Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1691 - 1700 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

He is already complaining about the fertilaid and countboost.( they are too big, make me nauseaus, blah blah blah :) ) I also give him an extra zinc right now too. I just take a prenatal vitamin and baby aspirin .

User Image

10 years ago

LOL, hoping, yeah, it seems really hard to get men to take vitamins! Probably best not to push it and try to give him more. At one point, my DH refused to take any for a while. Trying to get him to stop drinking has been a whole other battle.

User Image

10 years ago

Now i do not have that issue....dh doesn't drink and he stopped smoking 3 years ago. i don't do either

User Image

10 years ago

Hey ladies!!
Hoping: that's a great sign that it's helping boost his sex drive and hopefully his count will go up too!!

Northern: it's great that your dh is willing to take all those vitamins. There's no way Id be able to get my dh to take those.

Afm: the Saline ultrasound was a piece of cake!! I had a little cramping when they inserted the balloon which was to be expected. The doctors there were really nice and made me feel so much better when they were going over it all. Afterwards I treated myself to a nice breakfast and a place walking distance to where I was and now I'm back at the hotel waiting on a cab to go back to the airport. :)

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Mel, I'm so glad it went well and you were able to treat yourself out too! Have a good trip home!

User Image

10 years ago

Looks like I can't have babies but my horse can!! I suspected she was in foal awhile back but thought it also could have been a old horse grass belly, I checked her yesterday and she is starting to get milk so she is only a few weeks off! She will prob have it while I'm away, oh and the puppy I'm getting isthe one in the video on my fb home page!!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Cool! baby horses are so cute!
AFM, I started spotting with real blood last night and this morning.....nothing. I don't like this spotting crap. I never used to do that. This is new these past 3 months. I and looking for AF so I can take the FSH test. They are talking about sending DH back to Germany for a week....I hope its not my fertile week!
I have been researching ivf and mini-ivf this weekend. The places that offer refunds if you don't have a live birth cost like $20,000. The mini-ivf sounded promising but seems like the number of embryos are too small for the price. So I guess either we have one au natural or we go without one of our own...

User Image

10 years ago

Hoping, I'm sure you have thought of it but what about egg donation? I know Mel looked into it, it could be an option.
I'm so excited about the new foal, I hope she has it before we go away!! I spoke to dh this morn about planning our trip around my transfer and he seems cool with it, I also read him my journal entry yesterday. Check it out... He now see's I'm not living in a baby wonderland where everything is perfect

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Well, AF started today. So back to square 1 again. I truly don't think the infertility is due me. I'm pretty sure its DH. I just think his sperm count is super low. If I look into the microscope, I am supposed to see hundreds of sperm in the viewing field swimming around. I see anywhere from 5-20. All diagnosis and treatments will have to come out of pocket for us. He and I haven't really discussed taking a home equity loan or anything for fertility issues. I can't see dishing thousands upon thousands of dollars on fertility treatments. I am fixing to make my annual gyn apt and I am going to ask if he thinks that is the problem. So, I am hoping the fertilaid works. If not, then we will just raise my teenagers and love on my nephews if that's all we have. Maybe I will get another kitty :). I know realistically that our chances are not great (few sperm and my age), but its hard to kick that teeny, tiny spark of hope every month.

User Image

10 years ago

hi I was wondering if I could join u ladies? we have been ttc baby 3 for two years actively 3 years ntnp we had our first 2 boys at the drop of a hat, never in a million years expected to be in this position :( we were referred to assisted fertility when we hit the 2 year mark, went through ct scans, lap and dye, transvaginal, scans, cycle day blood tests, eventually we got round to dh SA, to which the results were dire. 360, 000 present sperm , with a motility of under 5% the fertility doctor was very unsympathetic, didn't even look up from the phone he was texting us on while he casually said we weren't going to get pregnant two years ago my husband had urgent gastric bypass surgery (which saved his life) and they think now his nutrient absorbtion is poor following the surgery combined with the massive weight loss (about 15 stones)
his sperm left us with a under 5% chance of conception, which we were still excited about, until the results of my transvaginal scan revealed I have only one ovary which is polycystic. so we have now odds of about 2% so we have been incredibly lucky with our two boys, but that doesn't stop that maternal yearning that I just cant shut off. im not ready to toss in the towel with this, im just tired of having cycle buddies that don't have a clue what it feels like every month. that awful kick in the guts bfn every single month. thanks for reading xxx

and to us all !!!xxx

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo