsess about the tww. Arg. I had a lot of CF the last 2 days, which is different, so of course I'm starting to let myself get hopeful that this is a good sign. Must try to ignore all symptoms so I don't drive myself nutty.

User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: aww...I'm so sorry you have to wait another week that sucks. Hope your busy this week so the time flies by.

Northernbabydream: yes it will be so emotional meeting the whole family. My Dh is able to go with me though thank goodness but I've decided if I don't take this opportunity I will always continue to wonder and may never get another chance again. Lol! I love and hate the 2ww. Lol! Keep us posted I hope that it's a good sign and that you get lots more symptoms over the next couple days. Fingers crossed!

AFM: my Dh came home today from his Colorado trip and we were able to kind of sit and talk about everything. I told him that on top of doing home Insems the next cycle I would really like to do a couple cycles at home before moving forward with my BIL. I also told him that maybe we should consider other people we know who haven't had a vasectomy. We have thought of this before but so many will say they will help and then when it comes down to it the don't. We thought we had the perfect person who was a friend of my DHs but just recently he slipped and got his gf preggo so now I'm thinking he's out. But I just hate to spend so much on our BiL and put him through all the pain that goes with the VR and put his family through having to deal with birth control and stressing about more "accidents" when there are other options. Sorry for the ranting this TTC stuff makes me feel bipolar all the time. I never know which way I'm going Lol, hopefully next cycle will work and I won't have to think about it anymore. Lol

11 years ago

Melc, I don't know much at all about vasectomy reversals, IVF, etc, but when I read your post I wondered if there's another option to draw sperm out surgically, without doing the reversal? Wouldn't that be easier, if it were possible, and save your BIL having to have the reversal and then, I assume, get the vasectomy done again? I'm guessing you or the doctor already thought of this and it's not feasible or practical for some reason, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyhow as an idea. I'm really hoping that you get a BFP in the next couple months on your own.

I know what you mean about loving and hating the tww. I hove the hope that you get during it. It's comforting and exciting, but then there's the anticipation of disappointment too. I get so disappointed now, that I try not to let myself feel too hopeful.

User Image

11 years ago

I can completely understand to stress of it all Mel, people comitt to things they dont fully understand! the week is going sorta fast but finding the results out any earlier woulnt have helped for this cycle anyway im on CD8 today, i hope there are some sperm that is my biggest fear is that there wont be any, i know that he wont do donor or adopt so if there is no sperm my baby dreams are over.... God let there be sperm!... im not a religious person but i tell you what i have been praying every day! I will be so crushed, but im trying to be positive what if there isnt a problem what do we do then? What if what if what if that is all i seem to think, MIL was talking to me about kids last night and i said that people are waiting a little longer these days to have kids and she said i dont think thats such a good idea and started the big speal and in the back of my head i was just thinking if you only knew the shit we have been going through just cause getting pregnant wasnt and issue for you doesnt mean it's like that for everyone ggrrr i got so ancious but couldnt show it i tried to play it cool.
OOhhh i hope they are symptoms northernbabydream please let it be symptoms How are things going jmcandrew? Where have you got to surgarbaby?

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin, I don't know how you didn't spill the beans with your MIL! I'm not sure I could have contained myself! I'm all too familiar with the "what if's" - I remember going through that when we went through testing. From reading on this forum, it seems like sometimes it's just a matter of time and continuing to keep trying. Who knows why!

My DH's family knows that we are trying, and so does my SILon my side (I'm not really close with the rest of my family). Thankfully, DH's family doesn't ask us about it. My SIL asks how it's going periodically, but I can handle that, as we're pretty close.

No more symptoms unfortunately, so I'm just waiting and waiting. Something like 6 DPO now. Feeling tired and craving odd foods today but that's not all that abnormal for me. I thought I saw a bit of pink on TP today, which could be implantation spotting, but it was very very faint.

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo