Community post

Discussion

More Than Ready to be a December Momma!

View Full Post

Staring a new forum for all of us from the past boards who are hoping and MORE than ready to be December moms!

I know the category says ttc my first, but it's for anyone ttc, whether you've been trying 1 day or 600!

Although my EDD would be Nov 30th, I'm not counting on getting my BFP this month.

I feel like we all know each other so well, but just in case, I (Lindsay) am 29 (30 in a couple weeks!!), DH is 34, trying for our first, his 4th! We've been actively trying since August 2011, recently diagnosed with a wonky thyroid and high prolactin levels. I am taking medicine for both and hope to get my BFP once both levels go down. I am not trying anything this month and just going to see what happens while I wait to get my levels retested in April.....

BUT, if for some reason I do get preggo, I would know on my birthday!!!!! Last year I moved into my first house, this year BFP??????

1246 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1031 - 1040 of 1246 Replies | Last Page

So happy to hear some good news!

Sweet - yeah even if I did, I plan to stay around, it would be a bitch move to be like, "got my BFP, seeya!" I don't work like that. But now that I posted this stuff about progesterone, I'm starting to think my thyroid and prolactin is affecting that, but I've been taking b6 and selenium so I hope it help!

11 years ago • Post starter

Hey chicks -- thanks for all the responses to my question the other day. My follow up went well. Nothing to worry about with the cyst on my right ovary; they generally disappear in 6-12 weeks and do not cause any fertility issues. Then we discussed my uterus, which she said I have something called an Arcuarte uterus, also known as "heart shaped" but that she would classify mine as very mild and should pose no threat to fertility. So everything was good news!

I will be ovulating this weekend and I am going to pick up some OPK's and start using them tomorrow. When is the best time to use them and how often per day? I asked doc what kind, and she said to go with the more pricey; they tend to work much better/clearcut when determining pos vs neg.

Someone said Answer brand? Any others?

Hope everyone is doing well! I will be hopping over to the New Years board, but will continue checking here.

User Image

11 years ago

For what it's worth, my OBGYN said progesterone levels over 15 (blood taken 7 DPO, not necessarily CD 21) means I ovulated correctly. My RE said anything over 10 is good. So I'd say 10-15 is a good indication; that lines up with all the research I've done. I actually go for that check tomorrow....anxious to make sure that I did ovulate correctly and learn what the next step is. I'm afraid to even buy any HPTs, but hopefully they'll just bring me back in next week for another blood draw.

Ugh. Just typing that makes me nauseous. I want this so bad. I want a baby, I want to be a mom!!!

firsttimer, to you!! About time we had another around here. Blow some of that our way, will ya!??!

beatles - I've read anywhere between like 10 am and 8 pm, just do it at the same time everyday (don't use FMU). I usually did mine when I get home from work, around 4:30 or 5pm. And make sure to not drink a lot in the couple hours beforehand; too much liquid could dilute the results. They may be cheapies, but early-pregnancy-tests.com has good ones that I like using (if you buy more than 10 they're about $1/ each) - and I've never had any issues. There's never really any questions, the only thing you have to remember is that when it comes to a PT, a line is a line & that means positive. On an OPK, the test line has to be as dark as or darker than the control line.

Going. Crazy. I need this TWW to be OVER....with a good result, of course!!

User Image

11 years ago

@firsttimer ... Congratulations !!!

@sweet ... Thanks for posting the link to the New Years board .... I'll be there soon to keep u company x

Afm ... Witch not here yet ....

And if I here one more comment of JUST RELAX I will show them what really relaxing is about when I relax them ..... !!! Sorry ... Rant over for another day ...

11 years ago

Beatles - nsking nailed it...the only thing I have to add is LH levels are higher in the afternoon and evening (that's why no FMU)

This might have been the greatest two weeks TO wait b/c I am working on my final paper to graduate and my presentation and another huge project so I totally forgot, I mean duh I know I am in the TTW but I'm sure in another ten days when AF should come, I won't even member.

11 years ago • Post starter

firsttimer - congrats!! . That is so exciting and gives me hope!

pbc - as usual, thank you for the information on progesterone. Very informative and helpful! Still keeping my fingers and toes crossed you get your December baby!

Wiggy - hang in there...I am hoping that the BFN is just a fluke and that you actually are pregnant!

Carla - don't give up hope yet! We are pretty much on the same schedule and I want to see us both get our BFP's this month.

Cristi - those numbers sound very promising! Yay!!

AFM - I am approximately 9dpo and I made the huge rookie mistake of testing yesterday in the late afternoon (so stupid!) and of course it was a BFN. Well, at least I got that out of my system and now feel like I can wait a little longer to test! I still have tender bbs and had some mild cramping this morning that felt like AF and I also have lots of cm...I normally don't have that before AF so I am still keeping my Fx'd that I will have a December baby!

Baby dust to all!!!

11 years ago

Hi I'm Jen, I'm 28 (b.h. is 35) I'm 9DPO (sitting looking at the first response test and knowing I should put it away till the weekend). First month trying, would love a December baby which would be due Christmas Eve (just like his/her grand dad). Weirdest 9 days of my life just felt weird 2 days after ovulating and been obsessed with symptom guessing ever since. Breast definitely tender, unusual but not too painful crapping and was bursting into tears randomly yesterday (which really isn't me!). Still can't help thinking it is all in my head though!

Best of luck to everyone in the December forum , hope you all get your Christmas presents :-)

11 years ago

Cramps Cramps and more Cramps!!! Cramps I NEVER have or much less felt before! Anywho, if the witch comes I am prepared for testing so BRING IT ON!

11 years ago

I'm out ladies

I was 3 days late, finally tested and BFN. Then BAM! the witch showed this afternoon.

On to January I go. Good luck to everyone still in the running.

11 years ago

Lol pbc "bitch move" yea as soon as I get my bfp I'm gonna bail. Lol I'm being sarcastic. Oh goodness I hope no one bails! I've been taking b6 as well as co-enzyme q10 even though I'm only 21 but who knows! Whatever helps fertility I'll try it!

Congrats firsttimer on your bfp! Hope this one sticks :)

Wiggy- yea its been kinda slow going on the january board, that's why I'm over here once in awhile to keep up with everyone :)

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo