Community post

Discussion

More Than Ready to be a December Momma!

View Full Post

Staring a new forum for all of us from the past boards who are hoping and MORE than ready to be December moms!

I know the category says ttc my first, but it's for anyone ttc, whether you've been trying 1 day or 600!

Although my EDD would be Nov 30th, I'm not counting on getting my BFP this month.

I feel like we all know each other so well, but just in case, I (Lindsay) am 29 (30 in a couple weeks!!), DH is 34, trying for our first, his 4th! We've been actively trying since August 2011, recently diagnosed with a wonky thyroid and high prolactin levels. I am taking medicine for both and hope to get my BFP once both levels go down. I am not trying anything this month and just going to see what happens while I wait to get my levels retested in April.....

BUT, if for some reason I do get preggo, I would know on my birthday!!!!! Last year I moved into my first house, this year BFP??????

1246 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 1246 Replies | Last Page

Ingot my BFP at 10 DPO with my mc so I will maybe test on wed...I'm going to try to hold out until Thursday or even Friday but we all know how hat goes...lol...

User Image

11 years ago

Welcome xomandy, where are you in your cycle? GL for a Christmas babe.

Scooby - welcome aboard. Sorry that the 13itch got ya. GL at your appt. next week.

Soph- welcome! So you're from across the pond?! Love y'all's accents ;). Is hubs in the army/navy? Just curious :) GL and FX you this cycle

Sparkly - hey there. You will love it here. I love sharing with you gals throughout this journey and all the ups and downs. Plus I'm bored; I stopped working in Oct to be a full time housewife and mommy to be and there is only so much food network I can take! I do love cooking though, and get great nifty ideas and awesome recipes. Bottom line though, y'all keep me company!!
Where are you in your cycle?

Pbc - after season finale of The Bachelor tonight, it's on! (yeah i watch the silly show, it keeps me company even if it's trash lol) More BD'ing.
Give your DH a b12 and redbull or 5 hr energy, but don't give it to him too late! GL my fingersandtoes are crossed for you, hon

Oh yeah, Pbc - should I be concerned about my progesterone levels? I never discussed this with my ob/gyn. Is this something common that is fixed and BAM you then get preggo?

Katie - it only takes one time, girl! GL

Sweetnsour - I hope you get your BFP soon!

User Image

11 years ago

Hey ladies - If you don't mind I would love to do the same as what grantsmama is doing and shadow the forum and support my lovely friends I've made that helped me though my TTC journey and do what I can to support you all as well.

@katie2012 I agree: It only takes once and despite you having your M/C.. your body does know what to do and will do it again and sustain a healthy and perfect pregnancy just for you! We concieved BDing 2-3 days out from O.... all the other months we tried to get as much as wel could in and around O day but I think it's always the month that takes you by surprise!

11 years ago

Hi beatlesabbeyrd: He's in the army, hence being away a lot. We're meeting up for 48 hours this month though which will be on days 13-15 of my cycle which is normally 31 days so there is hope yet....

11 years ago

Lol I am too a Bachelor dork ;-) I can't stop watching even though I think most of it is staged!
I am so happy to have such an awesome support system, you ladies are amazing!

11 years ago

PBC, she is really being a 13itch today... almost nothing to holy crap where did that all come from back to almost nothing... been doing this all day... ugh! Maybe having just a few spermies to fight for the egg is better... maybe they were fighting so hard they were damaging each other before they could get to the egg! LOL! Okay I am crazy I know! I hope hope hope you get your bfp on your birthday!

beautiful, I hope and pray this is your cycle! FX and baby dust!

Janey, this will be our month! I am ready to see the BFPs flowing in! :)

matrixx, you will find that a few of the ladies on here already have the bfps but they still stick around! We go from board to board together! We are like a family and I would be lost without these ladies! Welcome to the board, best of luck to you!!!!!

bmoremom6, Hi there!!!! Welcome to the board! :)

beatles, you should write it down and look at it... imagine my reaction as a mother, I was flipping out! LOL... but now it has provided years of laughs! She is a 13itch! FX for you that you get lots of BDing in and this is your cycle.... your Christmas baby will be here soon! :)

xomandy, best of luck to you... your time is coming soon! I remember hitting the 7th month of ttc and thinking 'this is never going to happen' and being heart broken.... now at the 30th cycle and I have a fairly optimistic outlook, though I can't figure out why. LOL! Good luck!!!!

Scooby, welcome to the board though I am very sad to see you here! :( Hope you get some answers at your appointment!

soph1812, welcome to the forum and best of luck to you!!!!

sparkly, I know how hard it is to stay calm and go about your normal life! LOL! Best of luck to you and lots and lots of baby dust!

Katie, I agree with xomandy! My 13 year old happened with one time, because of my job I was away for 2 weeks... he happened right before I left! :) Don't give up... sending baby dust!

I LOVE Bachelor... I can't get away from it! LOL

AFM, the 13itch is confusing the crap out of me... one minute I think okay she is slowing down and then BAM here she comes again. UGH! She did that to me today when we were 2 hours from home today at my son's root canal appointment and boom she bled through... ugh really! GO AWAY!!!! Other than that I am doing good... just waiting and waiting and waiting.... Prayers and Baby dust to you all!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Hey ladies so I was thinking about adding so added help to me and DH baby making and I needed some advice if possible. I wanted to add preseed and evening primerose oil I would like to know has anyone tried these two things along with opking.

User Image

11 years ago

@bmore I used all of those products :)

You take EPO up until O day - I normally took mine from Cd1 to about CD10 or 11 and that increases the amount of CM you produce and aids in producing more of the fertile stuff in the window.

OPK's I would test with anwhere between 10am and 8pm depending on my loo needs that day. Try to hold for a decent amount of time. When I saw the OPK getting darker I would do a few a day to make sure I didn't miss my surge. Rule of thumb with OPK - once you get your first positive, you don't really need to test anymore because you O within 12-48 hours of your FIRST positive OPK. Some people don't alwyas ovulate keep in mind. Just BD it out as soon as you see those OPK's getting close to + and when they are + plus a few more days after that!

Preseed!!!! I love the stuff. You don't need to use nearly the amount that the package says because it is very slippery! It definitely has a great feel to it though, natural. If you use the recommended 3g you will be in for a water slide BD session. I generally used .5-1g and sometimes that was too much. Lasted me 3 cycles I think? It's made to be the right osmolarity and pH for sperm to travel and survive in. Also contains antioxidants for sperm survival as well though. It also helps nuetralise the vaginal cavity.

Good luck on your baby making journey! I think if anything, preseed and OPK's! I swear by preseed. Worked cycle #2. I did also use softcups. Lined a little preseed in the softcup just after BD and put it in. Secret I think was having DH "finish" me once more without penetration while we had the little guys pooled right around the cervix - that way they all get sucked up and pumped towards the tubes.

11 years ago

@Pbc: Thats what i was thinking as well. Though never thought to ask if the ra can affect my hormone levels so may find out when i go see my dr for my xray and blood results. I know i can get a slight fever and feel urgh when im having a flare up so i guess it is possible my hormones are affected. Fx'd you caught the egg this time and you get your birthday bfp :)

@Christi: Thanks hun. I am hoping too. Even if right now its more so my ra can go into remission and im relatively pain free!!! Hope the witch settles down for you soon and stops messing you about :)

@Beatles: Thanks hun. Praying i dont have to go back onto prednisone but may be my only choice in the long run. Though low dose is fine during ttc/pregnancy but can alter ovulation days etc. Hmmmm lol. Baby dust to you this cycle :)

@xomandy: Welcome to the board hun. I followed you a bit on the nov board as well. Baby dust for you this cycle and you get your bfp

@Scooby: Welcome to the board. I hope you get some answers etc when you go to your appointment. Good luck

@soph: Welcome and good luck. Hope that you get your bfp soon

@Sparkly: Welcome also :) I know how you feel about getting carried away during the tww. After a few cycles you should start to differentiate between normal symptoms for the tww and anything new. But even then it can still be hard. Good luck and baby dust

@Katie: 8dpo is a bit early to be calling this cycle over. Its not over until af shows up. Maybe test in a few days as if you are pg, it gives the hcg a chance to build up in ya system. fx'd and baby dust to you

Afm, cd8 and af has stopped and gone so now just getting into the bd'ing schedule as much as i can and ill be starting the opks about cd13. Looking to o around cd18 going by average cycle length and lp length. Please bring me my bfp this month so i can also quit worrying and also enjoy a relatively pain free few months from my ra lol. Plus, it will stop me feeling jealous about hearing and seeing on facebook people i went to school with or my younger sister went to school with (2 years younger) finding out they are pregnant with their 2nd/3rd child and im still trying for my 1st.

11 years ago

Thanks Yummy you gave me some very good insight! And also

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo