Community post

Discussion

More Than Ready to be a December Momma!

View Full Post

Staring a new forum for all of us from the past boards who are hoping and MORE than ready to be December moms!

I know the category says ttc my first, but it's for anyone ttc, whether you've been trying 1 day or 600!

Although my EDD would be Nov 30th, I'm not counting on getting my BFP this month.

I feel like we all know each other so well, but just in case, I (Lindsay) am 29 (30 in a couple weeks!!), DH is 34, trying for our first, his 4th! We've been actively trying since August 2011, recently diagnosed with a wonky thyroid and high prolactin levels. I am taking medicine for both and hope to get my BFP once both levels go down. I am not trying anything this month and just going to see what happens while I wait to get my levels retested in April.....

BUT, if for some reason I do get preggo, I would know on my birthday!!!!! Last year I moved into my first house, this year BFP??????

1246 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

551 - 560 of 1246 Replies | Last Page

So sorry for all those that got AF, ...I know exactly how you feel...hope we all get out little miracles ASAP......keeping my fingers and toes for all of us waitting to O or test!!.,

User Image

11 years ago

So sorry for the ladies who got AF... :( She is due in about 5 days for me and it is all I can do to not run out today during lunch to buy a test. Must...stay...strong...

11 years ago

Hi girls this forum is so busy I cant keep up wit you all
Pbc thanks so much for the good wishes sending lots of baby dust and good wishes your way

Wiggy your rome story was so funny I must try that next time I there

Afm nothing to report just getting ready for mu bd'ing marathon next week
sticky_vibes]
Good wishes to all

User Image

11 years ago

So after all my complaining about not wanting to go to my sis in laws gender reveal party there won't be one. They went in for US this am and no heartbeat 20 weeks I think. They are inducing tomorrow. I feel so terrible.

Me 27 Hubs 34 TTC #1 since May 2012 2 rounds with cervical cancer and removals of tissue, high risk hpv + 5 CPs/ early miscarriages 3 failed rounds of Clomid Went to the RE 1 failed round of Femara 1 failed IUI with Femara HSG Clomid + Femara, trigger, IUI- we shall see User Image

11 years ago

Thanks so much for the support everyone! It really means a lot and I am glad to have such a supportive group of friends. Felurian - I printed out the links and read them last night. Very informative. Thank you!

Well I go back at 2 for an internal ultrasound! See how that goes.... then where to go from there. I told her I was 12 DPO and she said that it is still too early for a blood test? Is that true? I may mention it again when I go back, and she will also discuss with me other options if I get the all clear with the ultrasound.

I'll update later this evening when I know more (hopefully).

User Image

11 years ago

@Bama.. I am so very sorry for their loss. My two miscarriages were both by 8 weeks, I can't imagine at 20 weeks what that must be like. My cousin lost hers at 15 weeks and what I seen her go through emotionally was one of the hardest things to see.
So sorry, my heart and prayers are with them.

11 years ago

Oh no bama thats so awful im so sorry

User Image

11 years ago

Good Luck Beatles and yes, please do let us know what you find out.

11 years ago

So what is the baby aspirin for in TTC and when do you do it. Also how bout the immune suppression. What and when and for how long? Anyone used vitex. I think it's helped me. But I've seen mixed reviews on keeping it up after a BFP

Me 27 Hubs 34 TTC #1 since May 2012 2 rounds with cervical cancer and removals of tissue, high risk hpv + 5 CPs/ early miscarriages 3 failed rounds of Clomid Went to the RE 1 failed round of Femara 1 failed IUI with Femara HSG Clomid + Femara, trigger, IUI- we shall see User Image

11 years ago

Bama....that is awful....and I know exactly how you feel. It's so hard to process and wrap your mind around. My SIL went through 2 MCs last year....I bawled both times she told us she was pregnant (not in front of her, of course), and then felt like a complete horse's ass both times she MCd. Prayers with you and your family.

Baby aspirin....supposed to help your uterine lining be stronger, or something like that. From a quick google search:

"Baby aspirin, or low dose aspirin in a dosage of 81mg per tablet, is beneficial to fertility. You should consider the benefits of aspirin, especially if you have suffered from a miscarriage. But even if you haven't, taking the aspirin can still be beneficial in helping to prevent some future miscarriages. Some miscarriages are caused by a poorly lined uterus. Some are caused from the presence of antiphospholipid antibodies. These are proteins which appear to be related to coagulation problems -which can cause recurrent fetal loss. This happens when there is a disruption in the placental blood flow, due to clotting. The aspirin reduces the risk of clotting.

As for helping with the utering lining, it is believed that aspirin helps with the blood flow to the ovaries and uterus. Though this has not been fully researched, taking an aspirin a day certainly cannot hurt.

Some doctors will okay taking low dose or baby aspirin in pregnancy, though the majority will not. Ask your doctor, as soon as you become pregnant, as to whether or not to continue with the aspirin. It doesn't matter what brand of aspirin you choose, as long as it has no more than 81 mg per tablet. This will be in either the chewable baby aspirins, or in the adult low dose aspirin. The tablets are very small and easy to swallow. You only need to take one tiny pill per day to reap the benefits. Taking one low dose or baby aspirin (81 mg) a day is a good thing to add to the supplements you are already taking. If you are suspicious about miscarriages, or have suffered from them in the past, ask your doctor about aspirin.

About 15% of immunological causes involve women who produce antibodies that indirectly cause clotting in blood vessels that lead to the developing fetus. The fetus is deprived of nutrients and dies in utero, which triggers a miscarriage. The good news is that there is now treatment for this condition, with the aid of aspirin, heparin (an anticoagulant), and corticosteroids."

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo