Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1851 - 1860 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

hoping, sorry about AF. But good that you are moving forward with the HSG. My HSG wasn't that bad. I was really worried because of horror stories from others but I took some Advil and was fine. It pinched and hurt a bit but was over fast. I've had more pain from my other fertility treatments.

Stillfun, so glad you changed your appt so you can go in sooner. I have a feeling your # is going to be higher too. Seems strong!

Mel, great that your hubby is joining you now - transfer will be so soon!!!

AFM, things are going along nicely. I'm CD12 today and O pain is way less this time - just barely noticeable. And I'm getting eggwhite CM!!! TMI but I got a whole bunch yesterday - I felt so silly to be so excited about it and was dying to tell someone, lol. You girls are the only ones who'd understand! Really hoping that everything comes together and this is the month!

Had a good trip to see the boat but it wasn't quite what I was expecting/hoping. It's a good thing though b/c we're not exactly ready to buy right now so I feel better about waiting. Was fun to get away though for a little road trip - our foster doggie did pretty well too.

User Image

10 years ago

I love getting away and looking at stuff Northern! Ken and I were looking at houses yesterday and even looked at land to build LOL I know how you feel about EWCM! But we get it haha.

Good luck with your HSG hoping, I hope it comes back all clear :)

So close now Mel! Make sure you take it easy after the transfer! I felt so guilty but it paid off! I did not much AT ALL, Keep you feet warm and watch some movies! You have precious cargo! When do you fly home? My FS wont let anyone fly until 4-5 days after transfer (something to do with pressure) He doesn't even like you driving! Cant be too cautious!

AFM- Appointment is in 2hrs!! Im sure its fine, I hoping for a number over 400, and it should be because a digi at 2-3 detects between 200 -2000 so I got a 2-3 2 days ago but I might have got it the day before, I don't know, So by rights it should have at least doubled to 400! FX

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

On phone so I will be quick! Beta at 16 dpo 11dp5dt is 647!!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Im home now so I will tell you how it went, I gave my nurse the impression I hadn't tested, She waited until all the other morning bloods were done and got me to come in, my embryologist ( he is super handsome) came in when she was drawing my bloods, so we put the pressure on him and he said he would have it done in 20 min, when I cme back I was in the waiting room and he walked in to my nurse and told her he couldn't get the HCG ( he knew we really wanted it LOL) but then gave n and said he had it, my nurse called me in with this really sad look on her face, I thought OH shit!!! Something happened! Knowing it takes longer for HCG to leave urine than blood, so I sat down and said "that's not a god face Jodie..." she near pulled me off my chair and hugged me and started yelling IT WORKED IT WORKED!!!! My embryologist was hiding behind the corner so he could see it all! He never gets to see peoples reactions to good news he just does all the work, So long story short it was nearly a surprise for me the way they did it, I had about 5 hugs off different nurses on my way out! My P$ was a little low so im on another pesserie extra a day, brings me up to 4, its 46 and they like it at 50.

10 years ago

LOL, stillfun, that is so funny! Love that they were so excited too! Congrats - that is a great number! I'm so happy and excited for you! Good luck on the house search too. Makes total sense that you'll want to be closer to town for the pregnancy. You guys already have a house rented out right? Will be a great source of revenue if you get two rented out eventually. We're thinking about doing that too when B quits his job (2 years to go!) so we can have some steady money coming in.

I looked at IVF costs today on my clinic's website today - after seeing your success stillfun! It's only $6000 for the first cycle, then $4000 for the next two (this also includes ICSI if it's needed). That doesn't include the meds, which I'm hoping would be 80% covered by my health plan. It's a lot but I think we could manage it. I'm now thinking that I'm not going to rule IVF out as an option. I'd still want to give IUI a couple more chances though.

User Image

10 years ago

Im glad you are looking into it Northern!! I wonder if we looked back 2years ago on this thread you would probably see all of us saying that we would never do IVF haha, Its also good seeing a success after all this time, we know it works! I actually loved my IVF cycle as weird as that sounds! It was so interesting, maybe having a really good clinic helps :)
Did my last FRER this morn!!! I have one digi left but I might wait until my levels should read high enough! You know how we are always wishing for high beta numbers, well I found ot yesterday thanks to Dr Google that high numbers can not only indicate multiples it can also indicate a molar pregnancy! So we go from one end of being worried for low numbers to he other ad worry they are too high LOL im sure this one is it though! I had a feeling about my FET from the start of the whole IVF process.
Mel I cant wait to her how it went!!
Oh I intend on posting my progression of all my frer from 4DPT to 12DPT

10 years ago

Stillfun: WOW that is an amazing beta!!!! I'm sure this is the real deal. When do you get to go in for your first ultrasound. That is great that your clinic was so supportive and wanting you to be pregnant so bad and that they were able to share in the excitement!!!

Northern: That's great that you are able to keep IVF on your list. I think $6000 is a great price for IVF!

Hoping: I'm sure everything will be fine and your'll be on your way with your IUI. fingers crossed!!

AFM: I am PUPO!!!!! Had my transfer and it went great! My embies made it through thaw!! We transferred one day 5 and one day 6. We transferred a beautiful grade 1 and a grade 3. I'm going to try to post the picture in my siggy. Let me know if it doesn't work. I was so nervous but everyone at the clinic was wonderful! They told me not to stress the next two weeks and him and the nurse gave us hugs and wished us lots of luck. I have my first beta on the 21st but hopefully I will know before then ;)

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Woohoo Mel! It all sounds great!!! You may even end up with twins! Try to relax and take it really easy.

BTW, your siggie pic worked too!

User Image

10 years ago

Awwwww aren't they cute babies!

That's a great price Northern! Mine wanted 18,000-20,000 per cycle. That is way to much for us.

I really, really hope our IUIs work. I think I am going to try 3 cycles and hope to God it takes hold. Gonna keep on the prenatal vitamins and hope my uterus is healthy!

User Image

10 years ago

Congrats Mel!! Your PUPO!!!!!!! Beautiful Embys :) I wish I had a pics like that, Go baby Cookie! Im glad your transfer went well :) I hated mine, couldn't relax at all, but its sorta uncomfortable.... This is it!! 10 days till bloods!! FX you get some nice numbers!
My nurse had to re-check how many embys we transferred because my beta is so high, I have been searching sites for first pos test and beta levels on the same day and a lot of them at my number have twins.... Don't know what that means for me but tomorrow should shed more light on doubling times! Oh I posted my FRERs

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo