Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

701 - 710 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Just got back from the doctors. Turns out I have a 4cm cyst that's filled with blood. She said when they are 4cm or bigger than it has to be monitored especially when its not a simple cyst so I have to go back in four weeks and if still there they will have to do surgery to remove it :(. So she said we could keep trying the baby stuff but recommend we wait the four weeks to make sure I don't need the surgery. Yikes! Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Hi Ladies...just found this site and I think I really like it. Dh and I have been TTC off and on other time, NTNP for almost 3 years. I am considering ordering the home sperm test or the microscope to see if DH has any sperm at all. I have two kids from previous marriage(12,14) and he never had any with his ex wife in the 9 years they were married. They had thought it was infertility on her part, but after 3 years I'm starting to wonder if its him. God, its sooo hard when every month you wait and wait...then nothing. Our insurance doesn't cover anything related to infertility, so thats pretty much out. I hope we get good news when we do the home testing. I am 10dpo today and took FRER this AM..got BFN. Think I'm out this month too.

User Image

11 years ago

OMG, Mel that really sucks :( I really hope that you don't need the surgery and it goes away on its own for you. I will def cross my fingers and toes for you.

User Image

11 years ago

Anastasia: thank you! How have you been?

Hoping4#3: sorry you are feeling out this month. Our insurance has no coverage either but when dh had his first semen analysis they covered it but we had to pay for the second one out of pocket. I def. recommend going in and having a semen analysis done. They usually will require your dh get b/w done and then the semen analysis and that will tell them everything. If here's nothing they will be able to see if its a hormonal problem or blockage. I think it would def. make you both feel better then trying to guess with a home test. I love our microscope but I only use it every now and then to try and find a random hidden swimmer. No luck yet though! But it's not cheap and won't tell you much other than if there are some or not. He might have a lot but they aren't going the right direction or maturing properly. Good luck! I hope that you dh has a great count or that everything is an easy fix.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Oh crap Mel, i am glad you went and seen someone now! Question... Why would you not get an AF with a cyst? and why would you O and not get AF, i know nothing about cysts! Temp dropped again this morning but still neg OPK woth FMU but i can change in a day with me, no OPKs left so i will watch to see what my temp does tommorow im sure that this is my lead up to O dip so it is either today or tommorow, got a BD in this AM and if temp is still down tommorow i will bd again tommorow, Welcome Hoping4#3, i did a at home test and found it confused me more than anything, my Dh got a neg test (means less than 20million) but when we did his S/A it cam eback with 27million, not great but its still ok, he is on a vitamin called Menevit and i have gotten preg twice now in the past 4 months he has been on it so it must work! I hope you get some answers, i know what men can be like when you start talking about manhood and there sperm and getting to at home test is the only way i got my Dh to go to the docs, i was already seeing a fertility clinic and they wanteds him to do it and the at home test being neg made him do it but no wothout a fight, i hope your DH goes down easier than mine and all mine had to do was in a hotel room he didnt even have to do it there and it was still super hard for him.
Sue how are you what dpo are you?
Northenbaby- make sure you watch those temps alittle better now, im sure you will now i pionted it out, i am thinking i will get one every time seeing as i have had 2 so hopefully you will be the same and your temp will show it before a test will!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Dh already thinks the problem is his, so I don't think he would have much issue with it. I am just not sure how to go about the SA. Can our regular doctor order it or do we have to go to a urologist? Our insurance told me that they don't cover diagnostics either.....stupid ins. But then, SC does not require ins co to even offer it.
Feeling wierd this orning. Temp still going up, but have funny backacke and abd feelings this morning. AF due tomorrow. (I have a 25 day cycle) I never get cramps until AF heavy and usually DO get get sore nipples a few days before, and not atingle this month. Prob just fooling myself this month....:)
stillfuntryin: Is this vitamin over the counter or prescription?

User Image

11 years ago

hoping - Welcome! I am in a similar situation, I have 1 child with a previous relationship (he's 5), and we are pretty sure the issue is with my fiance as well. When he was a child, he had two undescended testicles, but he never thought that could have made him sterile. They didn't correct it until he was in second grade, he thinks. After reading some about it, I believe this is our issue. He has not had a SA yet either, he is going to talk to his doctor about it in April - which will be about one year since we started ttc. We wanted to see if it would just "happen" in the meantime. Thought about getting the at home test, but we haven't yet. Not sure that we will bother with it, since it doesn't give you much info. I have a 25 day cycle too. What day do you usually O?

Mel - your instinct was spot on! What a bummer! :( Really really glad you went though, hopefully in 4 weeks they will have found that it has taken care of itself. That's going to be a long 4 weeks though. :/

Stillfun - I would assume that Mel's cyst prevented her from actually O'ing, and that's why there's no AF. I'm 2 dpo today, ho hum! Nothing to report. Had my allergies flare up a ton yesterday, lots of itchy eyes and stuffy nose - so remind me of that and don't let me think in a few days if it's still going on that it's an early symptom of pg. Lol.

Northern - my DF found blood in his ear this morning after showering! Explains the dizziness - so I told him to go to the doctor and he said "eh, I'll wait a few days." OMG. MEN. Ugh. I told him to go tonight after work, so we'll see if he does.

Anastasia - how is it going? A couple of my friends who are currently pg had the most symptoms during their first trimester, how are yours? Hopefully not too bad! :)

User Image

11 years ago

Welcome to the group, Hoping!

Mel, that really sucks that it's a cyst and you have to wait...but at least you figured it out and saw a doctor. I hope it just resolves itself.

Supersue - bleeding from his ear! That's crazy - your hubby better get to the dr! Mine hasn't had another bad episode but still dizzy and feeling sick and hard time sleeping. Today was his first day going back to work so we'll see how that goes.

I haven't had any more O pains since CD14 and temp is going up, so I'm 2 DPO now as well. Only got 2 BD in but one was timed well. The waiting begins... Thinking of going out and buying a pineapple to help with implantation.

Stillfuntryin, I hope you get your O soon! Should be today or tomorrow I bet.

User Image

11 years ago

Hey back guys, and welcome hoping. I am feeling pretty good, had my first Dr apt on Monday, I'm 6 weeks 2 days today. Just a little bit sick on and off, not like my last pregnancy with my daughter, I was really sick all day then. Going back in 4 weeks for an ultrasound and physical. I got the okay to continue working out at the gym which is a plus since I have been going steady for about a year. At 6 weeks I am further along than when I had my mc with my first pregnancy. I am trying to really enjoy this right now but truthfully I just want to be past the first trimester so I can breathe a sigh of relief! Just going to go outside with my girl and shovel some snow, we got 8-10 inches last night!

User Image

11 years ago

supersue: I seem to O on cd 13 /14. I am 11dpo today. I think Im gonna get a microscope to see if there is even any sperm to test! If I cant find any, well its gonna be time to throw in the towel :\ We are getting older (I am almost 35 and dh is 44) and my kids are more than half grown. Reckon we will just enjoy nephews and grandkids eventually if it turns out we cant have one of our own...

and thanks for the welcome everyone....hope im not here for much longer on the ltttc board ;)

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo