Community post

Discussion

More Than Ready to be a December Momma!

View Full Post

Staring a new forum for all of us from the past boards who are hoping and MORE than ready to be December moms!

I know the category says ttc my first, but it's for anyone ttc, whether you've been trying 1 day or 600!

Although my EDD would be Nov 30th, I'm not counting on getting my BFP this month.

I feel like we all know each other so well, but just in case, I (Lindsay) am 29 (30 in a couple weeks!!), DH is 34, trying for our first, his 4th! We've been actively trying since August 2011, recently diagnosed with a wonky thyroid and high prolactin levels. I am taking medicine for both and hope to get my BFP once both levels go down. I am not trying anything this month and just going to see what happens while I wait to get my levels retested in April.....

BUT, if for some reason I do get preggo, I would know on my birthday!!!!! Last year I moved into my first house, this year BFP??????

1246 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 1246 Replies | Last Page

Sorry so long-winded!!!

11 years ago

Hi beautiful ladies!! Hope you're all doing well!!

Beautifuldisaster- CD3 for me today (we're 1 day apart). I wouldn't worry too much about your period being light, I've also had a light one that I can remember, I think once in a while it happens.. Last cycle is it was normal flow but the spotting brown blood in the end lasted FOREVER! Can't wait to hear how your immune suppression regime goes... I'll be doing it too and will be sharing notes!!

Beatles- I think I couldn't have said it any better. There is not much more input. But here is how it went in my situation: After a year of trying, I went to my OBGYN and she initially did bloodwork (checked my progesterone levels and thyroid) then we did the HSG (to see if tubes were open), then we did hubby's SA aaaaand everything is NORMAL so now she says we need to go to an RE as our infertility is now classified under: unexplained. Haven't gone to an RE yet because I feel that right now is just not a good time we have a bunch of stuff going on. I wish she would just give me Clomid to make my ovulation stronger but haven't really asked her... we were wanting to give it a little more time to try on our own.. oh and I also started acupuncture to see if that would help any. I'm on my 5th month doing it and so far nothing... Good luck my friend I hope they help you in some way!!!

Husky- I would go to OBGYN and get my blood drawn.... the fact that you have a NEG HPT doesn't necessarily mean you are not preggers, it may mean that it's just not picking it up for some reason. Either way, I would just go and get some blood drawn and see what is going on... Best of Luck I hope you are our first December !!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicola and cazh7745- welcome aboard! This is an awesome thread to be in! We are all here for each other and the support and comfort is unbelievable because we are all going through the same thing!

ttcapinaa- Happy I really hope you guys catch that eggie!!!

Cristi- where are you girl? Did you test again? I'm going to check November thread...

AFM- Nothing much really, I'm CD3 today and everything seems to be normal... I did have LESS pain than normal which I guess is a good thing... I only took 2 tylenol during the day which I usually take 2 in the day and 2 at night. Looking forward to some soon!!

User Image

11 years ago

Thank you ttc! So so very much. The information you provided has helped me tremendously and I appreciate it so much. I can now go into my appt. with some knowledge and have some clue of what's being said to me. I hope you get your BFP this month. Btw, I am on CD 7 as well. So is Nicola. Cycle buds :)

Ok, I have another blonde moment (even though I'm brunette and still have nothing against blondes, I promise! They may have more fun.. who knows?! ;).
But the question is: do I count my cycle days (I am normally always 28 days) to expect my AF to arrive like I always do, or do I count my DPO 14 day? Ie: if I Ovulate on CD 13, my DPO 14 would be March 27th , but if I O on the 14th my DPO 14 would be March 28th.... Umm am I making any sense?! lol

Anyone?

I am having one of those days and would love to contribute it to "mommy brain" but it's just me having a brain fart...ha. (don't know or care how to put it etiquittely)

User Image

11 years ago

Thank you Miracle!! Can I ask what causes you the pain so early on in your cycle

Oh AF! Slaps forehead...

User Image

11 years ago

Beatles - why you throwing out all those numbers and making me do math? Just Kidding...my step kiddos are dividing fractions, I have no idea how to do that and couldn't remember. Anyway....I think I get what you are saying and I hope my answer makes sense, so here goes...

My cycle is on average 28 days. I count both ways to determine my next AF. So, starting on CD 1, I count 27 more days (1+27=28) to get my estimated day of my next period. (in reality, my phone app does this for me).
However, to also make sure when AF will come, I know that my average luteal phase is 12 days. Based on my OPKs and EWCM, I try to estimate my O date, say I ovulate on CD 17. I will then add 12 (my 12 luteal phase days) to get 29 so in that case my cycle is 29 days. For me, both ways work. My luteal phase and cycle days change month to month, from 28 to 29 to 27 to 28 and so on. So I estimate a window of 3 days when I expect AF so I won't get antsy if she doesn't show up right away.

Did this help or did I confuse it even more?

cazh7745 - hoping you get your little sticky one soon and I too was married in Sept 11, 9-10-11 to be exact! Baby dust to you!

thanks ttcapinaa for explaining the process an your experiences.

Let's see, I am CD 12 or 13, even though its in my signature I can't even remember. DH leaves tomorrow so I am hoping to sneak in some BDing before he leaves, just in case.

11 years ago • Post starter

I think... the whole luteal phase confuses me. I just wanna know if I started on March 1st should I expect to get my period on March 28th with my normal 28 day cycle. I usually always ovulate on CD14 but for some strange reason (first time ever) I ovulated on CD13, and I was unsure how then to calculate when my period was to arrive. But I think I just figured it out, ha. Omg I am a total spaz today!

Thanks for dealing with my crazy ass, Pbc.... You have patience!

User Image

11 years ago

lol, no prob. If you are always normal, just go by total cycle length and expect your AF could be 1 day earlier than normal.

Me, my O date likes to be stupid and change so I have to go by that too or I'd be a week "late" for AF and think I was pregnant when really I just O'ed late and yeah...stupid cycles.

11 years ago • Post starter

Yeah stupid cycles... Oh and I rescheduled my ob/gyn appt. to March 26th, which if I do succeed this cycle FX I will be 13 DPO (if I ovulate on CD 13) or I will be 12 DPO (if I ovulate on CD 14)

So my doc will be able to confirm with a blood test by this point, right

Unless I implant at 12 or 13 DPO....

User Image

11 years ago

Hey ladies.... Okay I am going to spend some time tomorrow catching up on this forum board! I started to keep track and comment on both and somehow just fell behind. I have a pretty strong feeling I will be moving over here in the next couple of days :( but I do so knowing that our time is coming!

Okay will catch up tomorrow and post a journal of a reply I am sure! LOL! Most of you know me, those who don't I will introduce myself then too... I am exhausted and heading to bed!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Haha, the LP thing still somewhat confuses me too. I leave it up to my iPeriod app to tell me when AF is to start. Having been on BCPs for 14 years, my cycle was quite regular but even when I came off it was accurate. I went off that app for my fertile time (and an OPT) when I got pregnant. I'm too lazy to check temps.

Thanks Miracle...but it looks as though AF may be rearing her head soon. I've been checking my cervix 2x/day lately. This morning it was high and CM clear for the most part; tonight my cervix was lower and I noticed a brownish tint to my CM. Sigh...I guess maybe it's taken 4 cycles for my body to regulate after my D&C. I have sort of felt like I haven't been ovulating because my CM had been different (can't recall having EWCM). Last time my cycle started on day 32, I got pregnant, so FX! Then I would be a Dec mom. If I was pregnant this cycle, I would fall under Nov.

I really hope the best for everyone. Sorry I suck at responding more individually but I do eagerly wait to read everyone's updates :) Funny how anxious I am to start a family now considering when my hubby and I married we hadn't planned to have more than a dog.

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo