Community post

Discussion

More Than Ready to be a December Momma!

View Full Post

Staring a new forum for all of us from the past boards who are hoping and MORE than ready to be December moms!

I know the category says ttc my first, but it's for anyone ttc, whether you've been trying 1 day or 600!

Although my EDD would be Nov 30th, I'm not counting on getting my BFP this month.

I feel like we all know each other so well, but just in case, I (Lindsay) am 29 (30 in a couple weeks!!), DH is 34, trying for our first, his 4th! We've been actively trying since August 2011, recently diagnosed with a wonky thyroid and high prolactin levels. I am taking medicine for both and hope to get my BFP once both levels go down. I am not trying anything this month and just going to see what happens while I wait to get my levels retested in April.....

BUT, if for some reason I do get preggo, I would know on my birthday!!!!! Last year I moved into my first house, this year BFP??????

1246 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

991 - 1000 of 1246 Replies | Last Page

Well ladies the results are in... my Beta came back at 68.65 (Friday was 15.9).... so that is 4 times what it was! They have now scheduled my early u/s to check everything out... that is for next Thursday the 18th... because of my history.... maybe we will see a hb maybe we will have to wait another 2 weeks.... hoping not the later! Thought I would give you all an update!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Cristi im so happy for you!!!! Cant wait to hear about your ultrasound next week...

Afm the re said to call if af doesnt start but this morning i started spotting dark brown... not much since then but ill wait and see what happens in the next few days... dh and i are trying to decide if we want to do another iui cycle or just try to get financed for ivf...

11 years ago

@Christi, YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH :-)

11 years ago

Cristi - wahoo!! That is great news! I can't wait to hear how your u/s goes next week. And yeah, seriously....MIL makes me crazy. She's on the phone with DH as we speak; my SIL had a level 2 sonogram done today at IU in Indianapolis; her u/s a couple of weeks ago showed possible signs of....crap. Something. Something 8....anyway, at this stage of the pregnancy it's more than likely nothing (she's like 20 weeks), but her doctor wanted her to be sure.....so of course DH's Mom is the one calling DH to let us know.......I'm glad and everything, but geez.

Jess - hang in there....how many DPO are you? You said you've had the scope done, right? FX that you don't even have to mess with the IVF talk

citind, I know how hard it is to not overthink every single twinge, fart (lol), headache, strange smell - and it's easier said than done, but just try putting it all at the back of your mind - I've found when I start tracking every single "symptom" I'm just getting my hopes too high. But I guess that's just me....after 18 months of no baby, I am kind of an eternal pessimist about the whole thing. My SIL said for her two first pregnancies that she just "knew" - and m/c both times. The baby she is pregnant with now she didn't even POAS until she was almost 9 weeks - she had no idea (since she never had a period after her last one, she wasn't tracking cycle days or anything). So - sometimes women have symptoms out the wazoo, and other times - nothing. It's infuriating!

So I've officially freaked myself out....I randomly was thinking earlier about how I take melatonin to help me sleep - about 1 mg per night. Everywhere I read says it's a big no-no (well, not a big no-no, but basically advises against it) when TTC/ pregnant. Which is fine and all....except I feel like I'm not going to sleep without it. I don't use it on the weekends, but almost always during the week, I do. HELP! Any other thoughts on how to get to sleep quickly?

User Image

11 years ago

Jess, I pray the witch doesn't show up!!! I know a girl that had to do 2 rounds of IVF and finally had a baby and then after that (without any assistance) got pregnant with twins! :) Whatever you decide we are all with you all the way!

Mandy, thanks dear! Feeling a lot better now!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Thanks nsking83 I will try to stop overanalyzing I do hate getting my hopes up too! Think positive!!! I will keep you in my prayers for sure ( sorry if u arent religious i do not in any way mean to be offensive!) But it will happen!! :) as far me I guess I Just have to calm down haha!

11 years ago

Yes just relax is so annoying to hear!
Me and my babe just got back from walmart he bought the preseed I sold him about.

@citind I've done two so far but I'm 11dpo I believe any who I bought two more I'm supposed to test tomorrow but I tested yesterday. I'm jusy like you I'm excited nervous anxious but after two negatives and now spotting brown discharge I don't know how to feel.

My babe said to take the dollar general test untill we get a positive then we will buy the big time test lol

11 years ago

@nsking I'm having the same ordeal, I was looking at every little symptom getting my hopes up. Also I don't take sleep medicine cause I too have seen a lot of reviews about stopping all unessicary medications. I was taking benedryl which doctors told my sister was perfectly fine. That helps

11 years ago

@Kohlertaylorash: I feel you on that, I got a negative this morning but just keep your hopes up I hear it just takes a while for that hormone to build up enough to detect! And hmm I havent had implatation bleeding so I have no idea if it would look like that but maybe? Let me know how it goes when you test tomorrow and dont freak yourself out too much stay positive ( although I am SO the worst at taking my own advice ah!) but good luck :)

since I assume ur on the sameish cycle time if you are testing tomorrow, any symptms ur noticing?

11 years ago

Citind...I'm Catholic, no worries! :) I need all the help I can get, so the prayers are appreciated!!

Preseed is good stuff...I always order mine off early-pregnancy-tests.com, I didn't know they had at Wal-Mart! It definitely has come in handy, especially during my Clomid cycles; I get so danged dry! Ugh.

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo