Community post

Discussion

Ttc in 2016

View Full Post

Welcome to anyone trying to conceive in 2016. Let's hope this will be the year full of
Blizzards of baby dust to everyone xx

2177 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 2177 Replies | Last Page

Pink - Major congratulations are due!!! I know you are really excited.

Welcome to all the new members!

I hope everyone had a very nice Valentine's Day. We kept it low key. I am now waiting for that to show. She is due in a couple of days. I know she is on her way because I'm eating any and everything within arm's reach.

Wishing everone soon!

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/sticky_vibes.gif

8 years ago

Pinkster, that's wonderful news! Major How are you feeling? Any side effects from clomid?

Welcome all new ladies. We're growing stronger as a team

Kerzie, thank you. I'm thrilled for my sister in law. She's been through a lot and was given very low chances of conception. Her AMH levels were very bad and FSH we super high. Against all odds she got pregnant. That really gives me a lot of hope

Lacyrose, those really do sound like symptoms. I hope you update us soon with some good news!

Lunardays, I'm no expert as I'm still TTC but my advice with opks is to start with a digital like clearblue that shows you fertile days (flashing smiley) leading up to lh surge (still smiley) once you see a pattern in your cycle and you know around which day you o then I would use the internet cheapies that test for just the surge. The digital ones can get expensivle each month. BTW I'm cd8 today so we are right around each other :)

39andcounting, when you got diagnosed with vit d deficiency, how many IUs were you told to take? I'm taking 5000IUs. My sister in law said some days she took like 10K before she got her bfp.

everyone!

8 years ago

Hello ladies,

I am excited that I've found you, I've crept through and decided that I like you all

I'm kind of an outlier in the TTC community. I am 21 and dh is 27, we've been married 2 years and TTC for 2 months. I'm an anxious person by nature, so I'm hoping this will help me air my crazy out haha.

Right before me and dh got married I got pregnant while on the bc pill and ended up miscarrying at about 8 weeks... For the last 6 months I've been off all bc and have been ntnp. I swear any type of hormonal bc makes me crazy. I'm excited to finally start TRYING. I've wanted to be a mom all my life and things are looking good for me with my career and whatnot so hubby said "let's go for it!" He thinks he's getting old

I'm 10-11 dpo today. Had bfn since 8dpo. I've noticed some SERIOUS breast changes. So even if I'm not preggo I think I should see my gp.

Enough about me!

good luck to alll!!!

8 years ago

Welcome Audnaz,

And its still very early for testing, I'm currently 10dpo and this is my first month trying after a m/c last December so trying with all my might not to test until this where i should be 15dpo..

good luck & keep us posted.

baby dust to you xx

Gem

8 years ago

Jandei - thanks for the OPK advice! We are close - I am CD6 today...I've never paid so close attention and it makes the time seem to crawl by...

I also have Vit D deficiency and am taking a supplement. I take 2500IU, but the doc said i didn't need that much, so i was about to reduce it until i started reading here that it is important...

39andcounting - I'd also be interested in what amount of vit D you take.

8 years ago

Something else I was thinking about that I wanted to ask..

Anyone ever heard that green tea lowers folic acid? I am trying to quit coffee (and that is hard), but now I am trying to figure out what teas are best...

I read that raspberry leaf tea is supposed to be good for fertility. Any recommendations?

Thanks ladies!

8 years ago

Lunar- I think this article could be helpful :)
http://www.fitpregnancy.com/nutrition/prenatal-nutrition/tea-time

I'm a tea drinker, Ive just been boiling water and adding a hint of pomegranite juice :)

8 years ago

Audnaz and gemgem welcome and sorry to hear about your experiences. It happens to a lot of women and it's common so keep your head up. It will happen!

Lunar - yes! time is in slo mo for me too.

From what I'm reading about vit d is that it's hard to overdose on it. You need to take 40,000IU daily for 3 months straight so I figured 5k is not too much. You get like 10k IU just after 30 minutes of sun exposure.

It's so funny you guys are mentioning tea because I researched it last week and reading it does lower your folic acid. It's not just green tea but even black tea that's decaffeinated. Something interesting I read is that you only really need 400 mcg so since I take 1000mcg a day some of it will get absorbed and it's ok. I drink my teas still but trying to limit them a little and drink boiling water alone too. I have also been drinking red rasberry leaf tea for over a month. After o I cut down to 1 cup of rrl tea a day. Not sure if it helps.

8 years ago

Hi everyone,
Here is an article that you all might find interesting, it is about the difference between folic acid and folate, which is the natural version absorbed by the body. Did you know that studies have shown that FOLIC acid, the synthetic form, can cause cancer?
https://chriskresser.com/folate-vs-folic-acid/
High levels of folic acid can also mask a vitamin d deficiency so if you are not blessed with natural sunshine be aware.
Welcome to all the new ladies
Anyone planning to test over the next few days? Got any symptoms?
Mico, I feel you girl! When at is due I am terrible for compulsive munching, it's not like I'm hungry I just have to eat.
Pink, Are you having an engagement party or keeping it low key? You must be walking on air at the min. Is it too early to ask about the wedding? I'm a sucker for romance. If you can just get that now it will make everything perfect, hope this is your cycle sweetie.
Jandei, love a success story especially when it's against the odds, gives us all hope. Thanks for sharing xx
Audnaz and gemgem, sorry for both your losses, it really sucks. Let's hope you both get that really soon. Sorry to get personal but what sort of serious boob changes are you talking about audnaz?

8 years ago • Post starter

Hello ladies, hope you are all well and BDing/count down all going well
39andcounting, how did the cruise go you lucky thing, bet it was well romantic, hope you manage to enjoy it without sea sickness any more tests yet?
Any more positive symptoms LacyRose?
Lunardays, ask anything, Im still learning stuff too and 45yrs lol, we are round about same time, me cd7, I just use the basic internet OPK dip sticks, cheap and seem reliable so far

Thankyou micorazoncito (AF yet?) Jandei & Kerzie (no no party just the weekend away), Yes Im pretty excited and so happy, no wedding til 2018, then we should be settled again as my partners house is still being rebuilt and we want to move back in together when my youngest is ready for college and wants to attend college nearer his home, exams first and hopefully when they are done his house will be finished/sold and new one bought, we would love to have our dream baby at the wedding, poss page boy or flower girl
Finished Clomid, only thing I noticed is I get a bit light headed in vehicles, a bit sicky and feel more bloated then norm but otherwise all good so far, no idea when I will ovulate, apparently it can be anything from 5-10 after last tab taken so we will see, quite nervous as pressure is on partner and he is struggling a bit to ej lately, (sorry if too much info), im worried he feels pressured but if I ov then it kinda has to happen, Im worried he wont be able to and Ive taken the clomid for nothing then I feel guilty and selfish for thinking that way, STILL no sperm result now been 12 days grr
Welcome all newbies, the more the merrier, and we love hearing good news on here, everyone is always rooting for each other and sharing the woes , Audnaz, partner too old at 27? well mines 55yrs hahaha so hope not -x-
Gemgem
I love my tea but have it very weak so hope it doesnt damage my chances, have about 3 cups a day?, I dont like flavoured teas unlike my daughters but have cut down from up to 10 cuppas a day
to all -x-x-x-

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo