Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

641 - 650 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Hey girls so I gave in and tested this morning and it was a BFN I know it's early so I'm not giving up hope yet. Didnt get my positive until 12 dpo last time so I will test again Sunday.

Supersue: sorry to hear AF showed up!! Is it possible you were off on when you ovulated? I hope next cycle you get you bfp!!

Stillfuntrying: sorry AF is causing you pain this time around. She's just plain evil! Lol! Maybe you had a cyst?

Northernbabydream: sorry Af is causing you so much pain. Could def. be due to the chemical.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Northern - my luteal phase is actually the longest part of my cycle. My cycles are usually 25 days, last month it was 26, this month 23. I forgot about OPK's until CD9 this month, and the first one I took was positive. So I documented that I O'd on CD10. Today would be CD24 of that cycle (had I not started AF), so that would still be about a 14 day luteal phase. Mel - I could have actually O'd earlier than CD10, but I don't know, because I didn't take any OPK's til day 9! I feel like I need to start taking them as soon as I stop bleeding!

User Image

11 years ago

Mel - I think you're the only other person in this thread that's in the US... I just happened to stumble upon this. CVS has the Clearblue Fertility Monitor on sale (not sure if you have one or would even want one?), there's free shipping on $49 or more, and there's a coupon code for an additional 25% off your order. PGBEAUTY The person who posted it said that most of their TTC stuff is on sale, actually. Including FRER's it looks like. The monitor ends up coming to like $112 - not bad for originally being $199! I think I'd go this route if my cycles were less regular, at this point I can't justify it. But just as a heads up!

User Image

11 years ago

Supersue: thanks! I bought the ovacue a couple cycles back so I will be using that next month. The first month I had it I ended up with annovulatory cycle so it didnt work but hoping this time it will work no problem and give me my most fertile days in advanced enough time to have my BIL ship his goods! Lol! I might check out their FRERs and opks though since if this cycle doesn't work out I will need more of those!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

No problem!

I'm beginning to wonder if we should just be BD'ing from the time my AF ends until a couple of days after my pos OPK.... because what do they say, you're most fertile the 6 days before you O? If I'm O'ing on cd9-10, and my AF lasts until cd4..... then I really need to get on that BD'ing quickly. Lol.

Northern - we aren't sure what my fiance's actual sperm issue is yet... but, we're 99% sure it's him. What have you read about the timing? I did read that it's best to BD every OTHER day instead of every day, but not to go longer than that, because the fresher the sperm, the better... is that about the same as what you've read?

User Image

11 years ago

That's good supersue, that your luteal phase length is right on. I think you are right though in thinking about starting BDing and OPKs earlier. Maybe on CD day 7 or 8 so that you can watch the progression?

This is just anecdotal info from one person's experience but it made me wonder - I was reading a post yesterday somewhere (I think another random forum that I ran into from googling) from someone who was also dealing with make factor infertility. The cycle that she got pregnant was the cycle that they only had one carefully timed BD. She was saying that she'd really recommend trying not to BD too much - keep it 3 days apart. So I'm thinking it might be optimum, if you can predict which date you're likely to ovulate on, to try to BD 3 days before O, right at O and maybe once again the day after for good luck...or something like that. But yeah, all the advice I had read previously was to space it 2 days until O, then do 2 days back to back.

Mel, sorry you got a BFN, but like you say it's early still!

Anastasia, how are you doing?

User Image

11 years ago

UUGGHHH im so over this AF! I have to run to the loo when i get up because there is sssoooo much blood! Cramps have died down at least, Do you think its weird that i dont want to throw away my positive test from either pregnancy.. I still have the tests from my first one and Dh told me to get rid of my latest ones and stop dwelling on the past but i just dont want to! It my way of know that i did have a baby and its not all in my head! But everytime i look at them especially the latest ones it gets me down so maybe throwing them away and moving on isnt such a bad idea!
Mel what DPO are you? Dont forget most common Imp is 9dpo and you wont get a pos until at least 2 days after so just hold in there!!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

LOL, Stillfuntryin, you're totally not weird about keeping your test strips. I had thrown mine out but I fished it out of the wastebasket yesterday and have it labelled and in an envelope in my desk drawer now. I keep looking at it too. I think sometimes we need that reassurance that we can get preggers. I was starting to feel like it was absolutely impossible that i would ever see anything but one line and stark whiteness. If it's getting you down though, maybe put them away somewhere so it's not so easy to look at them? Hope your flow eases off soon!

I just did some more reading about timing and sperm issues on fertility friend. The advice there was that more frequent BDing is better for motility and morphology but that it's better to go longer between if the count is low. So, this advice would mean that the strategy I'd been taking these last 2 months is good for us - more BDing! Honestly though, it's hard to manage that with hubby's work. We need another holiday!

Stillfuntryin, you use fertility friend right? Did you buy the VIP access/features? I just signed up and have a free trial right now but I was wondering if it was worth it to pay the extra to get all the features, or just keep the basic membership. I'm going to enter in temps from some of my past cycles so I can look at the charts online and compare them.

User Image

11 years ago

It depends, i forget what the extra bonus's of VIP are, its only cheap so i just got it but use the free one and see if you are getting enough out of it! you can pay with PayPal so its easy and safe! Oh and thanks cause u signed up using my link i got 6 free days of VIP so thanks for that LOL If you enterin your months then overlap them and look at similaritys, mine are allways the same around O so i can usually predict my O before it happen with BBT and it has been so useful in dectecting early pregnancy, i know that everyone doesnt get Imp dips but it has been great seeing it twice now and both time resulting in a second line 2 days after!! Hope it happens again next time!!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Hi Northernbabydream, sorry I dropped of the face of the earth for a while. We went out of town for my DH sperm analysis and it came back great!!! I am positive that the natural supplements I got him to take helped boost everything. He now has a normal sperm count!!!!!! I am so glad it worked out because after some men are put on testosterone replacement it never comes back.
And......... the next day after we got the good news we also had some great news......... I got a BFP and am feeling super positive my little poppy seed will hang on and we will get to meet him/her in Septmember!!!!! I am 4 weeks along, we had a boxing day baby ;)

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo