Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1451 - 1460 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Wow, CD9, that seems way too early. I recall having that happen when testing with OPKs recently - got a pos on something like CD 8 or 9, and then kept testing and sure enough it went faint and then positive again around CD14 when it should have been. I have no idea why or what that means, but hopefully for you it means that you will still O at your expected time. Maybe keeping an eye on your cervix is the best way of knowing. So frustrating!

User Image

10 years ago

Mel what are your V readings? Call your OBGYN and see if you can get a U/S! I have heard of the digi's being a tad unreliable because you cant see progressional colours! I am using the OvaCue, the clearblue fert monitor and BBT so surley one of those should work, whats your CM like? maybe get a standard OPk not a digi, and CD 9 is way to early I think! FX for you.
Northern- I know how you feel but at least you are moving ahead!
AFM- im not sure what im going to say to my FS about my next cycle, I don't want all the HCG again and its so hard to organise anything around our work schedule!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Hey girls! I'm feeling much better I did some research and apparently is you use OPKs within 3 days of finishing your last clomid pill you can get false positives. learn something new every cycle lol! So today I used a regular OPK as I didn't have anymore of the digis and it came out negative and my V readings were up a little tonight so I know that means I'm safe still. I'm SO happy!!! lol!

Stillfun: OMG you are using a ton of different things for O lol! you should be able to narrow it down really well. Doing everything around a work schedule sucks!!! I hear ya on that one!! I wish I could quit while trying to conceive. boy would it help on stress level too!

northernbaby: I think I will be getting a positive again within the next couple days too. hopefully not until Tuesday though when I get the sperm lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

What happens if you don't O til later? R the sperm frozen? Yeah u would think one will get it right, I will also use opks aswel just to make sure, CD4 today. I'm using epo again this cycle, I love the amount of ewcm I get, I might use robitussin on o day too.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Hey girls! Sorry there isn't any good news on here yet since Anastasia. I am 10 DPO today and CD25. Should be getting ready for AF soon. No usual symptoms tho. Sticky CM and no sore nipples like usual. It just drives me crazy to be a symptom watcher. No matter how much I tell myself I won't do it, I always seem to get my hopes up. I think at this point after all these years, I am not sure I would even believe it if I got BFP. I find myself so jealous of my sister with her new little baby. I really want another one of my own. I watched my DH hold my nephew yesterday ( it was the first time I ever saw him hold a newborn in 4 years since I have known him) I really think he would LOVE one of his own. We were cleaning out the attic of his old house and it is full of baby stuff (crib, car seat, etc) That he and his ex wife had before they knew she couldn't have children and he still wont get rid of it. He loves shopping for baby clothes for his friend's babies and my nephews. Its so sad that we aren't getting pregnant Might have to start on fertilaid again and double up! Think I'm done with my pity party now....

User Image

10 years ago

Stillfun the sperm come in a big tank full of dry ice so the sperm can survive up to 15 days in the tank so its better to have it here early than late.

Hoping: I tell my self every cycle I'm not going to be paying attention to all the little symptoms too. Last month I drove myself crazy thinking I had every symptom in the book. Ugh! Your poor dh. I'm sorry he's having a hard time right now. My dh won't look at anything baby related he says it makes him too sad. He would even look at the pictures I brought home of my new nephew for quite sometimes. :( I hope the fertilaid helps! Fingers crossed for youth at things happen soon!

AFm: yesterday at 10am I got my solid smiley. My ovacue has me marked as most fertile today. I got my sperm this morning around 1030 and had the first Insem done by 11:30 at 9pm I will be using my ovacue to see if I Od today or not and if not then around 1130 tonight I will do my second Insem. My cervix didn't look super open but I did have a lot of cm and if my opk is right I should be O'ing today so hopefully I timed the first one ok or the second one will work. Fingers crossed!!!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Mel, that's really interesting about using OPKs early with clomid. So glad that it's probably just that for you! Good luck this cycle!!! Sounds like the timing is going to work out great after all and you've got two shots at it this time!

Hoping, that's so sad about your hubby. Fingers crossed that this cycle is the one for you! I so completely relate to how you feel about not believing a BFP if you got one. I'd be the same way. Keep us posted on your symptoms! It's time for some good news!

Nothing much going on for me...waiting, waiting. No symptoms to speak of.

User Image

10 years ago

Not much going on over here either! This is my second day of using the CBFM still have low readings, OvaCue has populated CD 12 as O day, im CD7 today, I haven BD with DH for about 9 or 10 days so I better do it to get all the dead spermies out so we have fresh ones for O time! GGRRR im so sick of this low sex drive thing! I have to plan it like that! I hate it!
Mel that's sounds so awesome! Did you use you OBGYN this time? Maybe just a U/S to confirm O and 7dpo bloods would be great! This is where BBT really helps because you know that O has happened to following day and don't doubt it!

10 years ago

AF started yesterday for me.......sucks. And DH is leaving for Germany in 2 days. He will be back on my CD 12 or 13....Hopefully we have decent timing next cycle
Good luck Mel and others in the TWW!

User Image

10 years ago

Bah!!! Hoping, I'm so sorry AF showed. I just saw on another thread here that someone conceived NATURALLY after trying for 7 years and going through a bunch of medicated and IUI cycles. That totally gave me hope today. It can happen! Better luck on your next cycle!

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo