Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

261 - 270 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Northernbabydreams: they could extract sperm from BIL but it would only be enough for IVF and we refuse to go that route. That has been my stopping point from the get go unless it meant moving forward with my Dh. I'm sorry you don't feel like you have many symptoms but 6dpo is very early remember some people don't notice anything until aft their period is late. I think I started feeling symptoms at about 10dpo and it wasn't much I just had a little nausea here and there when eating and it would come and go so quickly I thought I was crazy lol! GL! I hope u really were experiencing some implantation bleeding that is a great sign.

Stillfuntryin: I don't know how you kept quiet. I'm such a big mouth I can't keep a secret to save my life. Everyone around us knows what we have been going through, it's def. bittersweet though as I like the support but sometimes I feel people don't understand how difficult it is for me sometimes as Im so open about it. I think they think the openness means it doesn't bother me. I had to listen to my sister n law the other day complain about her kids for 30min and the whole time I kept thinking at least you have them. Ugh! I really hope it's good news for you. Try and think happy thoughts. It could be something as simple as a lower than normal count and just mean IUIs which are really nothing. Could be some poor motility could be many things/ nothing at all. I know it's frustrating and it's hard not to assume the worst given all the time you've put into it but you will be a mommy I just know it!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Thanks for the kind words mel

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

8 DPO today and my temperature spiked to 36.9C, much higher than it has been during the luteal phase. Hoping, hoping that this is a third increase in temps from change in hormones that I've heard about some women getting! I can't help but get excited. I have a new batch of lots of HSG strips so I'm going to start testing on Monday.

However, my boobs are getting sore and hormones going a bit wacky (cried over a sappy fb post) and this is typical pre-AF stuff...

My SO and I talked a bit about doing IUI with his washed sperm when we get back home. He seems more open to it than I thought he'd be. Excited to have that option looking more possible next year.

Hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!

User Image

11 years ago

WOW thats high temp! hope its a start of a pattern and not a fever like i had last cycle i had some hugh temps but i got really sick....
Im still waiting on a pos OPK, my temp was pretty high this morn and going off my recent temps it drops then rises then does an O drop so i am guessing in 3 days i will O i sould be getting a pos OPK soon but they arnt really that dark, im not too worried but.
I really dont know how you havent tested yet Northerbabydream i would have for sure!
Hows the IVF going Jmcandrew? when is the nect retreival?

Everyone has been a little quite latley but that is a good thing sometimes no bad news!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Northernbabydream: yeah! I really hope this is it for you! Please keep us posted!

AFM: I ordered all my supplies for the ICI and AF should be here by next weekend. I can't wait! On a side note I met my bio father and that side of the family yesterday. It was crazy everyone was giving me hugs and kisses and telling me how much they missed me.my bio dad recognized me before my aunt even said anything he came up and gave me a big hug and apologized. Everything actually went way better then I could've imagined. Me and my Dh had already planned an escape if need be based on all the bad stories we had heard but it seems like 20 years can change people a lot and I was very happy. I found out I have a cousin and aunt who live up here by me and they already are planning the next meet up. I'm so happy! My Dh said he could tell a weight had been lifted off me and was so happy that everything worked out. Now I just have to hope that it doesn't hurt my dad (step fathers) feelings too much. But I HAd to do this and I'm so happy I did. Hope everyone is doing well.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Yay Mel im so happy that it went good, i hope you can move forward with things with your bio farther! Im sure that your step farther will understand its not that you want to replace him you just want to fill a gap!
Still waiting on a pos OPK my temp did the usuall pre O dip today so i was guessing i would get a pos OPK today but maybe tommorow it's not even that dark atm so im a little worried, got some def O pains on the right side so i guess that is my side this month, i might not be getting a LH lead up cause i have changed brands this brand might not be as sensitive.
On a good note i went out and put some supplements out for the cows this morn and did a little shootong with my dog, its been ages since i went for a hunt just me and the dog, i felt independent again and not like an old house made that i feel like now. Also had a BBQ down the beach on the weekend, the property we manage has 40km of beach frontage so that means nobody but us in on that beach, it pretty cool i just wish there wasnt so many crocs and then we could swim but there a hugh crocs along the beach and in the rivers so its a big NO NO... anyway we had a good fish and had some steak and bread it was really nice! Hope everyone had a great weekend im looking forward to your testing Northerbabydream!

11 years ago

OH and i forgot to add ladies its D day tommorow, my FS rings at 10am with Kens results, aahhh i nearlly forgot about it lucky i had it written down LOL looks like not thinking about it worked hey, im sssoooooo nervous about the results and im sure he is too! I will fill you in asap!

11 years ago

Hi Girls

Melc: So glad to hear it went well with your bio dad. I had this huge response written up, and I forgot to hit send. I'm glad I didn't b/c in the end, you listed to your heart and you got the results/closure-like response that you needed!

I'm also glad your doing ICI. Can I ask, how much it it for the reversal and IUI versus trying IVF with donor? keep in mind, they can use the same donor vial for multiple IVF attempts. I know you said, that IVF is your stoping point, but with the donor (that you already bought) you wouldn't have to pay more for BIL or DH procedure. and with IVF you know your egg quality and that its actually fertilizing.

Northernbaby: That is a big temp. I hope all that BDing did the trick!! I'm sorry to hear its been two years. My one year mark just hit, and it's killing me. I wish i would turn the clock back one year, back to when I was happy and no babies on the brain.

Stillfuntrying: I'm thinking of you today. I know you have your phone call with the doctor tomorrow, I'm really hopeing you will get good news. I'm also really sorry to hear about your childhood. You would think that after all of that, you would be grace with good luck now, its so shitty that it hasn't worked out yet. But only the strongest women are given these hardships. I have a lot of faith in you, and I wish you lot of luck tomorrow!!

AFM: sorry i've been so quiet. I'm just so scared. Our insurance ran out just after we ordered the injectables. Everything here on out is on us. I'm trying not to think of the financial pressure, but I know that THIS IS IT.

AF started on thursday, My RE put me on microdose lupon protocal - for poor responders and older women. They upped my meds, so i hope that is a good thing. Tomorrow I have a u/s and blood work, and i'm terrified i'll only see very few follicules. I've been in very poor spirits lately. I really need to pull myself out of this funk. I just don't want to get all excited, only to be let down again. Its looking like my egg retrieval will be next monday-ish.

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago

Mel, so glad the meeting went so well!

Jmcandrew, good luck with this next round. Keep us updated. I can only imagine how much stress you feel with the financial pressure added on. It sucks.

Stillfuntryin...I'm waiting to hear what you results are. Let us know!! Oh and that's great that you were able to get some free time doing fun stuff. It makes a world of difference to my mood when I get out like that.

AFM, I tested this am, on what I think is 10 DPO. Negative. Blah, but I wasn't surprised as I got the sore boobs, bloating and b*tchiness/mood swings yesterday. I'm pretty sure that AF is on her way - due on Fri.

User Image

11 years ago

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!
Well that went well.... Ken has a good count 27million with a good mortality his bloods are good the only thing they found way his testosterone was low 9.7 and the cut off is 11 or 12 i think, they want him to start taking vitamins, Doc thinks i am having trouble Oing so he is starting me on some drugs next cycle, i cant tell you how releived i am! but i dont think i am having trouble Oing i have BBT since the test i did that said i wasnt and it looks like i am so idk

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo