Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

821 - 830 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Stillfuntrying: if tamoxifen is similar to clomid then it should work with or without a trigger. I started clomid without a trigger and then we added it in after I had 3 unsuccessful rounds.

Hoping: your sperm factory comment made me laugh lol! You should def be able to tell alot when you see a bunch in the microscope and I'm sure you could look up pictures online of what messed up sperm look like. ie: two tails. And the microscope is set up to get a sperm count but you'd have to figure that out it sounded a little tricky to me lol

AFM: got my fertility days on my ovacue this morning, of course they start over the weekend! I knew I should've had him do the Friday shipping! Now I have to hope he can do Monday shipping because it says my most fertile day will be Tuesday. Look like I'm only doing 1 Insem if any but ill take it! Lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Thats great you are sorting your cycles out mel, Dont place too much in pre O temps cause they dont mean much, its the post O temps that are exciting for me! 5 more days til i go away!!!! the only crappy thing is we arnt getting a plane to pick us up anymore because Kens chopper needs a service and no one else can take it so we will fly over in it (3hrs) on friday, do you know how cramped i am going to be for 3 hrs haha you see how small thoses choppers are, its just 2 seats and a tiny bit of storage under them so it looks like i will be carrying alot on my lap YAY, but then Ken has to fly home by himself on Monday to bring the chopper back to the other pilot (she has a 6 month old girl thats why she cant get the service done herself) Then Ken is supose to fly back to cairns in the MAIL plane... ha i wonder if it will even show up!! I orderd some of the 10mIU tests that i had the first time i got preg and the same as the one i got my last line on for my CP, i hate these 20mIU ones they show nothing, i would at least like to know if i am having a CP so i know that i have made the sperm meet the egg again!! No AF yet, i had cramps yesterday like she was here i even slept in a pad but no show this AM, i am sure she is comming, temp is the same as yesterday

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

stillfuntryin: Wow I could never fly in a chopper let alone for 3 hours lol! I would go insane! plus I'm terrified of heights and small spaces haha! Have a safe trip! Hoping AF doesnt show and that the tests give you a VERY BFP!!!

AFM: Well never heard from my BIL I know I'm jumping to conclusions but not sure if hes going to make this happen for us. DH and I have agreed that it might be best to start looking for a known donor closer to home. when he called tonight I told him to see if he could find one by monday lol! ;) Well I hope I hope I hope I have a chance this month!!! DH tries for a firefighter position in Montana in June so that gives me the next 4 months to get preggo otherwise I'll have to put it all on hold until we know if he gets the job or not, which could be a six month process. I want him to get it but I'm not trying to deliver no babies while moving out of state lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Well Mel i give you an A+ for persistance!!! I take my hat off to you girl! it must be hard!
I bd'd yesterday morn to bring the witch on cause i heard it helps and low and behold 1 hr later she showed, so i started my Tamoxifen today!! when DH saw me take it he thourght i went over his decesion to not go to clinic, and i explained i am doing it without monitoring, so he freaked haha... men, i tried to explain that its the same as Clomid and people do it all the time but when i started waffling on about fertility stuff he just turns off! So he is ok with it now but we will see where it takes us!!, 4 more days!! i really cant wait...can you tell LOL.
I hope all you girls are good!!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Ok girls....kinda gross question. To any of you that use softcups, is it normal for there to be a lot of liquid in it the next morning when I took it out? I assume it was a mixture of mucous,semen and preseed (I only used 2 cc) and I didn't find any sperm in it [9hr after BD with 3 day no BD to build up]
On a brighter note, finally got +OPK today ! Lots of EWCM for 4 days but no temp shift yet...And I leave for 10 days in Europe on wednesday.....yay!

User Image

11 years ago

Hoping!! I wouldnt worry about not finding any after that long, im am sure that they only live for like 5hrs max inside the uterus and they need to get up into the cervix to live, so i think you are fine!! The good thing is, is that you have sen swimmers so even if you have to do IUI you qill still be able to conceive!! Thats so cool we are both going away at the same time!!! i hopw you really have fun and get a BFP suprise while you are over there! I can just imagine it now!! You are there with your BFP and dying to tell us cause you cant tell anyone else and going crazy trying to get online to show us your BIG FAT POSITIVE!!!!! I will try to keep online as much as i can!! I really hate not seeing my BBT chart and now i am on these meds i want to really watch it close so i dont miss it!!!
As you guys know this is a pretty big place and my lawn is about 4 acers ( thats just inside the fence) and now its rainy season its turned into about 25 acers, so mowing is annoying, i have had a plan of stuff i will do all week before we go! Clean the staff kitchen and our house and poison the weeds (i wait till om on this side of my cycle to do anything with chemicals) spray the flys off my horses, Mow my massive lawn which was todays job and now itjust started pouring like really pouring where the water is running off the ground!! So looks like i am stuck inside and my lawn will turn into a jungle HAHAHA
Pretty bad cramping for this AF, dont know whats up with that!! At least its not super heavy!!

11 years ago

I will try my best to keep up online. I'm sure I can get on somewhere. I am with you, stillfun....Not keeping up with my BBT where I can see it will drive me crazy. And I put my OPK on my profile.....yes, I am proud of it (I never got a + last month) now just for temp increase tomorrow to confirm O

User Image

11 years ago

Hoping: I bought softcups but never tried them after I heard how messy they can get lol! I agree with stillfuntrying though that you shouldn't worry about anything being in there after that long a period. Have a good time on your trip I'm SO jealous!!!!!

Stillfuntrying: that's so funny. My dh would've been the same way at first. They don't release how much research and asking around we do before we decide to take these meds and see different doctors and such. Lol! Sorry about AF but hoping that these meds help!

AFM: looks like I won't be joining this cycle. BIL called and said he couldnt ship it until wed and so it wouldn't even be here until Thursday and everything is pointing to ovulation tomorrow. I wish I had someone close by that I could use ugh! I'm so bummed well this gives me three weeks to find someone closer to home. That's what dh wants so he better make it happen or plan on paying for donor sperm next cycle I'm so tired of months passing and not having even a chance of being preggo. :(.

11 years ago

Gosh Mel, I can imagine how disappointing that was! Will keep all my fx that you get BFP soon so you can stop stressing so much....sorry

Well, no temp shift yet for me. OPK still blazing + tho...and I don't know what's up with the flat temps so far this cycle?? Wierd

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2f4f1d

User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin, have a great holiday! Sounds like you are going to be busy until you leave too. I would love to take a 3 hr helicopter trip over the Australian bush country! I've only been in a helicopter in the mountains and it was really hard on my ears with the pressure - we had to fly up really high and I must have had a cold.

Hoping, 10 days in Europe!! Perfect timing for you to get your BFP! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well!

Mel, I'm so sorry that it didn't work out with your BIL this cycle. I hope you can find someone local so that you're in for the next cycle.

Nothing much new for me...I'm trying to not think so much about ttc. Last cycle really threw me off and I'm feeling pretty tired of it all. I want to move on with the IUI. Hubby is still on the fence about it, but I'm hoping he'll agree once we get in to the clinic for an appointment...if I can get him to go in with me.

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo