Community post

Discussion

More Than Ready to be a December Momma!

View Full Post

Staring a new forum for all of us from the past boards who are hoping and MORE than ready to be December moms!

I know the category says ttc my first, but it's for anyone ttc, whether you've been trying 1 day or 600!

Although my EDD would be Nov 30th, I'm not counting on getting my BFP this month.

I feel like we all know each other so well, but just in case, I (Lindsay) am 29 (30 in a couple weeks!!), DH is 34, trying for our first, his 4th! We've been actively trying since August 2011, recently diagnosed with a wonky thyroid and high prolactin levels. I am taking medicine for both and hope to get my BFP once both levels go down. I am not trying anything this month and just going to see what happens while I wait to get my levels retested in April.....

BUT, if for some reason I do get preggo, I would know on my birthday!!!!! Last year I moved into my first house, this year BFP??????

1246 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 1246 Replies | Last Page

Cristi - that story about your son made me lol. We should start speaking in "code" and refer to AF or the witch as the 13itch. Funny stuff!

Welcome Janey, sorry about your bfn but lots of luck this cycle here with us gals :)

Welcome Felurian!! Hope you get some good news back soon.

Pbc - goooo get your man. BD time!!

BeautifulDisaster - hey girl. I hope they get your meds right, that's gotta be painful.

Got my first BD in tonight because I am now entering my fertile days! Yay. This week is crazy for DF though....hope we can go Mon Tues Wed and hopefully Fri! Giving it a big go before my ob/gyn visit on the 26th. Hopefully will get some answers. It would be beautiful to walk in to discuss getting pregnant and test BFP right there! Probably a pipedream...

Anyway, I feel for my DF. He's an attorney and is working on another big case and it's this week that he's in depositions practically every day, so he comes home pretty beat. But he is a real trooper.

FX for everyone and our maybe baby Christmas babies!!

User Image

11 years ago

Hello Ladies! I am a transferee from the November board!

A little about me: I married my best friend last March, he is 27 and I am 31. I have a 13 year old daughter from a previous relationship, my husband does not have any children. We have gotten pregnant twice and miscarried both times. The first pregnancy was accidental and the second happened on the first try! My Dr said if we miscarry again he will then order testing to see if we can figure out why but not to be alarmed because he feels they were 100% natural and that he doesn't see anything currently wrong that may have caused them. We have been trying since November with zero luck. My cycles are regular, almost like clock work every single month. I started Fertiliaid last month which I will continue to take this month along with FertiliTea and using OPKs and PreSeed!
I have high hopes this month Lol. I have learned to not listen to your BBT chart. It is strictly for ovulating reference ONLY! My last chart two had ALL the signs of a pregnancy and NOPE, no pregnancy!
I know some of you ladies have been trying for years and my heart aches for you and I will be praying you ladies get your

11 years ago

Good morning, ladies! I'm moving over from the November board after I got a BFN at 15 DPO today.

I'm 26 and DH is 27. We've been ttc #1 for almost 10 months now.

My last cycle was very irregular in that I bled days 1-3 and again days 14-17 so I'm really not sure what to expect for this cycle or when this cycle will actually start. I'm not even convinced that I ovulated at all last cycle.

I have my regular yearly gynecologist appointment in a week (she's actually a family doctor; I will probably try to nail down an actual ob/gyn once we have been trying for a year). Hopefully she will have something helpful to say.

Anyway, fingers crossed for all of us this month and excited to hear everyone's stories and hopefully everyone's BFP pictures! Good luck and baby dust to all!

Endometriosis, mycoplasma infection, MTHFR, PAI-1 gene mutation, prone to tubal blockages, low progesterone, infertility, recurrent miscarriage; DH low morphology IUI rainbow baby born 08/15 (after 31 months ttc) TTC #2 Cycle 1

11 years ago

Hello All.

This is my first time posting on the forum. I'm from the UK. Me and my hubby are both 35 and this is our second cycle TTC our first, though my hubby works away so we can only "make use" of certain cycles.

XX

11 years ago

hey ladies :)

i'm hoping for my own lil' miracle to happen this cycle..relatively new to this magical magical world...and i still have to read those baby terms twice to understand what they mean...a lil bit about us...we are both 32 and FINALLY in the TTC bracket after 4 years of being married...went to my family doc and was advised to bring my TSH levels down a notch (2.94 currently and on synthroid to bring it down to 2) + ingesting iron supplement and pregvit...
we tried ONCE last cycle and i got a lil carried away from 1dpo...yup got a BFN on 12 dpo :(
keeping my fingers crossed...in my head i know it will happen when its meant to happen but its just too darn exciting to stay calm and carry on :D :D

11 years ago

beautiful - I would think that hormone levels would be the same no matter if the RA is controlled or not, but perhaps not, maybe there are influenced by it?

sweetnsour - if conditions in the cervix, uterus and Fallopian tubes are optimal, then they can live up to 7 days. this isn't the standard but it can happen. You know never, it only takes 1 time when it counts to make it happen.

matrixx - unfortunately there is a core group of ladies here that keep going month after month b/c for some reason our BFPs are being stubborn so I think you;'ll always have a good support system. Babydust!

bmoremom6 - I love all the blended families on here, it nice to be able to relate since DH has 3 and we hope to add to it. Although in this day and age isn't it the norm anymore :)

beatles - we need to think of ways to get our men ready for BDing...mine is always tired b/c we never get enough sleep. If my DH liked coffee I'd get him espressos but he doesn't.

xomandyxocheyxo - hoping you get your BFP soon! I too have regular cycles and seem to be ovulating which makes ttc even more annoying when you can't figure out why your body won't cooperate. Although I have other issues going on,so who knows...

scoobyfanatic - can your gyn run tests for hormones and such? My family doc used to perform my pelvic exams but since i am having fertility issues she referred me. It would be nice to get some basic tests run that way you have some information while you wait if they refer you to a OB/GYN.

soph1812 - welcome and babydust to you!

AFM, I am marking me as 1DPO...and DH and I were able to get BDing in just in time! YAY! We will try again tonight just in case but at least I can feel somewhat in the game. I don't expect this will get me preggo, but I am always hoping!

11 years ago • Post starter

Hey sparkly - welcome and babydust. Your tsh is only slightly elevated for ttc but normal otherwise. Good luck (I am on the same meds for my tsh, which is 3.23).

Ok ladies so a reoccuring trend is the discussion about progesterone, which as you know is vital once the embryo implants, to sustain the pregnancy. I've been doing some online research to try to find some numbers for anyone that was curious. Here is what I found:
Progesterone Level Chart

Progesterone during menstrual cycle
Day 1-14 >1 to 1.5ng/ml
Day 15-28 2-28 ng/ml

Progesterone during pregnancy
First Trimester 9-47
Second Trimester 17-147 ng/ml
Third Trimester 55-200 ng/ml

What are normal progesterone levels?
Sometimes doctors will check a woman's progesterone level during pregnancy. Most doctors like to see a minimum level of 10 ng/ml during the first few weeks of pregnancy. If a woman has low progesterone levels this can be an indication of a threatened miscarriage. If you are concerned about your progesterone level talk to your doctor for more information.

And an important note:
Progesterone levels vary considerably from cycle to cycle and woman to woman, both non-pregnant and pregnant. So the levels can only be averages and they change with the timing of the cycle. Everyone you ask will have slightly different numbers. Also there are differences as to what to do if the levels are low, with some docs giving progesterone (pills, shots, suppositories) and others not treating unless there has been some proof of a preexisting low progesterone in non-pregnancy cycles.

My level was 5.3 at 20 DPO and my doctor said that was good enough to show ovulation DID take place.

Just wanted to share

11 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies ..I'm 8DPO and I'm Already feeling out. We r trying for baby #1 after a mc in jan followed by a D&C....dh and I only did the baby dance 2 times this time already so I'm thinking that that might have not been enough..although we only did the baby dance 3 times and I got pregnant back in novemeber ...so who knows but this waitting game is killing me.....lol..best of luck to all you,ladies!

User Image

11 years ago

pbc910: yea i'm still holding onto a little bit of hope for this cycle.

welcome all you newcomers! i hope everyone gets their bfp soon! :) baby dust to all!

User Image

11 years ago

@Katies, my 13 year old and my 1st miscarriage were ONE time accidents and my second miscarriage we only danced twice! ONCE is enough sometimes :-)

Good Luck, 8DPO is way to early to tell!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo