Community post

Discussion

Ttc in 2016

View Full Post

Welcome to anyone trying to conceive in 2016. Let's hope this will be the year full of
Blizzards of baby dust to everyone xx

2177 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 2177 Replies | Last Page

I got a CB OPK yesterday in preparation for this cycle. (on CD7 today) Wondering if i follow the direction exactly - like do i really start testing tomorrow on CD8? Seems early, but I guess it makes sense until i really get a handle on my cycles...

Also, i noticed a lot of people talking about order Wofondo testing strips because they are less expensive. Do they work with CBOPK?

Jandei, that Korean Ginseng tea sounds interesting...I got some red raspberry yesterday. Its pretty good. I guess i'll be off the green and black tea (and coffee) for the long haul. That sucks, cause if i can't have coffee I really liked black tea. oh well....

I got Ubiquinol supplements and extra folate to augment what is in my prenate vit. So what i am starting with is:

prenatal standard fare w/- 800mcg folic acid, 100UI Vit E, Vit D 400UI

extras:
Vit E supplement 400UI
Ubiquinol 100mg x 2
Vit D - 2, 500UI (what i have, but might lower it)
Folate 400mcg

I am trying to figure out the Vit Bs and Vit C now...

I already feel like a pill popper I guess i will see how this goes and adjust as I go and learn....

Thanks for all the help!

8 years ago

I was thinking progesterone test help you determine pregnancy but I guess not . Ugh the 2ww

8 years ago

Just wanted to add a quick note on the ginseng. The brand that is best is KGC. It's very expensive for tea but this is the one we use and see results. Never tried any other so hope they work as well. Ginseng tea is not very good on it's own so after experimenting with mixing it with different teas we found that adding it to lady grey tea is best.

While we're at it and talking about our men. Vit C is crucial for making sure their sperm is not clumped together so dh takes it too. He had a semen analasys that was great but they don't test for clumping so I figured why not.

lunardays I would start testing as early as cd8. That way you have full grasp on the cycle. It's easy to feel like we take too much but when you see the list on the back of a prenatal and to imagine taking everything separately that would seem like a ton so I try to look at it this way.

kerzie about the folic acid causing cancer. Thanks for this info. That's scary. I have to talk to my obgyn about it because I take a prescription prenatal so I can't really switch.

pinskter did you get the semen results yet? If not I was thinking maybe call the office and see what's going on and while you're at it you can ask about how clomid can affect the opk. I think I had a similar situation last month. opk showed pos for a few days in the row. Read it's normal but not sure about how it works while on clomid.

audnaz those sound like very promising symptoms! All the best! And to mrsdaniels too. Hope you get those bfps

8 years ago

Hiya kerzie, thank you for your help, ok got the right tea phew, no result yet, now 13 days :( docs said result not in and clinic wont give results over phone only send to doc, but I think they've lost it lol. OPK-I had a def pos on day 1 period and ever since, weird but will BD every other day if DH is up to it from tom -x-
Good luck to all

8 years ago

Pinkster that is a bit odd... may I ask what bran opk you use? Did you try another brand to confirm this?

8 years ago

No i haven't tried another, just internet cheapies dip sticks, gonna do a preg test tom morn just to make double sure Im not preg, read up and it says Clomid produces deformities in early pregnancy so hope Im not but also dont think I am, your prob right, might be faulty OPK's -x-

8 years ago

Hi all-Although not quite 40, I will be 39 in April. Just got married last August and we have been ttc for 6 months. After all the gynecological "check ups" it turns out I have endometriosis on one side, and a cyst on an ovary.
Did my first round of clomid (50 mg)this month with an IUI (post wash count was only 5 million)because I didn't want to waste any more time. To my complete surprise, my pregnancy strip is POSITIVE as of today, and I am 13dpo. I am thrilled. I had become very discouraged. My point in posting this is so that others do not get discouraged and think there is no hope. For any people who believe in the power of prayer (I DO!) I also said a 9 day Novena to be blessed with a pregnancy this month. I sincerely wish and hope for all of you to get your BFP! xo!

~Heather~

8 years ago

HDC1977 That's wonderful news! Thanks for sharing it's nice to hear a bfp story against the odds. I'm glad your prayer got answered. Enjoy this wonderful time!
Also if you don't mind me asking... How did you get diagnosed with endometriosis and what made you test for it? Did you have specific symptoms etc?

8 years ago

Wow congratulations HDC1977 & lovely to hear good news and thank you it gives us hope on the lowest days, I hope you enjoy your pregnancy and then your beautiful baby -x=

8 years ago

Congrats HDC1977
I hope we all get our BFP this cycle. I sent you a message btw

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo