Community post

Discussion

Trying for 6 months or more! Join me!

Almost a year ago, my fiance and I decided to try for a baby - his 4th my 1st. We were planning our wedding the next month so we figured why not just go ahead and start. I figured I would be pregnant in a month or two. I was wrong!

A year later, here I am, not pregnant and growing more impatient and disheartened each month. Now, to be fair, I have't tried 100% each month. Last month we didn't try at all. Of course that was the cycle I was 4 days late, WHICH NEVER HAPPENS, and after 4 negative tests, AF came. I didn't like the feeling of just not trying and hoping something would happen, but you have to try a little to get a result.

This month, I feel as motivated as ever.

Would love to chat with those of us that have been trying for a while and share ideas with new things we can try!

9 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

Hi, I know how u feel. I've been trying to conceive since Jan 1st. We don't have any children and I've never been pregnant. I thought ttc would be a piece of cake. Cause people sure make it look easy. Boy were we wrong. Jus began my ninth cycle yesterday. Have tried so many things but no luck yet. Looking forward to corresponding with you as we both eagerly await our BFP's.

After 6 years TTC with MFI number 1 was born December 12 2018

11 years ago

What all have you tried? I've tried OPKs, tried to take my temp, but I kept forgetting each morning.

This time I am going to try taking generic Robitussin to help with my cervical mucus and will probably use OPKs again. I've also wanted to try PreSeed, so I may use that as well.

11 years ago • Post starter

I've tried preseed, soft cups, green tea, OPK's, hip elevation after BD,male fertility pills, BBT monitoring.I've jus ordered fertilitea and fertility blend for hubby. My next step would be a semen analysis then the HSG dye test to make sure my tubes are open. I'm even considering starting clomid, even though I ovulate around CD16-17.

11 years ago

Dh and I have been trying for a year and a half. Thanks for starting this thread! It's nice to have others to talk to about this. I'm 24 and DH is 26.

We have tried red raspberry leaf tea and a vitamin called NF-X. I've heard alot of good things about it but I think I took it at the wrong point in my cycle. I think we will try that again if I'm not pregnant this month.

I had a MC last November so I have been pregnant before. I think I got pregnant by taking mucinex for a cold. I can't wait to be pregnant again!!!

Baby dust to us all :)

11 years ago

I have used OPKs and that's about it! I have a very regular cycle so I am relatively sure I ovulate around the same time each month.

I was supposed to have a visit with my new dr - had to switch b/c my old one left the practice and was going to discuss the year of trying, but I had to find another doc b/c that one was retiring! I hope she doesnt tell me to just lose weight! It would be nice to have some testing done on me and my DH to make sure everything is working how it should. I have a feeling that we are just off timing wise.

I can't believe it's been a year, actually a year today when we first decided and started actively trying. I did stop taking BC and it did mess up my cycle for a month, but I bounced right back to normal soon after. Several women I know have gotten pregnant right after a year. It's truly amazing how long it can take sometimes, but at least it is all worth it!!!!!

Well I'm 25 and DH is 31. This cycle I'm trying fertilitea and fertilty blend for him. Bbt is good for pinpointing ovulation so will use that also along with the OPK's.

11 years ago

We've been trying since last October, and more seriously since January. We are in our late 30's and trying for our first. Like you, each cycle I'm not pregnant brings it's ups and downs of emotions.

We decided to join the AMIGOS study, which was offered to us by our fertility doctor and is available to couples with "unexplained infertility." We joined the study Aug. 1st and were pulled from it Aug. 7th due to a serious adverse reaction I experienced from the study drug. We'll know for sure next week but they think I received Clomid (versus Fumara, the other treatment arm we could have been randomized too). Long story short, we were allowed to complete this cycle of study care and observation, which included an IUI. Thank goodness my ovary responded to the four days out of five I received the Clomid (3 follicles matured) and I was given the go ahead to have my husband give me the trigger shot required 36 hrs. before the IUI was performed. I had the IUI on Sunday and now all we can do is wait.

However, I also, back in May started regular acupuncture treatments for fertility, which I find extremely helpful in achieving a sense of peace, among this roll coaster ride I find myself on. I don't know how valid acupuncture is in the overall outcome of helping me to conceive, but I find it very relaxing, so I keep going. I had never had acupuncture care before this time. If you haven't tried it and have the resources, I strongly encourage it for the deep relaxation it brings. It's quite amazing.

Are you currently doing anything to improve your chances of conceiving from month to month?

11 years ago

My DH and I have been trying for 2.5 years. I know each month we didn't actually BD at the right time, so not all the months really count, but it's frustrating. We had a miscarriage at 10 weeks last October. And we have an amazing son who will be 3 soon. I really want to have another one before he gets too old and they are too far apart in age! My DH and I are both in our 30's. We have tried BBT, OPKs, PreSeed, Acupuncture for me, DTD everyday, DTD every other day, DTD every third day....I feel like I'm losing my mind and I swear everyday I meet a new pregnant person. And then I feel like a bad person for being jealous, granted I have no idea what they went through...but they are having a baby and I'm not! Great to have others to talk to who know what it's like.

11 years ago

Of course every single day, a new pregnant person/friend/co-worker emerges.

I keep going from wanting to try super super hard to not wanting to try and let it happen. It feels like each month, sometime comes up and stresses me the heck out! I think my key is to start working on my lifestyle, eating habits, etc. and then try to calm the stress to a reasonable level.

I'm going to start taking the generic cough medicine to help with my CM, I will start taking that tomorrow. I usually have decent EWCM but it doesnt last long at all. Last month, I didn't even have any.

It would be great to get pregnant on my own without any treatments or interventions, but that just might not be the case.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo