Community post

Discussion

More Than Ready to be a December Momma!

View Full Post

Staring a new forum for all of us from the past boards who are hoping and MORE than ready to be December moms!

I know the category says ttc my first, but it's for anyone ttc, whether you've been trying 1 day or 600!

Although my EDD would be Nov 30th, I'm not counting on getting my BFP this month.

I feel like we all know each other so well, but just in case, I (Lindsay) am 29 (30 in a couple weeks!!), DH is 34, trying for our first, his 4th! We've been actively trying since August 2011, recently diagnosed with a wonky thyroid and high prolactin levels. I am taking medicine for both and hope to get my BFP once both levels go down. I am not trying anything this month and just going to see what happens while I wait to get my levels retested in April.....

BUT, if for some reason I do get preggo, I would know on my birthday!!!!! Last year I moved into my first house, this year BFP??????

1246 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

161 - 170 of 1246 Replies | Last Page

@katie I drive myself crazy too and am a POAS ADDICT! My hubby doesn't like the term BD so he has affectionately named it "spelunking" also probably be cause I have a tipped uterus and a cervix that is too far back so we as weird as it is have resulted to at AI this month. Hoping it works better. Sorry probably a TMI

Me 27 Hubs 34 TTC #1 since May 2012 2 rounds with cervical cancer and removals of tissue, high risk hpv + 5 CPs/ early miscarriages 3 failed rounds of Clomid Went to the RE 1 failed round of Femara 1 failed IUI with Femara HSG Clomid + Femara, trigger, IUI- we shall see User Image

11 years ago

Bama, I have a tipped uterus and my cervix is damn near impossible to reach! One doctor told me and I quote "you have a long vagina" LMAO! OMG My hubby was in shock....... he later told me "I guess I can feel good about my size because I can touch your cervix" LOL I almost died! Worst ob/gyn appointment ever! LOL! Glad to know I am not the only one. As far as checking my cervix... yeah it is out because I can't reach it! Good luck to you and happy "spelunking"!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

felurian - I can definitely tell if it is high or low...and soft, the whole open and closed thing is confusing for me. It is interesting to check...I usually do it every couple of days and it's neat to see how the body changes.

soph1812 - with his ex wife, DH knocked her up immediately without trying. What is that about! He was also 19, but you are right, why is it so complicated, charting, BDing on schedule. How were any of us even conceived!? My AF is due on my birthday :(....3/24

xomandyxocheyxo - I tried taking my temp on the weekends, DID NOT WORK...my weekends are sleep in although I want to try to chart by BBT next month.

Miracle - I say anything related to ttc is possible. You hear the craziest success stories. Maybe you'll be the next one :)

Katie - it only takes 1 time during your fertile window, even as far away from O as 5 days.

bamaCRNPsurvivor - ok, I may have to steal that term, that is great!

Cristi - I know our time is coming soon, I just know it b/c dammit, it has to! I don't feel different this cycle but these weird things keep happening, first the o spotting twice, I swear my bbs look bigger (I will take it since I am not naturally well-endowed there) and tonight this weird cm, it wasn't EWCM and it wasn't semen...different than normal after O. I'm really willing this bromocriptine to work, even though I've only taken about 14 days of medication. But my prolactin was only slightly elevated. I even think my enlarged thyroid feels smaller. But the funny thing is, as I was thinking today, when I get that BFP, I am going to be scared as hell!

Luckily, I've gotten into this painting mood and am painting each day after work (started with the kitchen a couple weeks ago, then the pantry area, now the upstairs) so I am using that my to keep my mind off the ttw. I really want my family to come see my new house (even though we've been in it over a year, they haven't seen it) so I am trying to make it look all spiffy. DOn't get me wrong, I think about it everyday, just not as much. And honestly, there is something a little less stressful about the tww, I'm not trying to get rid of AF and not trying to organize BDing...it's just hurry up and wait.

Anyway, sorry to ramble...we had a number of BFPs on the November board and I am looking for the first round of March BFPs! Go Winter babies!

11 years ago • Post starter

pbc- Iâ??ve read that its kinda hard to tell about the cervix being open or closed. I heard that when its open you can almost fit your tip of your finger in it and when its closed it feels just like a little hole or dimple.

beatles- yes! Iâ??m hoping we both get our bfps this cycle :) Iâ??m on cycle day 12 now and on cycle day 11 I had kind of a mixture between eggwhite cm and creamy cm. cervix is still high and open and a little firmer I think than the last time I checked. Iâ??m really praying I ovulate early!

User Image

11 years ago

@PBC, This is how my weekends are.. I set my alarm for the same time I would during the week and literally reach for the thermometer without usually even moving my head off my pillow, take my temp, then set it right back down. Mine has a memory on it so I just chart it when I get up..
Good Luck!

11 years ago

Good idea! Mine has the same feature....I am going to try this.

11 years ago • Post starter

PBC, that all sounds so promising! Everything seems different from last cycle so maybe this is it! FX! I know when I get my BFP I am going to panic... i will be going to get blood draws every other day until we get an u/s and I see that little flicker! I am ready for that fear though.. i am ready to be pregnant! I am praying the 13itch misses out on your birthday party and for the next 9 months! i can never tell if my bbs look bigger because I unfortunately was blessed there... a little to much so for me! UGH! I love painting... I actually bought some paint the other day and am going to help my son paint his room next week! I am so glad to see you back into the calmer approach! Praying for you daily! Go Winter Babies!!!!!

I was going to temp this cycle... LOL OOPS! Okay hope I won't need to but next cycle I am comitting to that! I am so ready to see all of you ladies start testing... praying you call get your bfp! I am still waiting to O but the 13itch has left the building! My DH was so excited when I told him! :) So we will just be having fun and getting some practice in until O! Hope everyone is enjoying this Thursday. We have beautiful weather today so I am loving spending some time outdoors!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

@Miracle - No. A bicornuate uterus has a separation inside the uterus and typically there is two endometriums. (kind of looks like if you were to draw a heart on paper!) However, in my case I do have a uterus that is tipped backwards towards my spine, too.

TTC #1 since Oct 2012 Me - 27, DH - 29 I have a bicornuate uterus. PREGNANT!! EDD 9/24/2014 User Image

11 years ago

@katie Don't rule yourself out hun. Everyone implants at different times. SOme late, some very early. I'm sceptical about the 3-4 days it takes for hCG to show up after implantation because I had my first faint faint faint but unconvinced + at 7dpo evening, by morning it was DEFO there. Chances of my implanding 3-4DPO are unlikely. I think it only takes a day or two to show up GENERALLY. Even if you are 11 DPO you are still on a common implant day, same with 10.
With my first pregnancy I didn't know how far I was when I found out, but by dating scans we worked out I was pretty much a near guaranteed 14DPO and if you look at my pics for comparison it would be the same as my 8 DPO pics from this pregnancy - indicating I probably implanted based on my gut feelings about hCG rising about 12 DPO. Every pregnancy is so unique and I'm trying to expalin to you and whoever else reads that you can never rule yourself out until AF is here because it is possible to get very early, borderline on time and also very late + HPT. I can call upon experiences as well.
The other thing about hCG rising and me thinking it doesn't take 3-4 days to show on an hpt is because of where my baby is. We know from ultrasound and doppler that bubs is really low and has travelled down to the south of my uterus to implant rather than the top which could be indicative of early implantation... but no. Moral of all of this. EVERY PREGNANCY IS SOOOOOO UNIQUE and nature will take its course.

It's hard to swallow being told because I never believed it once - but it's the utter most truth... It's not over til the witch comes and it will happen when the time is right for you!

I've been in the TWW many times - not as long as others but it was a near 12 month journey for two young and relatively healthy people that you would stereotype to concieve very quickly - but it still took us the average time and borderlined fertility intervention times - even though we would have left it and gone that path once I was older if need be.
I have learned a lot through research, talking to others and also through personal experiences of two very different pregnancies including one that miscarried, my current with regualr interval bleeding and also a chemical pregnancy.
I will offer anything I can to help on everyone's journey's.

11 years ago

Yummy yummy thank you so much for taking the time and write me. I took another Walgreens brand tests when I got home from at 715pm, I know I know I could help it....lol....it was still a negative so ow I'm going to really really try not to tests until Sunday if the AF DOESnt show her face...it's all in gods hands I guess....whatever will be will be.....thanks again for you kind words!

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo