Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1801 - 1810 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

I tried to call but the office had closed already. So I emailed the doctor and I am calling again in the morning. We have an apt Monday with them....

User Image

10 years ago

That is really weird, hoping. There's no useful information there at all! Maybe something screwed up with the sample and they will need to redo it? I can't think of what else it could be.

15DPO for me and still just spotting. Maybe I didn't ovulate when I thought I did. I did a HPT this am and stark white. Weird thing is that my cervix feels harder again and I have no PMS/AF symptoms. I have no idea, other than it's the herbs/acupuncture doing something.

User Image

10 years ago

Yeah hoping, even if there was zero sperm it should say... I really don't know!
Transfer at 9am tomorrow, can't wait to be in tww lol! Ken won't come in with me but oh well! I hope they sort it out hoping, anyone know what's up with Mel? I figured she would be more active with the up conning transfer but she has been quiet.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

You can bet I will be finding out what's up today. I didn't pay $150 for them to tell me there was 4ml......Why would you even do it if you don't do a count? I am Oing late too. I still haven't gotten what I would consider a true positive OPK yet and still have ew/watery cm for over a week. Temp still lowish too.

Stillfun!!!

Ok, so the fertilty doctor called me and said that the reasons for all the n/a was that my "husband has hardly any sperm and that is your problem" He was very matter of fact about it all. Is there even a reason for us to go spend money to continue with the process? And to top it off, Greg has to have a biopsy of his thyroid because they think he might have a cancerous tumor.....happy birthday to me!

User Image

10 years ago

Oh no hoping, that is really bad news, how is he taking it? How are you taking it? I was thinking it could be like that cause his count was too low to get accurate information but didn't wasn't to be a Debbie downer, I'm really sorry hoping, if there is anything I can do let me know, I wished we lived closer togther so we could have coffee and a vent, I'm praying you get some good news jun, you are def in my thoughts, oh and happy birthday :)
Transfer this morn!! Up at 4am to put my pessaries in so may as well stay up, I didntsleep well lastnight thinki g about things so imay have to have a little rest today, they say bed rest is good anyways. Wish me luck and Fx my embie thaws well!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Oh no hoping, that is really bad news, how is he taking it? How are you taking it? I was thinking it could be like that cause his count was too low to get accurate information but didn't wasn't to be a Debbie downer, I'm really sorry hoping, if there is anything I can do let me know, I wished we lived closer togther so we could have coffee and a vent, I'm praying you get some good news jun, you are def in my thoughts, oh and happy birthday :)
Transfer this morn!! Up at 4am to put my pessaries in so may as well stay up, I didntsleep well lastnight thinki g about things so imay have to have a little rest today, they say bed rest is good anyways. Wish me luck and Fx my embie thaws well!

10 years ago

We are both just kind of confused at the result. i don't consider 100 swimming sperm under one field in my microscope to be "a few" and he is willing to do whatever I want as far as trying to see what our options are. I see more than a few post-coitally and I am pretty sure they aren't from me!

Good luck!!!!!

User Image

10 years ago

Oh, hoping, I'm so sorry - what a load of bad news on your bday. They shouldn't have just written your chances of conceiving off though. What if it's a varicocele? Did they even discuss that? I'd be pissed at the doctor for not being more helpful about your next steps. You've been seeing an improvement with the sperm under your home microscope - I wouldn't totally give up.

Also, did he wait the appropriate time for the sample? On the standard forms they use, they usually say to abstain for something like 3-7 days, but newer research is showing that it's better to not abstain for more than 4 or 5 - so a sample should really be taken after 3-4 days. It might be worth it to try one IUI anyhow - if you're already paying $150 for the sperm sample testing, it won't be all that much more to get the IUI done - and you'll also get the results of another sperm analysis. I can't remember though - maybe you're in one of the states with atrocious IUI costs? Sorry, I know you mentioned before what the cost would be but I can't remember!

I hope the biopsy comes back clean too. Do you have to wait long to find out the results? Hang in there girl. I hope you can do something fun for your bday to take your mind off of all this, at least for a bit.

Stillfun, it's transfer day already!!!? Sending sticky vibes your way! Good luck with it and get lots of rest. Try some deep breathing exercises too if you can - good for relaxation. Are you doing one or two embies?

Mel, hope everything is going well.

Oh, BTW, Anastasia had her baby boy! Thought I'd mention since I don't think hoping is on FB to see the news.

AFM, well, AF decided to finally show this morning. What a disappointing luteal phase. My temps are much more consistent than they used to be, instead of jumping all over the place, but it seemed like my progesterone just didn't kick in very well this time. My temp jumped after ovulation and just sort of slowly declined. I'm trying to be patient and wait for the TCM stuff to kick in - this is only my 2nd month on it and they say to wait at least 3 months to evaluate how it's working. I think I'm going to do one more month au naturale and then do another IUI. Still undecided if I'll do the meds or stick with the herbs. Meds are actually cheaper because they are mostly covered by my health plan.

User Image

10 years ago

We waited almost 3 days before the sample. And i am on facebook (Christel Bethea Coleman) .Greg doesn't want to throw in the towel yet.

Congratulations to Anastasia!!!

User Image

10 years ago

Been checking out the idea of donor sperm. I have not even brought up the topic to Greg yet. How does that process work? Do you have to go through the fertility doctor for this? I figured Mel might have some info

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo