Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

371 - 380 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Hey ladies!

I havent been able to get on the internet for 2 days!!! Seems like forever..lol

Stillfun..hope u are feeling well today :) I was wondering about northerndream :( i hope she is ok

Mel..Sorry to hear of ur BFN..When is AF due...ur not out till then..maybe not enough hormone yet?! Im praying u still get ur BFP!! I hate to think this was ur last chance :(

Missed yall the last 2 days..

User Image

11 years ago

Ajzisman: well based on my average luteal phase AF should be her tomorrow. According to fertility friend I could start my period anytime between yesterday and middle of next week it says not to even test for another 4 days lol! It's all out of wack. I will test again in the morning if AF doesn't show up beforehand. My Dh is so funny. He was the one so ready to move to adoption then yesterday when I wanted to talk about the next step and adoption he says babies come from vaginas babe not adoption. So now I think he wants to keep going this route for a bit. He's so all over the place. I guess I am too. He wants to wait until after the holidays to figure it out but I'm really trying to convince him this next cycle will be a good one and then I'll take nov and dec off if I must. I'll keep you girls posted. Glad your back ajzisman we missed you!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Mel...I had to laugh out loud when I read "babies come from vaginas babe" so funny..Well u hv plenty of time this cycle to get ur BFP still..I know when u get one neg it makes u feel like its all over...Im still cheering for ya

AFM..forgot to say ovulation is in full effect over here...for some reason im jus like eh oh well..its terrible but i cnt see anything happening till i see the doctor..question..dnt u switch sides each mth when ovulating?? pain in the right side again..

User Image

11 years ago

Ajzisman: I read that for the most part you will ovulate back and forth from ovary to ovary but that occasionally you will ovulate on the same side.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Hi everyone...thanks for your thoughts. I'm back, but not really thinking much about ttc and have been a bit of an emotional wreck to say the least. Anyhow, I think I O sometime early next week so we'll give it a go this cycle. Last one was a bust as we were both grieving too much to BD. I think I feel so sad and depressed that I don't really have much hope that I will conceive, but anyhoo...

I did have to come back on here though to see how stillfuntryin is doing and I'm so glad to see that it's all going so well!

Mel, so sorry about your BFN. I hate testing as well for the very same reason. I get the first BFN and get so frustrated and feel like I'm out right away. I also try to fight the temptation to test to avoid this but sometimes i just can't manage to hold out. It's such a roller coaster, especially for you with the expense that comes with the donor sperm. Hang in there - a BFP is still possible! Any movement on going ahead with your BIL?

Ajz, hope you managed to get some BDing in to catch the egg regardless! Remind me, what you waiting for an appt for - an HSG?

User Image

11 years ago

Northernbabydream: I'm so happy you stopped by. I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. I hope that things become easier for you both soon. My Dh wants to take some time for us to consider all options I feel like we have been continuously doing that throughout the process but he has it set that we need to come up with a plan and stick to it whether that be moving forward with me and possibly IVF or switching to adoption. I think the BIL is out though it is just too big a chunk of money and it might not work, nether of us want to risk it. But Dh is saying that if we choose to move forward with adoption it could be about a year before we are actually able to move forward do to having to pay off some bills and save. I just don't think I can handle a whole year of sitting around waiting I know if we keep spending money on fertility treatments and then it doesn't work ill wish I had waited that year but otherwise this route seems like it might be faster. It's just so frustrating. Kind of wish we would've just moved forward with adoption from the beginning and not spent so much money on treatments. By now I'd probably have a LO in my arms.

11 years ago

Mel - it must be so frustrating sometimes, i really do feel for you! Im sure that you will find your path on this hazy road! whatever it may be.

Northenbabydream- Im glad your back in the game and that your checking on me LOL all good so far!

Aj - i felt like that sometimes too but couldnt resist letting an O go by without giving it a go, have you booked your HSG yet?

AFM - 6 days till i go for my first ultra sound, im ssoooo nervous especially cause my symptoms died down this week, my nipples are getting darker and im still being a moody bitch boobs are bigger but dont hurt anymore and nipples dont hurt either very much you sorta have to poke them to feel it LOL i know im reading into it heaps but i still cant help but worry, my belly gets so bloated through the day it looks like a real bump but in the morning its back to a ity bity bump that only DH and I can see but its hard not to get all mushy over it, i am craving salty stuff i ate popcorn and salted peanuts for lunch (so healthy i know) i eat a good breaky and dinner so i can cheat at lunch i think.... anyway back to growing some fingers and toes i spose i hope JNR is still ok

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Mel...Mornin! I feel like the same thing will happen to me..spend a bunch of money and still nuthin..Dnt think we could ever save enough for adoption and plus its really not even an option..my hubby made a bad choice back in '07..drove drunk on his motorcycle w his friend..(must hv looked so stupid..2 dudes on a bike..really?!?) ended up wrecking and he nearly killed himself and hurt his friend..so he got a felony intoxicated assault charge..so Im thinkin no one would ever pick us to have their baby..lol..I hv always hoped to somehow come across a friend of a friend maybe that wanted to give their baby up..I would def adpot if we ever had the chance..so anyway hope u hv a good day!

Northernbabydream...Good to hear from you I actually did get a BD in last night..jus cant ignore that ovulation pain..lol..told my hubby.."ok got a pos test..get ready!" although i did post my test and got some neg votes..Maybe i dnt know what a pos test looks like..lol..oh well..I know theres always a chance but I hate geting my hopes up every mth..ugh!! Hope to hear fm u more often..Take care!!

Stillfun...Oh my! Only 6 days left!! Seems like u been waiting forever for this appt! lol Still havent made any appt what the hell is wrong w me? I dunno why I stall..def not getting any younger..enjoy ur salty stuff..lol..my BFF has been eating a lg McDonalds fry for lunch..She is like 20 wks along..so dnt feel bad..have a good one!!

AFM...So ladies I have always been told dnt BD everyday when ur hubby has poor sperm..Im bout to say screw that n do it twice a day..lol..Whatcha think??

User Image

11 years ago

Get in while you can i say AJ!

Anyway silly ol me did a hpt this morn and it was lighter than the one i did last week, now i am sssooooo worried that there is somthing wrong i cant stop thinking about it, especially because my symptoms died off this week, argh this next appt seems forever away! im sure i will be fine i havent had any pains or spotting but i still cant help but worry!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

ok ok, i did a little research and found that when your levels get high the tests have a little freak out and give you lighter lines (it pretty common) so what i did id peed in a cup did a test then put a little tap water in the cup to dilute it and did another test and BAM test is darker, its still not as dark as the control but nearly and its darker than the other test, who would have thourght, it's IC's that a responsable for most of this aswell, FRERs just drown out the control line but IC's allways have a dark control, anyway i feel much better after the tap water test, im completely out of IC's now so that might be a good thing!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo