Community post

Discussion

Trying to Conceive OVER a year...join me

I thought this was going to be easy. I was wrong. I thought at the six month mark, I'd get pregnant. No. I thought by month nine, I'd be pregnant. No. I thought by a year, I would be pregnant. No.

This is the 15th month we've tried and now is more wait and see. The last two months, I didn't care, but now I do.

I had an appt with my new doctor last month and she didn't seemed too concerned about me not being pregnant noting my regular periods. She referred me to an OBGYN since I was having trouble.

At this point, I've theorized the problem is low progesterone, a thyroid issues, or sperm problems. I have no evidence really for any of these...I just need a piece of mind. If something is wrong, I'd like to know.

Anyway, for those that have been trying over a year, please join me. Let's share new ideas, support and just advice to keep us going.

28 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 28 Replies | Last Page

Hi there!
My name is Jill and DH and I have been seriously trying for 13 months now. NPNT for almost 2 years! However, I know what a lot of my problems are. I have a great OBGYN and he has done lots of tests and tried lots of different meds to help - but still never seen a . I see a RE on Monday. I'm hoping that he can help - I've heard really great things about him!
Just so you know - my cycles are really regular with ovulation cd 16-17, a 14 day luteal phase, and cycles lasting 30-31 days depending on ovualtion. So just because your cycles are regular doesn't mean you can't have some issues. I have PCOS with insulin resistence and poor follicle development. Basically even though I ovulate every month - clearly a biphasic patter on my BBT chart - the egg is not mature and therefore not viable.
This is my third cycle using 50 mg of clomid to try to help those follicles grow. Last month I had a massive follicle and was told it was "over mature" - they thought it might be a cyst but I ovulated so I guess it wasn't?? Anyway they claim I may need a trigger shot to help my body release the egg sooner before it gets to big. I'm hoping that the RE will trigger me on Monday as I'll be CD 13!
I'm just glad we live in an age when there is sooo much to help people like us. 40 years ago couples just couldn't have kids and they never knew why. At least I know why and I can try to do something about it!!! I hope you have a great Dr and that they can find out what issues you and DH may have and treat them!!! Hopefully we both get our really soon!!!!!

Jill

11 years ago

Hi! My DH and I have been TTC for about 18 months. I have a blood test scheduled for tomorrow to check for pregnancy but I used a HPT this morning and it was a so I'm assuming I already know the answer. I have done 3 rounds of Clomid and this was my 4th round of Femara and 2nd IUI. Once the dr confirms the tomorrow we will be doing another IUI next cycle. I also have been on thyroids meds for about a month.

11 years ago

I just hope they start doing tests sooner than later. I do have blood work scheduled for the first week of November...hopefully all my levels will be normal. I've never had my thyroid checked but never really experienced any issues related to it...who knows though.

I also think I have a lot of stress and I know it really takes a toll on your body. I'm trying to find ways to de-stress, but it isn't easy. And even if I had no stress, the stress of not being able to conceive would be enough stress for me!

Mrs62610 - did they find a thyroid issue when you got checked out for ttc? my doctor noted my thyroid seemed big, but it has been this way the last 5 years that I've noticed, but again, I wasn't trying to conceive then!

11 years ago • Post starter

They have checked my thyroid periodically for the last 18 months and it has always been in normal range. (When I was a teenager I had problems with it so they keep an eye on it) Last cycle when I went in for the beta test they decided to check it again and my hormone was low. I now take 25mcg of levothyroxine.

User Image

11 years ago

Ahhh. Who knows what my levels are. I thought I had them tested several years ago but I didn't. Maybe nothing is wrong.

My DH is getting an appt set up for a semen analysis. It will be "easier" for him to get done than any tests I may have to do. Although he thinks all I need is a shot...I don't know why he thinks that. And maybe I do.

But I already see certain things that would help me get pregnant, better CM, better BDing around ovulation. I've used OPKs several times and know my general ovulation pattern.

I want to try Pre-seed but when I go to buy it, I'd rather spend $22 on something else.

11 years ago • Post starter

Glad to hear DH is willing to do the SA. It's an easy test so it's good to do one jsut to be sure there are no problems. If you haven't had your thyroid checked for several years then it wouldn't hurt to have it checked again. Mine went from normal in November 2011 to abnormal in September 2012.

I had a blood test done this morning and my drs office just called me and said it was negative. I should get AF Saturday or Sunday and I go for a baseline U/S on Monday. We will also discuss our options for this next cycle then.

11 years ago

Hello all...
My husband and I have been trying to get pg for around 4 years now...(off and on). We tried for several months to begin with no results so I decided to talk to my OBGYN. Because I have always had cycles that weren't very regular(they vary from 28-40 days) he decided to take a look. Come to find out I too have PCOS. We also did an SA on DH and he was in the normal range which meants....duh duh duuuuuh...it's all me :(

Started on Clomid, did 5 rounds of that...took a few month break, tried Femara for about 4 rounds....then decided I was done with pills for atleast a while. They were just making me crazy lol! For the next year or so, I tried to track my cycles and go back the au natural way....nothing.

Then, this last spring, I just was NOT feeling well at all. Every day I felt like poo...I was always tired and worn out. Scheduled an appt with my general physician...long story short I discovered I have hypothyroidism and insulin resistance. Then I learned how much this is all related to PCOS and my difficulty getting pg. (I was pretty frustrated that as commonly as these things are so related, why my OBGYN didn't test me for this, anyway). Since March I have been on synthyroid and Metformin...and I have had a regular, like clock work, cycle every month.

So atleast I feel as though there is hope now!! We have been actively trying again since May....no BFP yet :(

Right now I'm in TWW and so anxious. Every month I wait for symptoms like we all do...

11 years ago

Hello! It sounds like they finally got some things figured out. That's great! I hope you get your BFP soon, I can't imagine TTC for 4 years. It seems you are handling it well though. When do you test?

11 years ago

Mrs62610:
Well, I am handling things just fine now...took me a while to get here. For a while, every pregnant woman I couldn't stand lol!

My cycles run about 35 days, so AF isn't scheduled to come until the 27th. I'm 10dpo....not sure how long I will hold out until i POAS...

11 years ago

Most pregnant women annoy me! I'm working on getting past that though.

Good luck! Let me know how it comes out!

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo