Community post

Discussion

Trying to Conceive OVER a year...join me

View Full Post

I thought this was going to be easy. I was wrong. I thought at the six month mark, I'd get pregnant. No. I thought by month nine, I'd be pregnant. No. I thought by a year, I would be pregnant. No.

This is the 15th month we've tried and now is more wait and see. The last two months, I didn't care, but now I do.

I had an appt with my new doctor last month and she didn't seemed too concerned about me not being pregnant noting my regular periods. She referred me to an OBGYN since I was having trouble.

At this point, I've theorized the problem is low progesterone, a thyroid issues, or sperm problems. I have no evidence really for any of these...I just need a piece of mind. If something is wrong, I'd like to know.

Anyway, for those that have been trying over a year, please join me. Let's share new ideas, support and just advice to keep us going.

28 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 28 Replies | Last Page

Lol. The worst was last year when my best friend and sister were pregnant and delivered at same time!!!!! Ugh. It sucked. AF isn't scheduled until Friday. I'll see how long I can't wait to poas lol

11 years ago

I'm at the stage where I want to know what the world is wrong. Maybe nothing is wrong! I wish you all good luck!

I think since we've been trying about a million people have gotten pregnant.

I stopped tracking all things a couple months ago, but will probably start again. I always make a not of my EWCM and this month it came super late at CD 19, 20, 21. So I didn't even really try to hard b/c if there was any chance of a success the luteal phase would be about a week. My AF is scheduled for Sunday. Only about another month until my first appt with a OBGYN and perhaps starting to get answers/

Oh and my DH has to see a regular doc before a urologist to get his sperm tested. Which sucks b.c he has yet to find a family doctor.

11 years ago • Post starter

pbc... I truly know exactly what you're saying. Although I have a diagnosis it's still like, I'm doing everything I'm supposed to and nothing. Meanwhile everyone else is popping kids out like nothing! I hope you can find some answers. It's hard being patient.

By the way, my OBGYN wrote the prescription/recommendation for his sperm analysis. Maybe yours can do that?

11 years ago

Hey ladies! Sorry I haven't responded, I've been really busy that last couple of days. Finally got AF late Sunday afternoon. Had my baseline U/S yesterday and started my Femara this morning. We are adding in FSH injections this cycle and also doing another IUI. I go back for another U/S on the 31st to check the follicles then do Ovidrel and IUI.

How is everyone doing? I know how you girls feel about everyone else having kids like crazy! My SIL had her first baby, then when she was 3 months old my DH and I started trying, she is now 21 months old and she has a 4 month old little brother! It's my turn!

11 years ago

Well girls, I may be out this month :( I'm 14dpo and AF isn't scheduled until Friday but I tested this morning and got BFN! UGH~

Oh well....we shall see!

11 years ago

I dont think I have taken a test for several months, I know exactly the signs of AF at this point down to a tee.

I was doing some research on Pre-seed and ran across people that were using Canola Oil instead. Sounds crazy, right? But some study was done that test different methods for lubrication and Canola Oil was sperm friendly. I may try it though, the worst that could happen is no baby and perhaps a yeast infection. I don't necessarily have a problem with CM, I usually get good amounts of EWCM, but I do know there is such a thing as hostile CM. I don't know. At this point, I will try anything.

Learned today, another, ANOTHER pregnant woman at work. Sigh..

I've not heard that about canola oil. That is crazy. Let me know what you find out lol. Seems like every other woman I encounter is pregnant!!! It's hard not to be resentful when someone you know finds out they are....

11 years ago

Plus its hard when you see women getting pregnant like that and then unfit mothers, which I see a lot in my field - social services. I know all this stressing and trying will be worth it.

I just remember so vividly when we made the decision to try and how I thought I was going to get pregnant right away. Now, when I'm in the baby section of a store I just hurry by or I will get sad or angry.

Yep to all of that. How long did you say you've been trying!? I work in social services as well. It's hard seeing women everyday who could care less about there children. It ticks me off at times. What REALLY bugs me is other ppl whom have kids already tell me how I shouldn't stress or how they know I will get pregnant and not to worry.... Easy for them to say....

11 years ago

I think this was our 15th cycle, so not exactly 15 months, but how that equals out is about 12-13 months.

Im not as angry that something is wrong with me b/c I feel like I am fine and that my body is ok. Something though, in the back of my mind, says its my DH. Like, he had this kids and now we won't be able to have any of our own. We don't have proof. Obviously, he was able to have 3 kids, although the youngest is 8. He is a smoker (my DH, not the son, haha) and I know that is very bad for fertility. The silver lining is that if you cut down or stop, for men as an example, their sperm take 3 months to develop and become mature. I just hope he doesnt have an analysis and they say, nope, no sperm. I want to have a baby with him, not me and someone else's sperm. And I dont know if I would even use donor sperm.

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo