Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1641 - 1650 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Northern Progesterone is what makes your symptoms, that's why you can feel pregnancy symptoms not long after implantation, it doesn't matter wether your being supplemented or not. Goodluck with your next test :)

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Northern: I'm so sorry about your BFN. I remember always getting mad at myself after getting negatives too. I hope the blood test gives better results.

Hoping: GL! I think 36-48 hours sounds great!! Even with great swimmers I know they still say not to BD everyday. :) My husband and I refuse to use anything other than preseed even now that we aren't "trying" at the moment. lol!

Stillfun: I always forget I can keep a journal on here. That makes it much easier. :) . I have many pets lol! I have a cat, 3 dogs and a rabbit. lol! crazy thing is I got all but the Chihuahua before we started trying to conceive so I can't blame it on my grieving over not being a mommy lol! I actually have had the cat and rabbit for almost 8 years. YIKES! lol! The bloodwork is just standard stuff. I'm not sure exactly what is needed I had most of my Bloodwork done they just said I was missing a couple things ;)

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

What a bummer Northern! I was so hoping you got it this time.
AFM, did my opk mid-morning and it was wicked light....almost can't see it. gonna check again this afternoon. yesterday's was about halfway there. still have ewcm and temp still low. unless the surge was last night or evening. maybe tonight's bd will still be in the zone....

User Image

10 years ago

Yeah, I know progesterone gives you pregnancy symptoms. The odd thing is that I haven't had ANY symptoms this time around. Nada. Maybe a bit of temper at times, but that could have been holiday stress too, lol. But my cervix has been open and soft the last few days, and I just don't feel pregnant. So, almost positive I'm out. I'm giving myself a day to grieve and then going to put all my energy and focus into being as healthy and stress-free as possible, and am going to research the Chinese herbs and get going on that too, along with the acupuncture. I'd rather get pregnant using that approach anyway, without the medications and IUI.

User Image

10 years ago

Im sorry northern, its hard when we put faith in technology, Are you going to do IUI again? I have heard so much conflicting info on it, Im glad that my FS steered me away but I have such a crappy chance with Kens sperm.
Mel have you been checked for NK cells? I think my clinic is doing a retest of those and that might be my problem.. sorta makes sense with so many chemicals.
Hoping, we are cycling togther :)

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

I might do an IUI again but I'm going to give it a two month break at least. The success statistics for the TCM approach appear to be better than for IUI with meds - and better for you - so I'm going to give that a chance.

I got the blood test done, and the clinic gave me a standing order requisition, which means I can go back every cycle for a quantitative HcG blood test for the next year (for free). I'm liking that! And my results should be ready in a couple more hours. Will be nice to know the exact HcG levels.

User Image

10 years ago

Update - just got the results - a bit fat 0. At least now I know for sure and can get on with it.

User Image

10 years ago

Sorry Northern, If I didn't know about Kens sperm I would probably try the TCM but im so negative about it all now I cant be bothered.

10 years ago

booooo

User Image

10 years ago

Thanks girls - it helps to have you here to commiserate with!

Stillfun, I totally don't blame you for going the IVF route, especially since so much of it is covered for you.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo