Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

521 - 530 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Natalie - congratulations on your engagement, and good luck on your donor journey!

User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: I guess it could be breakthrough bleeding but it was really light brown as it sounded as though breakthrough bleeding happens more with those on BCP it did mention annovulatory cycles as well maybe that what I had this month. If so AF won't be here for a while it seems. I hope not as I'm ready to start again lol! Sounds like everything is going good! I'm jealous I want a cow lol! Fingers crossed for a nice strong O this cycle!

Supersue: my cycles are pretty regular they give or take a week usually but that I know if I've always ovulated . Never had a problem with opks. But I am thinking I might have had an annovulatory cycle this month I don't know if there's any way to know for sure but from what I read if I did it would explain the possible breakthrough bleeding, the messed up ovacue and it will make this cycle much longer! Ugh! So sorry about your bfn! Omg! Dhs really know how to tug at our hearts when it comes to ttc. It's great that your dh wants this so badly though. Maybe you will get a late bfp!! :) fingers crossed!

Nats: hi! Hope you don't mind all of us continued on the board without you for a bit! Lol! Congrats on your engagement that is so exciting!! So happy to hear that you are ready to start up again! I'm sure you will find the perfect donor!! Keep us posted!!! I

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Nutty1- I allways flip back through pages on this site and i look at your post and i wonderd what happened to you... I am glad that you and your DF have looked into to other forms of conceiving and i hope it happens quickly for you!!!

Supersue- aawww thats so sad... Sometimes we forget about our partners and how they feel about a baby, Have you looked into getting a SA, i am sorry if you have already answerd this question but it would maybe shed a little light on what you guys are going through and you will be able to maybe take a diffent course IUI maybe if he has a low count, there is so much you can do before IVF so maybe if you both want it so bad you should start talking about your options and what the next step to acheiving your dream is!

Mel- It sounds like this Ovacue had really made thing hard, Did you know you can have a LH surge and not O, When i had my Annovulatory cycle i still got positive OPK's, When they do IUI they check on and ultrasound to be sure of Oing dont they??? or do they just make you come in when you get A pos OPK? I could see why you may have had failed attempts if they only go off OPK's

AFM- Not much is going on on the cycle front, Im on CD11 and still nothing has changed with BBT or OPK's i might O late this month or not at all, i have started the Robitussen for my CM, it help so much last time i actually got real EWCM which i have never goten before, Still no rain here, there are big storms linning the coast but they arnt comming in which is bad news for us, uor neihbours got 20mm last night but they are 180km away LOL Saw some wild dogs this morning hunting our baby calves but had no gun (only took it out yesterday because DH went to town) I hate wild dogs so much, you should see what they do to the poor litle calves, I dont mind talking about other things other than babys on this site, its just good to jump on and see what everyone is doing, Supersue if you would like to see a little of what i do you can be my friend on FB my name is Liz Hutchins Ken Cameron.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Hi everyone! Back home now and read through the last couple pages to catch up with everyone.

Nutty - like stillfuntryin, I always wondered what happened to you! Glad to hear from you but sorry that you have had such a hard time...I think we can all relate to some degree. I hope you stick around - since you were the one that started this great thread! And congratulations on your engagement!

Mel, I wish I had some advice for you about the monitor but I haven't tried one. Hopefully next cycle will work out better. Great to hear that your moving ahead again with the donors!

Stillfuntryin, I'm glad that you are doing well and your hubby's vitamins have, um, "perked" him up! You are totally right that your miscarriage is a great indicator that you can and will get preggers. I hope that I had a chemical and I feel the same way too - if I can get a chemical then there's some hope that we'll actually get there eventually. My hubby is getting really down about "not being able to give me what I want so badly". I normally try not to make a big deal out of ttc with him, but it was hard to hide with being together 24/7 on holidays.

We had our Christmas celebrations already with my hubby's family in Mexico and now we're back up here on our own. It doesn't really feel like Christmas - I need to get myself into the holiday spirit! We aren't really buying any gifts this year and may not even put up a tree. I am looking forward to having hubby off work though and us having a low-stress holiday to ourselves.

I should be ovulating on Friday or Sat, so the BDing is on!

User Image

11 years ago

Was just going back through the thread - Northern - did you end up getting the Instead Cups? I debated doing that myself, as our self diagnosis leaves my DF's sperm being the culprit of our bad TTC luck.

Stillfun - we have talked about an SA, we are going to wait and see if we have any luck on our own, until April. That is DF's next physical date, and he will approach his doc about it then. We thought about doing one of those home test, but I'm skeptical, just because I don't want it to be glaringly negative, and not have any additional info - like motility, etc. I think you did the home test, didn't you? Would you recommend it?

Also I have a question about your Robitussin use - when do you take it? A few hours before you BD? Does it make you sleepy? Lol, I HATE any liquid medicine, so that's why I don't know. I would never use it if I was sick, but for TTC, anything goes I guess. Haha.

Today is the big day - AF was supposed to show. She didn't. Neither did a second line on my test, so I'm out I'm sure. Just waiting for her, I'm sure she'll be there to greet me in the morning.

User Image

11 years ago

Oh, and can I just say.....

I ran out of Wondfo tests (more coming next week), so I've been stuck buying others.... Answer and I still had a blue dye lying around.... blue dye suck, of course - but I was shocked at the Answer. I could see a line before I even peed on it! It disappeared after my urine had moved through the window, but I bet those suckers have a lot of false pos'!

User Image

11 years ago

Hey Supersue - I did try the Instead cups. I wasn't all that impressed with them though. This is TMI - but it seemed really hard to capture all the swimmers/semen in the cup. It seemed to spill out while I was putting the cup in and made me wonder if it was helping or if I was better off just sticking my butt up in the air, lol.

I'm thinking of trying the Robitussin too but have no idea about taking it either as I don't tend to get colds. I think its active ingredient is just something that makes your mucus thinner, which is why it's suspected to help with ttc - it could make thick or "hostile" CM easier for the sperm to move in.

I've also heard that taking low dose aspirin and/or pineapple core can help with implantation. I've tried regular aspirin and the pineapple core but haven't bought any low dose aspirin yet. I'm willing to try anything at this point though!

User Image

11 years ago

Well girls i have read that you should do Robitussen 5 days twice a day before you ovulate.... I know gross hey LOL but it did work the last time i had EWCM for the very first time EVER, Northernbabydream is right in that it not only thins chesty cold mucus it thins cervical mucus too so its better for the little swimmers!

I am also i little un-christmas like, its only Ken and I so its a little low profile but im sure we will do somthing nice on the day, no tree or anything.....

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Supersue: sorry about the bfn! That sucks! The softcups can be pretty gross and hard to put in but I've seen many people online that have has success with them. It's def worth a try but I'd try putting one in without the swimmers first lol!

Stillfuntryin: I'm not feeling very Christmassy this year either. I actually wouldn't mind skipping it and moving to the new year lol! I'm so done with 2012! When I go in for my IUIs they usually check if I am close to ovulation or already ovulated with b/w but since we took a break this month there's no way to really know.

AFM: I don't know what's going on with my dh but the last two days he's been telling me he wants to go see a marriage counselor. Today he said he hasn't been happy the last two years. This isn't the first time he's been like this but I think he's more serious this time around. He said if things don't change we will end up divorced. Nothing he said seemed like it was big enough to throw the D word in with but right now he feels like it is and I just don't know what to think right now. I know he will pull himself out of it but it doesn't make it any easier and how can I move forward next month with him talking possible divorce this month. I'm not stupid I know a baby doesn't fix anything if anything it will complicate things further. One if his main complaints is not enough attention (trust me this is a joke.. Must be) but when we have a baby he will def get less of it. I might have to leave the board for a bit. My life is in shambles at the moment and I don't want to keep going on whining to all of you. Ugh! I just want to be a stay at home mom with a loving husband and our 3.5 furbabies. Is that too much to ask!!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

OOHHH Mel That is terrible, Do what ever you feel is right for you and your hubby, you dont think it is maybe a way to get your attention, if he has done it before and obviously got your attention he maybe might think doing it again will work, I hope you work it all out and things go back to normal, i couldnt imagine how you feel, I wish i lived around you so i could come and comfort you If you need anyone to vent to i dont mind carrying a little extra weight for a while trow some of your load off onto me!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo