Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1621 - 1630 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Crazy how they grade embies stillfun, but I am so glad to hear that they are looking at the why of your chemicals, there must be some sort of explanation. Good luck with that. Have you looked into the link between flouride and fertility issues? I know I don't use toothpaste with flouride and I won't let Annika use it either. Just a thought....

Northern gross!! Your poor finger! Glad it was not broken, I imagine there isn't much they could do even if it was. Glad to hear your temp jumped too. So many sticky vibes your way.

Mel sounds like you are on your way, and I am sure your $ will work itself out so that you can go ahead as planned.

AFM: You know I am a planner for sure and you all saying that you could not wait to find out the sex, I just love the anticipation. It only would be nice to know for the sake of buying a couple outfits, I would think if we knew the sex though we could go overboard on stuff, really babies only need very little in the beginning; a few sleepers, diapers, wipes etc. I highly recommend when you get to that point of if you can find out the sex don't do it!!
Went to the pool yesterday with hubby and DD, it was great I rocked my bikini :)

Tomorrow is a day off, so heading out of town to pick up a few more small gifts for Christmas and glasses for DD. It will be her first pair and I am doing everything I can to get her excited and she is!

31 weeks tomorrow, holy shit. And 30 in 9 days wow, I have been with my DH for 15 years, over half my life now. Craziness. Off to bed and try and get some much needed rest. If I don't talk to you all before have a REALLY great Christmas with your loved ones. <3

User Image

10 years ago

I would just have to find out the gender Anastasia LOL my DH is set on having a boy so I would have to warm him up to a girl, at this stage I don't care what it is as long as its healthy! Holy cow your that far along already??!! Have a wonderful Christmas :)

Mel, im not sure if you are open to doing this but I have seen people on YouTube do it, they set up an account for people to donate to there IVF, you can set it up on FB im pretty sure! Its one way of raising funds but it would be hard having everyone know and wanting updates but you could also update about it on the page! Its an idea anyway, I hope it all works out :) I haven't even told my DH what our OOP is for the FET, im pretty sure its nearly $4000 but $2500 after medical benefits, he was having a heart attack about it costing $1500 so I will have to keep that one on the low wwoooopppsss....

Northern im sorry you busted your finger LOL, It def couldn't be imp, there is no way your embryo could be at that stage at day 3, look up embry stages day by day, most IVF site will have them, its no different, yours is just progressing in your uterus and not in a dish, they still move at the same rate, the earliest is day 5 for it to hatch out of its shell, then it still needs to implant before the progesterone starts really pumping! Goodluck but :) Im sort of glad I know nothings going on around Christmas :) Im not drinking alcohol ATM anyway but I might have a sneaky few for chrissy!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Wow, Anastasia, you and your hubby were high school sweethearts! Congrats! I wouldn't want to know the gender either. You have a wonderful Christmas, and birthday too! That's awesome that you were rockin the bikini!

Stillfun, thanks on the emby lesson! I didn't think it was possible, but now I know for sure. Unless it was a pre-trigger-shot egg? Not sure if that is possible either, but I had a lot of big follicles and then on the day I took the shot, I only had one super big one left. Either way, it doesn't matter, I'm just excited to see what happens. I haven't been able to sleep well at night now for almost a week. I wake up at 3 am, so my temps haven't been that great. Maybe I need to just start taking my temps then.

User Image

10 years ago

Stillfun: I did think about setting up some kind of help fund. I know my dh was very against putting everything out there at the very beginning when we started using donor sperm but know that we are using donor embies maybe he would be more open to the idea. I did tell my hubby today though that I don't want to tell people when our actual transfer date ends up happening. I'd like to just surprise them when it all works out. Your Dh sounds a lot like mine when it comes to money lol! Hopefully he handles it well when he finds out lol!

Anastasia: That awesome you were out there rockin your bikini I hope I look good with a pregnant belly and will be able o do the same. :) WOW that is a long time you and your hubby have been together! That is awesome!!

Northern: OUCH! I hope your finger is feeling much better! How are you feeling? what day are you going to test? I have def. learned that there is never a good time for a TWW but when you get that BFP then it will all work itself out. :)

AFM: I had my consultation on Friday and Dr. Lovely lived up to her name. She was very nice. She told me all my next steps and was surprised to see us going that route at our age and with my AMH being good but I told her we have placed to much money into uncertainty and I was done. lol! Anyways tomorrow I will be having another chat with the coordinator to work out the rest. really hoping AF shows up within the next week or so so that I can schedule my SSG while I'm off work. I told my DH about them only matching to race today I was scared he was going to want to back out but instead he made a joke about me giving birth to a baby of a different race and how priceless the look on the doctors face would be. lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

I'm glad your consult went well Mel!! I said to dh the other day " I hope one-day we have our own family to share Christmas with" and all he sais was " don't worry hun we will " I said that we should have had a 6 month old son this year and all we are left with is an ivf bill :( it really gets me down somedays.
When do you test northern???

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Merry Christmas to you girls! I hope all of us have a new present next year by this time!!!!

User Image

10 years ago

I got a ring! But then he went on to tell me that it wasn't what I thought it was and he would never marry me.... He also made me feel terrible about his presents, his dad is excactly the same!! We aren't even in the same room right now, I'm pretty upset he would say such hurtful things and think its fine and I'm just over reacting

10 years ago

That was a horrible thing to tell you! I would be soooooo pissed. Why bother to give you a ring then only to tell you he would never marry you....Poo on him and then take his shit back and buy yourself something pretty if he doesn't like it. My father in law is mean to his wife too. I would have smothered him in his sleep by now if I was her. If my DH ever gets that way, I might!

User Image

10 years ago

Stillfun: OMG!!! He had to have known when he bought that ring that that would be what you were thinking. What a horribly mean thing to do and say to someone your planning on being with forever and trying to have a child with. What is his issue with marriage? I'm so sorry! :( I know your kind of stuck I would've packed my shit and gone home to my mom and made him realize what he might lose. I told my Dh 3 years in that if he wasn't going to marry me then to stop wasting my time as someone else would if he wouldn't. Sometimes guys really need that push. Ugh I'm so pissed and feel terrible. I hope that he realizes what a wonderful woman he has at his side and that he understands that there are many men out there that would be very lucky to have you. Sending big hugs your way.

AFM: I talked with the coordinator yesterday and they sent me some more paperwork to fill out and I picked up my prescription for birth control and just need to wait for AF to show to call and schedule my Saline contrast ultrasound moving right along. ;) Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that all your wishes come true!!!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Stillfun, that's terrible! What was he thinking buying you a ring like that, if it isn't an engagement ring? Doesn't he have any clue? I'm sorry you had a sucky Christmas. He better make it up to you. And why would he make you feel bad about his presents? Sounds like he gets it from his dad. My DH has some bad habits of his dads too...still working on getting him to stop picking at me sometimes.

Mel, woot! That's great that you're moving along!

AFM, I'm just waiting, waiting... I'm not sure if I'm going to test or just wait for the blood test on Monday. Leaning toward waiting so I don't get disappointed by a potentially false negative if I test too early, that is, if I can hold out that long. No real symptoms at all. I'm taking a progesterone suppository and get a bit of headaches from that.

We had a low key Christmas morning and I'm heading to my mom's for a quick visit. Had all my family here for dinner and secret santa gifts last night...17 people! Gotta clean up and get ready for more visitors tomorrow!

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo