Community post

Discussion

More Than Ready to be a December Momma!

View Full Post

Staring a new forum for all of us from the past boards who are hoping and MORE than ready to be December moms!

I know the category says ttc my first, but it's for anyone ttc, whether you've been trying 1 day or 600!

Although my EDD would be Nov 30th, I'm not counting on getting my BFP this month.

I feel like we all know each other so well, but just in case, I (Lindsay) am 29 (30 in a couple weeks!!), DH is 34, trying for our first, his 4th! We've been actively trying since August 2011, recently diagnosed with a wonky thyroid and high prolactin levels. I am taking medicine for both and hope to get my BFP once both levels go down. I am not trying anything this month and just going to see what happens while I wait to get my levels retested in April.....

BUT, if for some reason I do get preggo, I would know on my birthday!!!!! Last year I moved into my first house, this year BFP??????

1246 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

871 - 880 of 1246 Replies | Last Page

Of course we're happy for you Christi. I was there for your last BFP and the heartbreak that followed so now I'm elated that you are gonna have your Christmas baby.

11 years ago

Awww Carla.. thanks! I am so thankful that people that went through the heartache with me are now celebrating with me again! It means a lot!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Oh no, I am so happy! If I can't get my BFP then by gosh I want someone!

11 years ago

I was hoping to be a November momma but I had an early miscarriage. Nothing could have prepared me for how hard that was. :( The baby was due on my husband's birthday--Nov 24.

But now I'm hoping for a Christmas baby! I guess I'm one of those people that has to keep moving forward, or I stall. I'm feeling especially baby dusty this month for some reason, maybe its the lingering hormones haha!

Anyway, glad to meet you all, and I hope I can be belly buddies with one or two or more of you! *hugs*

JAMES + EMMY TTC #1

11 years ago

I guess I'm kinda on the cusp of the December mommas and New Year's Mommas!

Truth be told... I'd be happy for either!

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 18 months. We saw a RE back in March of last year and it was the most depressing/miserable 60 minutes of my life that we kind of let it go for a bit.

Then, in September, we went to a free seminar on IVF from another fertility clinic and LOVED the doctor that spoke. Fast forward... he's now our doctor.

Since then, I've had surgery to remove mild endometriosis and a small uterine polyup removed. (That was January). We were going to try naturally for a few months, but they recommended start IUI right away because I guess it's more fertile the first few months following the surgery.

The first one (last month) didn't take. Truth is... I knew going in that it was probably not the month. Timing was off. I'm pretty sure the IUI wasn't done on the right day (lots to the story, but I just kinda knew).

This month, when I went in for the Ultrasound, my follicle was 26mm and we did the IUI that afternoon. We'd been pretty good on our timing around it too.

My husbands counts are all pretty low (borderline low end of normal). But, it only takes one, right? ;-)

Anyways.. fingers crossed and VERY hopeful!

11 years ago

Welcome greensparkles and sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even imagine but there are some great ladies here to provide support if you need it.

Babydust to you, re@dy4baby...and I hate to hear how hard it has been for others. I'm on my 23rd cycle, haven't gotten to the point of IUI yet and I hope we don't but if we do, we do.

So, who is getting ready to test? We've had two BFPs today, woohoo!

11 years ago • Post starter

Greensparkles, welcome and I am terribly sorry for your loss. I had a m/c this past December and it was horrible but I was like you... I have to keep moving forward. GL!

re@dy4baby, Best of luck to you.. praying you get your miracle!

PBC, when do you find out about your prolactin levels? Just wondering if I missed that update! I need you to be one of the BFP this month so come on and bottom's up! :)

I go in the morning for a blood draw. Nervous and excited at the same time. My best friend called me tonight to ask about something else and asked me for any updates... it killed me to say nothing yet. I just promised DH we wouldn't tell anyone until we saw a heartbeat... ugh this is going to be the longest wait now. I have a feeling I will call her tomorrow and tell her after we hear from the doctor.

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Cristi - that brings me to something I often wonder about, when I do get pregnant, when would I tell people. I hate to assume bad things and not tell anyone until after week 12 but then again, I dont want to tell everyone and their momma and then something happen. But then again, its life and its not always puppies and unicorns. I am not a private person and I cant keep secrets so I would probably start telling people around 8 weeks. Who knows though, right?

Anyway, I get my TSH and prolactin tested on April 15th. If both are down, there should be no reason why I should be getting pregnant, unless something else is wrong. Based on my normal cycles, the drs think its the prolactin and hubby's lazy sperm. His dr said we would just do IUI in that case. I am a natural curious person so I have to know why I can't get pregnant and why prolactin is keeping me from doing so, I think too there isn't a lot of scientific studies about it other than it affecting ovulation. Maybe it still lets me ovulate, just not as strong, if thats even possible. Who knows....guess we will find out soon enough!

PBC, b/c of my 2 m/c years ago this last pregnancy (the one that ended in December) we decided only to tell family and our closest friends... now we have decided we will tell my son after I get a confirmation from the blood work tomorrow morning... and after crying to my DH about how horrible I felt about lying to Amanda, he agrees with me that I need to tell her tomorrow too. After that we won't tell anyone until we see the heartbeat.... then it will be our family and closest friends! At 12 weeks I am screaming it to the world! LOL! I am typically not that private of a person... the last pregnancy I forgot to tell one of my friends I had the m/c so she found out from me like 2 weeks later... I was so upset and stressed I forgot to tell her. I don't want that to happen again!

I hope you results all come back great and you get your bfp this month! How awesome would that be!?!?!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

I would shit bricks, LOL! I really can't imagine seeing those two lines. Not sure when we would tell the kiddos. I've talked to them all about the fact they will be having a little brother/sister at some point. Only the oldest knows we are trying and that I am having problems. The others don't need to worry about it. I will probably tell them after I feel confident things are going well. They actually lost a little brother before the youngest was born, and I don;t think it traumatized them but I still don't want to add any negativity if I can avoid it. I also am open with them and very sensitive that kids aren't as unaware as we think they are. This is going to be a big adjustment having their stepmom have a baby and having a half brother/sister (hopefully sister!) and I've been trying to create a safe place for them to talk about their feelings and build a good foot going forward so they don't get upset that they arent getting attention, etc. I've been very deliberate in how I approach things like this with them. They didn't chose for their parents to get divorced, for their dad to remarry, to have a step mom. Thankfully they love me and have accepted me into their lives.

Jeez, sorry I was kinda processing out loud there.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo