Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1481 - 1490 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

What!? IVF? I can't see how the costs of IUI compare to IVF. Maybe if you were to compare having to do more than 4-6 IUI with getting pregnant on your first try with IVF. And it depends on whether or not you use meds when doing IUI - if you don't, then IUI is WAAAAAY cheaper. IVF isn't an option for us - I'm just not comfortable intervening that much...if it's not meant to be, then it's not meant to be. But that's just for me. I told my doctor that right away and he seemed fine with it. Actually, he suggested meds first, then meds and IUI later if meds alone didn't work. I didn't want to bother with that because with hubby's sucky sperm, I think we need to do more than to release more eggs.

What did the doctor say about Ken's sex drive? Nothing at all? I thought they were going to give you some supplements or something for it? Or testosterone? Sorry your appointment didn't go as planned! What are you going to do?

AFM, 12 DPO today. No spotting yet, which is starting to make me wonder. And my temps have been really high, but they were a few days last cycle too. I tested yesterday and it was a stark BFN as expected. Hate these last few days of the tww!

User Image

10 years ago

double post...

User Image

10 years ago

In Australia we have a thing called medicare it helps with prescription medicines and stuff like that but it also helps with ivf and other reproductive services so you have to pay upfront then get a rebate later on and obviously they give you a high rebate for ivf, I was still going to the clinic today to pick up the costing sheet so I know where are and what to expect. my doctor is going away for 2 months so I won't be able to start until next year anyway.
Got a peak reading on my monitor yesterday but I ovulated the day before my OvaQue gave me a v rise in my bbt also spiked so I must have surged later in the day they ask you to use fmu, so I'm 2dpo with everything lining up nearly the same as what it was last year when I got pregnant I'm 2 days out even my timing is exactly the same I hope that it's the same for a reason, I also o'd the day that Diva died so hopefully she's got something to do with it in a weird sort of the way lol.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Still fun: some doctors are all about money of you can set up a consultation with another doctor and get a second opinion that might be best. I know I've easily spent enough to where I wish I had start with IVF but we are having to pay for sperm so that's where a lot of our money has gone. The rebate for meds sounds great! I know some in the US can apply for discounted meds based on income but not sure I'd qualify. I hope you get your bfp and don't have to think about any of it. I def. believe that with death comes life and maybe Divas passing was for a reason. Good luck still fun I hope your feeling better!

Northern: don't give up hope yet. If your temps are still high then your still in the game. Many people get bfns on day 12 and go on to get bfps :)

Afm: I'm trying so hard not to over analyze this cycle. Last night I wanted to check my cervix and I had a TON of thick white cm. I knew I had more lately as TMI but its been all over my underwear. But what I had last night was a crazy lot I actually thought maybe I had a yeast infection but I don't have any pain with it. Hopefully it's a good sign.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Stillfun, I guess that makes more sense, if it's going to be covered by rebate. I still don't think it'd be something I'd want to do without trying IUI first. Maybe it's silly, but I just feel it's so much more invasive and "unnatural"...not like IUI is totally natural but you know what I mean... I do hope though that you don't have to worry about any of it. Mel's right - there's always life associated with death - and maybe some of Diva's spirit will find its way back to you...

Mel, that sounds good!!! I so hope that when I'm back from sailing, I get to read about your BFP!!!

AFM, I really do think I'm out. I tested again today - 13 DPO and BFN. Also started spotting today, and I've had no CM at all, so yeah, I'm positive I'm out. That's ok, we didn't get many BDs in, so kinda expecting it. Not sure if we will this cycle either, stuck on the boat with another person. Anyhoo, I gotta get going- we leave Sunday and I have a million things to do - like pick and preserve all our plums! I'm back Oct 2nd, and am fully expecting to see at least one of you with a BFP when I'm back! xo

User Image

10 years ago

Thanks northern, iui is nearly $3000!
Have fun on your trip, I'm 4 dpo

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Northern: Sorry about the BFN. Have a fun trip. be prepared we've had real warm weather lately lol! Your only going to be about an hour and a half from me when you reach San Diego. :) I've always wanted to go to San Francisco can't wait to hear all about it.

stillfun: $3000 for IUI? OMG! and I was freaking out about $1200 that would be a tough decision then. How much are you figuring it will be for IVF?

AFM: 10DPO today and this morning I had a BFN. tonight we were supposed to go out with friends but just the hubby went since I am trying to avoid alcohol right now and I really am not feeling to great. My head is killing me. Anyways the cm is all gone and I really don't have any symptoms so it has me thinking I'm probably not but trying to stay hopeful. I will probably test again in the morning. 11dpo was when I got my one and only BFP so hopefully it will bring me luck. :)

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Good luck Mel, I will be waiting... I didn't get my first until 11dpo.
I've will work out around the same, I will contact the clinic for my exact out of pocket, if its only a couple of hundred difference I might aswell go with ivy to get better results. It won't be for a bit anyway, at least two cycles away

10 years ago

Still fun: I agree IVF is better if the price ends up about the same as IUI. Here it's a HUGE difference like $9000 difference lol!

Fan: negative again today. :( I know we timed it perfect. My ovary has been a little sore I'm wondering if the clomid turned my follicle into a cyst. :( I think I need to consider going back to a doctor and being monitored or at least see if I can get a trigger shot each month but not sure I just get that.

10 years ago

Hi girls. So as of this morning I really thought I was out but this evening I'm feeling positive again. It was pretty funny today my hubby and I were BDing and he all the sudden said he thought my "lube maker was broken because I was leaking ALOT" lol! So today I had a TON of cm again. Which is weird being so close to AF. I got my replacement ovacue on Friday and my v readings have been great since I got it. I heard you should get a dip right before AF shows or it will stay up if your pregnant. So fingers crossed it stays up.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo