Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1411 - 1420 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

The HCG aren't trigger they are a low dose HCG I think a normal trigger is 10,000mIU but im only doing 750mIU, it is just a LP support its just to help with Imp and for people with short LP's, mine are 12days, im pretty sure its not short but I think that's just what they do, I did my last shot lastnight thank god!! They burn sssoooo much. Cervix felt a little open yesterday but def closed today, its probably the Pregnyl making it do that. I really thought AF was going to come yesterday, I get a sort of burning cramp and that's always been AF for me but it hadn't shown by 8pm so I did my last booster. 14dpo today, longest cycle ever, its been really stressful this cycle, I cant wait to go back to normal! I def understand Northern LOL I only touched lightly on it the other day and he seemed ok with it but im sure its going to be a big deal if he has to do it!
Mel Did you test??????

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Northern: acupuncture is a great idea! I keep thinking about going myself but I'm a weenie lol! I heard its not bad at all though and very relaxing and of course awesome for fertility! I hope you don't have to wait all the way until dec. I guess this is where I'm lucky since I don't really need my dh for anything. Lol! Although he did do my Insen last month and I'm sure it was weird for him.

Liz: are the tests getting lighter or darker? It def has seemed very stressful but fingers crossed it was all worth it!!! Your chart looks awesome by the way!!!

Afm: I didn't end up testing this morning. Lol! I went to bed feeling crampy and just new the b**** would end up showing up as I POAS lol! But she didn't show up yet. But I don't know maybe ill test tomorrow I just hate to waste another test on a BFN and since I don't know if I truly Od when I was hoping I did there is a chance I'm earlier than I thought by a couple days. Next month thank goodness ill have my ovacue to tell me when it happened!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

it's hard to tell with the tests because I did my last shot last night, they are heaps darker than the day after my other shots if that makes sense, I will post a pic so you see what I mean, I'm not reading to much I to it I'm just taking notice

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Hey sorry its hard to see but you can really see the bottom 3 are nearly the same as the trigger HPTs.
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test164706

10 years ago

Wow that's a LOT of tests lol! I def see that the line is darker though! I hope it continues to darken!!!! :)

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Haha I know LOL that's how crazy this cycle is making me... And o have 100 of them so it doesn't really matter.
Hope your testing goes well Mel
Are you excited northern?

10 years ago

Well I did test but it was a BFN I'm thinking. I O'd like 4 days after my positive opk. I think in going to call my doctor and see about getting on clomid this cycle. As much as I hated the side effects and it didn't help with extra follies it did make timing a whole lot easier.

10 years ago

m not a fan of the side effects either and I have heard that Tamoxifen is better than clomid for that stuff so I would hate to be on it! Tamoxifen only works on ripening 1 egg aswell.
Had a little fright this morning while taking me temp, I woke up at about 3 in a pool of sweat! Like it was dripping off me, so I had to get up, I usuall take my temp at around 430am before I get up, so I was upset with myself for not taking it before I got out of bed, I went back to sleep and woke around every 15min worried i would miss taking my temp for some reason, I took it at about 3:45am and it was really low, like pre O low 36.44, I was pretty bummed because even if I do get up and go back to sleep for a bit my temp is still usually pretty high, so I went back to sleep all bummed out cause I thought AF was here, I took my temp again at 4:45 and it was 36.85! Pretty happy about that, im not sure if its still because of the pregnyl but at least im still in with a shot

10 years ago

Mel, you "think" it was negative? Could you see a faint line? Good idea to try a medicated cycle so you can get the timing right. I don't trust OPKs at all anymore.

Stillfun, weird temps! I'm so hoping this is IT for you!! You should know over the next few days right? When do you go in for a blood test? Thanks for explaining the pregnyl. That makes sense - so it's like taking progesterone when taken at low dose through your luteal phase. Pregnyl is a gonadotropin right? Those sound really expensive! The website for my clinic says they're between $500-$1500 per IUI cycle, where clomid is only $90. I'm wondering if I should start off with clomid for the first couple cycles and then switch to an injectable if that doesn't work.

I did my CD 3 bloodwork yesterday and scheduled hubby's SA drop off for Friday. We live about 33 minutes from the clinic and the sample has to get there within 30 minutes, and has to be there by 1:10 pm for courier pickup (nothing like pressure to help the performance). Last time was quite funny (in retrospect), as we rushed off to the clinic right after the deed with the goods and barely made it in time (they had to call the courier back in as he was leaving!). This time no bloods needed, so I'm thinking it will be quicker if I take it in myself. Wonder if I'd be let off for a speeding ticket if I showed them the sample? ;)

I'm starting to get a bit excited about my first IUI cycle and want to get myself in better shape, better diet etc. I'll be ok if the Oct cycle doesn't work too, since we're planning some big trips for late Oct and most of Nov and probably also late Dec - early Jan. I'd rather not be travelling too much during the first trimester, especially if sick.

User Image

10 years ago

Yeah this cycle cost me $1200, tests are still pretty dark, at the other days for 2 says after the shot have been pretty light, the only other thing that could be making them darker than the other times is a build up of the shot, fx its still dark tommorow! I get my bloods done onfriday I leave for town tommorow.
that would be so funny northern "uh sorry sir I have some urgent sperm"

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo