Community post

Discussion

More Than Ready to be a December Momma!

View Full Post

Staring a new forum for all of us from the past boards who are hoping and MORE than ready to be December moms!

I know the category says ttc my first, but it's for anyone ttc, whether you've been trying 1 day or 600!

Although my EDD would be Nov 30th, I'm not counting on getting my BFP this month.

I feel like we all know each other so well, but just in case, I (Lindsay) am 29 (30 in a couple weeks!!), DH is 34, trying for our first, his 4th! We've been actively trying since August 2011, recently diagnosed with a wonky thyroid and high prolactin levels. I am taking medicine for both and hope to get my BFP once both levels go down. I am not trying anything this month and just going to see what happens while I wait to get my levels retested in April.....

BUT, if for some reason I do get preggo, I would know on my birthday!!!!! Last year I moved into my first house, this year BFP??????

1246 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1071 - 1080 of 1246 Replies | Last Page

byfaith, welcome!

mandy - boo! Hopefully it's just a faulty test? I know it's nice to have a plan, though, if the witch does show up.

Cristi - today IS test day, but just progesterone levels. I'm assuming they won't want me to test at home at all (so that my body doesn't pick up anything from the trigger shot), but I'm not sure. Hopefully will know more tomorrow; I'd assume they'll give me results from today and then let me know what the next step is. I would guess they'll probably bring me in for a blood test next week sometime. *Insert nauseated face here* - I can't even think about it, it makes me SO. DAMN. NERVOUS.

On another happy/ unrelated note (I've had a few lately!), lost 3.4 pounds between last week and this - and before anyone tells me that that is too much for a week, I only lost 0.8 last week (right after Easter), so I think I was still retaining a lot of salt & water. 4.2 pounds over 2 weeks isn't bad I've officially lost 29.4 pounds and am back into a smaller size than my "normal" sized clothes - put on some size 13 khakis this morning and they FIT! WAHOO!

Anyway. Happy Wednesday, everyone! Think nice thick uterine lining thoughts for me, ok?

User Image

11 years ago

Hey Ladies ....

@Mandy - U not out yet hunny .... I too have been stalking the NY Board :-) we are both our own enemies though and don't take our own advice! Glad you being so upbeat about moving on and getting tests done though ...

@Cristi - you are truly an inspiration .... I am so pleased all the results are looking so good and healthy and sticky for you!

@Carla - i hope you have a "gift" and its not actually a dream ...

Also - reading all the posts from you ladies in the US is really interesting for me as a UK person ... as so far everything that I have done is free - well on the NHS - so I have inadvertently paid for it through taxes etc .... its only if we go private is when we have to start spending .... that said - I don't get to go and have bloods and tests and scans etc done when I want them!

AFM - today is my Birthday - yeah! 39 today ... not yeah ... No AF came yesterday or so far today - Yeah! but feel like its coming - not yeah .... took an internet cheapie and nothing ... not yeah ....
You sorta guessing how I'm feeling today ... yup - like a rollercoaster!

How's everyone else doing today ....

11 years ago

@ Christi - thank you.

TO ALL -
idk how many of you have followed my last two posts, but I need some advice here....

So I'm 17 DPO, (norm 28 day cycle) period is now about 6 days late. Yesterday morning I was pretty convinced this was it, December baby, I had some small spots of brown discharge for the day or so prior, but no sign of AF. Then, yesterday I went to the bathroom and expelled (TMI ALERT) two dime sized pinkish/red muscusy clots, so I thought AF was coming and I was out this month. Put in a tampon, went to take it out last night, and there was just a spot of brown discharge on it again. So still no real AF! Don't have anything in now, no discharge/spotting this morning....

So do you guys think I'm out or in? Yesterday morning I had a BFN, and wouldn't it be too late to get one now, anyway? I'm so confused, this is so out of the realm of normalcy, especially since when AF rears its ugly head, my period is extremely heavy for the first 1-2 days....and all Ive had is the two 'clots' and some brown spotting....

I'll take all the advice I can get on this one! Gonna probably call the doc and try to schedule bloodwork or an exam for next week? Not sure what to do.

11 years ago

What the *** is my ticker saying now ....that will teach me to play ....

11 years ago

Liz - if it's abnormal for you (which sounds like it definitely is), I'd get right on calling my doctor to get blood drawn. It's hard to say what's going on, I know for some women I know it took til almost 5 weeks for a BFP to show up on an HPT. At least then you'll know either way!

User Image

11 years ago

Thanks everyone for all the Congrats! I'm wishing everyone on here lots of and

User Image

11 years ago

nsking - congrats on that achievement! A size 13, I seriously havent seen that since I was like 14, one day, one day.

wiggy - yes a totally different system but a lot of insurance companies here won't pay for all the tests and bloodwork, most will but there are those that just SUCK! Also, then you have limits on services. I DO know that our maternity leave in this country SUCKS, we get no paid maternity leave and its a joke. This country is all about family values but doesnt allow moms to spend quality time with our new babies. Not that I am complaining about the US and all that, just one little complaint that it something we could work on. Oh and Happy Birthday!

lizpickone - you are still in until there is a flow, then I would consider it AF.

Hoping AF doesnt show up the rest of us waiting. Nothing new on my end, 4 DPO, mildly sensitive nipples, nothing unusual. Feet feel like they are burning and of course it freaked me out and I'm sure its related to my thyroid or circulation problems from my swollen ankle. Who knows, I am out of shape and can't start eating healthy and exercising once I am done with school.

11 years ago • Post starter

Just got back from Walgreens and bought my first ever pack of OPK test strips (20 pack) it says they are good for 30 days once opened. Here we gooooo. What is the opinion when to test today/this evening? Hugo won't be home from work until after 7, so....

User Image

11 years ago

Happy birthday Liz, hope you enjoy the day.

PBC - I can't complain about maternity leave, the government just increased it from 2 months to 3 months. I"m very happy about that.

I'm feeling terrible right now. My stomach feels so upset, I'm trying to resist throwing up. I'm at work and I don't want to draw attention to myself. I also have back and hip pains and I had some cramps earlier. I better be pregnant. I'm half tempted to test but I don't want to see a BFN.

11 years ago

WooHoo! Dr called and we have a GAME PLAN! :-) Got my slip for blood work on CD3 and when the witch makes her grand entrance in the next couple days I will set up my appointment for my ultrasound to make sure my follicles are nice and pretty! AND my lovely husband has agreed to go ahead and get his blood work done and get a semen analysis just to make sure his stuff is nice and pretty too..

I don't think I have ever been so excited to get my cycle.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo