Community post

Discussion

More Than Ready to be a December Momma!

View Full Post

Staring a new forum for all of us from the past boards who are hoping and MORE than ready to be December moms!

I know the category says ttc my first, but it's for anyone ttc, whether you've been trying 1 day or 600!

Although my EDD would be Nov 30th, I'm not counting on getting my BFP this month.

I feel like we all know each other so well, but just in case, I (Lindsay) am 29 (30 in a couple weeks!!), DH is 34, trying for our first, his 4th! We've been actively trying since August 2011, recently diagnosed with a wonky thyroid and high prolactin levels. I am taking medicine for both and hope to get my BFP once both levels go down. I am not trying anything this month and just going to see what happens while I wait to get my levels retested in April.....

BUT, if for some reason I do get preggo, I would know on my birthday!!!!! Last year I moved into my first house, this year BFP??????

1246 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

101 - 110 of 1246 Replies | Last Page

Hey Cristi and Pbc Hope all is well and Moving along! Im wishing all the ladies of this forum This is our Month!!!!!

User Image

11 years ago

Beatles...re the progesterone, I wouldn't worry about it unless you have the signs of low progesterone, which I'm not sure what they are as far as I know, I don't have any problems with it. I think some women find out they have low progesterone via dr visits, lab work and certain fertility issues such as one or more miscarriages. ANother way women can tell if they have low progesterone is through a luteal phase defect, when the LP is shorter than 10 days. I know many women throughout my time on the forums have expressed low progesterone and ways to try to boost it, not sure all those ways (some ways are progesterone creams and suppositories as well has herbal/natural remedies such as B6). Others have wondered about levels so I thought I would post b/c I was curious.

Cristi - seriously why is she like that, mine does the same thing, like oh I'm leaving, no wait, just kidding...ugh. I hope she decides that staying is a bad decision, she needs a 9 month break, maybe go on holiday to the Caribbean or something????

bmoremom6 - I agree with yummy 100% about OPKs and pre-seed, and she is right, too much and it is a mess...I did however use 3g of it the last couple of times and it wasn't too bad during, after was like Niagara Falls

Beautiful - I keep having people I know that are 10 years younger than me getting knocked up without being in a stable relationship or any stability. Ugh!

Hope everyone else experiencing AF don't get too upset with her, she doesn't know how much pain she causes! For everyone getting ready to O, happy baby making! For everyone in the ttw, sigh, its so long!

11 years ago • Post starter

yummy - hope everything is going well!!!!!

Hi ladies, how are you?...I think I might have come back with a UTI From my vacation...I never had one but I'm totally sure I defnitly have it now....I'm super busy with work this week so I can't even get in to see my gyno. Would my regular doc be able to give me something for it ? Or does it have to be a gynecologist?..also do you ladies know of anything I can do while I wait to see someone?any tricks? ...thanks!!!lotsband lots of baby dust!!

User Image

11 years ago

Cranberry pills or AZO.. Yes any family doctor can test you for it and prescribe you antibiotics..

11 years ago

Are the cranberry pills safe if I am pregnant?

User Image

11 years ago

Any doc can treat a UTI, well you know, ER doc, internal medicine, family doc, gyn. I think the cranberry pills are safe, they should be all natural. Any meds described by a doctor may not be, so ask if you go that route. I had a bad kidney infection last Feb, went to the ER and they only gave my antibacterial meds. UTIs and such are the worst! Hope it gets better :)

Sorry Katie, I'd think any MD could treat a UTI. I hear cranberry juice or pill form helps. Hope you feel better.

Question I am CD12 and having some watery and some lotiony CM. I know they say the most fertile is when you have EWCM, but does that also mean when you have EWCM that that is your actual ovulation day? Like for instance, if I get EWCM tomorrow CD 13 (like I did last cycle) and no more of it on CD 14, so then my ovulation day was CD 13, correct? But then a few times in the past I've had EWCM for two cycle days (day 13 and 14) so would I then be correct to assume the second cycle day was my Ovulation day, CD 14? I mean, you can only actually Ovulate for one day, right; even though you are technically fertile for several days, but just ONE Ovulation day, no?

Any insight knowledge or opinions welcome. Just testing my own knowledge... or lack there of.

User Image

11 years ago

Found this online maybe it will help....

When does Ovulation take place?
Ovulation takes place, on average, about two weeks before your period, though it can vary from 10-16 days before the onset of menstruation depending on the length of your luteal phase. During an â??averageâ?? 28 day cycle, ovulation is usually expected to take place between cycle days 13-15. Based on this guideline, many women are taught to expect ovulation around day 14 of their menstrual cycle. Many women, however, do not have average cycles and even those who usually do may see irregularities from time to time.

A typical menstrual cycle may be anywhere from 21 to 35 days according to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. Some women even notice cycles that are shorter or longer than this. Ovulation, then, may occur much earlier or later than typical guidelines suggest. For example, ovulation may occur on cycle day 23 during a cycle that is 35 days long for a woman with a 12 day luteal phase while ovulation may occur on cycle day 10 for a woman with a 24 day cycle and a 14 day luteal phase length. This variation among women and from cycle to cycle means that there is really no simple â??one-size-fits-allâ?? mathematical formula to calculate your ovulation date. However, it is possible to learn how to identify your own ovulation date and fertile signs by examining your fertility signals.

User Image

11 years ago

I think this is more of you were looking for, hope it helps!

Can I ovulate without detecting the stretchy white cervical fluid?

Ovulation can take place even if you do not notice the â??stretchy egg-whiteâ?? fluid that we assume accompanies ovulation. Every woman can experience her own type of cervical fluid, and not all are the same. Ovulation is assumed to take place on the day a woman has the most amount of wet fluid.

What does it mean if I have the stretchy cervical fluid on more than one day?

Many women can experience ovulation fluid a few days before ovulation actually takes place and can even have it after ovulation has finished. When women are studying their fluid to determine ovulation, they are looking for the 12-24 hour period that they had the greatest amount of wet fluid as the time that an egg is available for fertilization, although intercourse that happens on the few days before this can also result in pregnancy.

If an ovulation predictor test kit says positive, that means that I am for sure ovulating, right?

Ovulation predictor kits determine whether the luteinizing hormone (LH) is detected. The luteinizing hormone (LH) rises right before ovulation occurs. Therefore the kits are supposed to detect whether youâ??re going to ovulate but cannot ensure that you do ovulate.

Women may have a high level of the LH if they have certain conditions such as polycystic ovaries, premature ovarian failure (POF), or for women over age 40 who are experiencing perimenopause. Any of these conditions could result in a false positive result on an ovulation predictor test.

Can a woman ovulate more than once during each cycle?

A woman cannot ovulate more than once during each cycle, therefore she cannot get pregnant more than once during a cycle. Multiple ovulation can occur and is when two or more eggs are released in a single cycle. Both eggs are released during one 24 hour period and are responsible for the birth of fraternal twins. It is believed that this may occur in as many as 5-10% of all cycles but does not result in that many twins due to a type of miscarriage referred to as the â??vanishing twin phenomenon.â??

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo