Community post

Discussion

More Than Ready to be a December Momma!

View Full Post

Staring a new forum for all of us from the past boards who are hoping and MORE than ready to be December moms!

I know the category says ttc my first, but it's for anyone ttc, whether you've been trying 1 day or 600!

Although my EDD would be Nov 30th, I'm not counting on getting my BFP this month.

I feel like we all know each other so well, but just in case, I (Lindsay) am 29 (30 in a couple weeks!!), DH is 34, trying for our first, his 4th! We've been actively trying since August 2011, recently diagnosed with a wonky thyroid and high prolactin levels. I am taking medicine for both and hope to get my BFP once both levels go down. I am not trying anything this month and just going to see what happens while I wait to get my levels retested in April.....

BUT, if for some reason I do get preggo, I would know on my birthday!!!!! Last year I moved into my first house, this year BFP??????

1246 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

521 - 530 of 1246 Replies | Last Page

Doctor's office just called... negative DH and I don't know what we plan to do next month.

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

Awww Felurian I am so super sorry. Big hugs to you as you try to figure out what to do next. :(

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Felurian I am so so sorry!!! I will probably find out tomorrow bc I have an ob check up (I'll be 12 DPO) and they should be able to tell with a blood test by then, no? I am a lil dense when it comes to ttc besides knowing to BD during my fertile days before ovulation and on ovulation day... I've never had any tests done to check for infertility. That is what I am going to bring up tomorrow at my appt.

For you and anyone else who has been put through the ringer, so to speak, can you give me pointers and the "right" questions to ask, what tests or ultrasounds, etc. that I should ask for? I really want some answers bc we have been actively ttc for.....since Sept. 2012, after I had a unplanned surprise CP in Aug. 2012. So this month is cycle/month 7 TTC. I know I ovulate every month and have regular cycles every month! So....??? I just don't know. Please girls give any guidance, pointers, things to demand for bc you know how nonchalant doctors can be with ttc....like no big deal. Well it IS a BIG deal to me. I am not getting any younger and I know only more difficulties come each year that passes after age 35 or so.. I am 32 will be 33 in November..

Big ((hugs)) Felurian, to you and your husband. I'm thinking about yall and will say a lil prayer that next month is your month! I was hoping you would have good news for us :(. But chin up girl, there's always next time :)

Any advice for me ladies??? I am getting anxious about tomorrow. Hugo will be going with me and he has never done anything like this before. He has no children and has absolutely no previous experience with kids (he is also an only child). But he wants a baby with me so bad, even after only being together for, it will be 10 months April 10th. Y'all probably think I'm nuts, but we knew it on our first date :). And neither of us desired children until we met eachother.

Anyway, enough rambling....

Talk to me people, and educate me on fertility or rather infertility! Wish me luck tomorrow... Either I'm pregnant or that I will get some answers to this whole complex and frustrating journey!

User Image

11 years ago

AWhhh I am so sorry :-(

11 years ago

I'm so sorry Felurian big hugs coming your way

Me 27 Hubs 34 TTC #1 since May 2012 2 rounds with cervical cancer and removals of tissue, high risk hpv + 5 CPs/ early miscarriages 3 failed rounds of Clomid Went to the RE 1 failed round of Femara 1 failed IUI with Femara HSG Clomid + Femara, trigger, IUI- we shall see User Image

11 years ago

felurian sorry to the news hunnie praying for better day for you and you r family.
Hey Staciefl how are you coming along

User Image

11 years ago

Beatles, You and Hugo with have your much wanted baby! When you go in just ask for a blood test to check for pregnancy. At 12 dpo that should be able to tell by blood. Don't let them just talk you into a urine test. They will probably want to do some blood tests on your and a SA for Hugo and maybe an U/S on you to check for fibroids (spelling) or other issues!. Just make sure to tell your dr about the CP and that you have been TTC with no luck... GL and let me know how it goes. Don't be nervous... you have this!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Thank you, everyone. You are all being so sweet and supportive! I know it'll happen someday, but I am so sick of waiting! Onto cycle 30-something. We decided to try again next month with treatment, so maybe we'll have good news this time next month.

Beatles- Yes, ask for blood test! It should be able to tell at 12 DPO if you are pregnant. About your other questions- sometimes beginning treatment can be daunting and overwhelming. The best thing I can recommend before you go in is to read the articles on Resolve.org. They are the National Infertility Association, and they pretty much cover everything! Begin by reading these-

Here is a page about the different diagnoses: http://www.resolve.org/diagnosis-management/infertility-diagnosis/

Here is one about what females can expect at the doctor:
http://www.resolve.org/diagnosis-management/infertility-diagnosis/female-workup.html

And one for males:
http://www.resolve.org/diagnosis-management/infertility-diagnosis/male-workup.html

I know it is a bit of reading, but they are exactly what you need to hear before you go in! Let us know if you have any more questions.

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

Thanks Cristi! Your advice means a lot to me :) I literally have a notepad on my lap as I type this and am taking notes and doing research and googling all the things that could be wrong, or tests that need to be done to discover what's causing this. Maybe it's nothing and I am just being impatient, but ever since I had that CP that wasn't planned, it shook me. We decided after that, that we wanted a baby and we were going to plan and try for one.

I have faith that it will happen for us. Just when is the million dollar question!

User Image

11 years ago

Happy y'all are ttc again next month, Felurian! What treatment are y'all doing for the April cycle? What did y'all try this cycle, if anything?

Thanks for all the reads. I will be up all night reading away :)

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo