Community post

Discussion

More Than Ready to be a December Momma!

View Full Post

Staring a new forum for all of us from the past boards who are hoping and MORE than ready to be December moms!

I know the category says ttc my first, but it's for anyone ttc, whether you've been trying 1 day or 600!

Although my EDD would be Nov 30th, I'm not counting on getting my BFP this month.

I feel like we all know each other so well, but just in case, I (Lindsay) am 29 (30 in a couple weeks!!), DH is 34, trying for our first, his 4th! We've been actively trying since August 2011, recently diagnosed with a wonky thyroid and high prolactin levels. I am taking medicine for both and hope to get my BFP once both levels go down. I am not trying anything this month and just going to see what happens while I wait to get my levels retested in April.....

BUT, if for some reason I do get preggo, I would know on my birthday!!!!! Last year I moved into my first house, this year BFP??????

1246 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

531 - 540 of 1246 Replies | Last Page

This last month I did monitoring with ultrasounds, Clomid, Progesterone, and baby aspirin. I would have used an hcg trigger to make me ovulate, but luckily I got a positive OPK and didn't need it. This coming month will be the same routine as last time.

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

Felurian - what is an HCG trigger and what is the reason behind this?

How often do you go in for ultrasounds?

User Image

11 years ago

Beatles when you get that million dollar question answered will you let me know?!?! LOL! I will give you any advice I can, can't promise it is always right but I speak based on my experiences from being diagnosed with PCOS to only find out a year later that I don't have that... I just don't ovulate on my own.... ugh! Research and ask questions non-stop. We will all help you if we can. Let me know how it goes tomorrow! :)

P.S. the trigger shots are to force ovulation after taking Clomid (for people who don't O like me)! Just an FYI!

AFM, another positive OPK tonight! I bet I O tomorrow (I usually O on CD19!)!!!! Super excited to get into this tww!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Get busy Cristi!!! It's your time :)

I'm known to be prepared and have everything I know to say, but once I get there I go mute and think whatever they say must be correct and I shouldn't butt in. But I need to get some kojones and speak my mind.

User Image

11 years ago

Beatles you need to for sure speak your mind and get the answers you want! We pay them... therefore our Dr's ultimately work for us... if they lost all their patients they would not have a job! Tell them exactly what you are expecting from them! Only accept the best for your body and your life! Big hugs girl! :)

Oh and you know we are having fun... the DH is determined since tomorrow is O day we should go for twice... I say not happening. LOL!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Beatles - I found some letters last night DH and I wrote when we first started dating...we were talking marriage after 3 months! When you know, you know! Tomorrow you will have to answer a lot of questions, they will ask you all about your cycle and extra questions to rule anything obvious out. I bet, if your test isn't positive (HOPING IT IS) they will start off with bloodwork which is the easiest to see if there are any issues and definitely get a referral for a SA, as my doc said, one of the easiest things to start off with before more invasive tests, such as the HSG, etc. I hope that there is nothing impacting your fertility and if there does turn out to be, it is easily fixed. I am still waiting on what the heck is wrong with me...SUPER SIGH, but I have faith the meds I am on will help. Thinking about you!!!!

Felurian - I am sick of waiting too, I feel like all I do is waste my life looking for the next month to hopefully be successful. When will I get my BFP? Will I? So many questions but I am hopeful and with medical intervention it seeems almost anything is possible. Hugs to you!

Miracle - I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook but I realize we are in a digital age and i like it to share things with my fam that I dont see often or live far away. Also, my EDD is only 1 day behind you if this is my month! Hope it is for us both!

nsking83 - hate to see you on this board but glad for the company! I hope your IUI works and you will have to keep us posted b/c more than likely that is our next step as long as all my levels and test turn out well.

wbsb2011 - hope you get that Christmas present!!!!

Cristi - WOOHOO, get those positive OPKS!!!! And your hubby, I LOLed literally! Sounds just like mine In that spirit I think I am going to try saying a little positive something each day. I live so much in the negative sometimes and it isn't good for anything.

11 years ago • Post starter

PBC, I try really really hard to stay positive, sometimes the negative comes out and it kills me afterwards! My hubby is something else that is for sure! Haha! Hugs to you.. praying for ya! I am also going to be in line for an IUI next cycle if this isn't the one... that is if we don't decide to take a cycle off (yeah right)! Hoping it doesn't come to that... it is so expensive and not covered by our insurance! We have Tricare which is military insurance (my dh is medically retired from Army) and it sucks horribly! You would think they would take better care of their soldiers and their families... but nope! My job (before we moved) had better insurance and it was affordable. UGH! Okay rant done... sorry! See there is the damn negative again! LOL

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Beatles- Cristi already answered the trigger question :) I go in twice a month for ultrasounds. Once on CD 2 or 3 for a baseline ultrasound, just to make sure my ovaries don't have cysts or leftover follicles, and to check my lining before starting Clomid again. Then I go in near O time to see how many follicles matured to estimate the chance of multiples. I have friends who also go in a third time to check lining or whatever on CD 21, but I don't do that ultrasound.
Also, DH and I knew we wanted to get married after two weeks of dating (and two months of friendship before that). We thought we were crazy, but we trusted our gut, and it was the easiest decision in the world! We married six months after that, and even through the fights and hard times, four years later, we are the happiest we've ever been in our lives! When you know, you know!

pbc- The waiting is bad, but not knowing when and if it will ever end is the worst part! When will you know about this month?

Yayayaya Cristi! Good luck! Go bang it out!!!

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

Thanks for the welcome everyone. It's been a wile...sorry - still making my way around the site to try and figure it out. 14dpo today. Tested 12dpo with a ... I'm having a really hard time getting to sleep knowing I will be testing in the morning. I have had consistent cramping for about a week and a half, so I'm just guessing it's a matter of time before the comes...but since she hasn't yet I will be testing in the morning.

I have a hard time trying to think of how I'm going to get through Easter weekend if I am not pregnant. My sister will be at dinner with my niece and nephew, and BOTH my step brothers will be there with my other niece and nephew who are 2 months old. I'm literally surrounded by friends and family who ALL have children, and it kills me...trying not to feel sorry for myself, but I can't help but feel "out" this month.

User Image

User Image

11 years ago

Cristi - you are so funny with your swimmer story!!!! I'll let you into a secret .... I took DH to Rome for his 30th birthday - and we secretly tried to splash water out of the Trevi fountain onto our areas in an attempt to promote the swimmers!!!!! Shame there was no water in the Sistine chapel ....

Am in a quandary this morning ... Monitor says high fertility again -5th day in a row .... No EWCM .... So don't think I have o'ed yet .... But with DH away thinking the swimmers from the weekend will be lost / tired / given up and he's not back til Thursday!!!! Am hoping now its late for me this month and he'll be back ... This monitor is stressing me out .....

GL to those testing / dr's today ..... Keep positive thoughts

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo