Community post

Discussion

Ttc in 2016

View Full Post

Welcome to anyone trying to conceive in 2016. Let's hope this will be the year full of
Blizzards of baby dust to everyone xx

2177 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

111 - 120 of 2177 Replies | Last Page

Pinkster, kerzie is right about the semen test. Here in the US we can purchase them at a pharmacy. Maybe check by where you live???? My dh did one before we had the actual analysis. It tests for the sperm count only but it was just as accurate as the analysis as fas as that goes.

Has anyone here had their AMH levels tested? I am thinking to get mine done some time soon... which brings me to my sis again. She had every test done that you can imagine. DH had low sperm count and motility. Make a long story short she didn't qualify for IVF. Docs were giving them very slim chances to even conceive naturally. Anyway, she did so many things to improve everything (acupuncture, wheat grass, daily walks, no caffeine, vitamins for her and dh) After 6 months of it all she finally qualified. She decided to continue trying naturally and now she's pregnant. Point is that WE CAN improve things even when our bodies are out of balance or our tests are not what we wish.

8 years ago

Hi jandei, I think an earl o is better as it either lengthens you lp even further or shortens your cycle slightly which gives you more chances per year. Not that I think you will be trying that long. You seem to have all your ducks in a row, just need that spark of life that will give you your Let's hope it's REALLY soon
My + opk usually lasts for two days so only test once a day so it is possible I could have missed it but don't think so. I also came off vitex so I could try the iso flavonoids so that could have something to do with it. Grrr I just hate not knowing where I am in my cycle. Back to vitex next cycle.
Don't forget to bd each day for three more days to max your chances xx

Md, So it's a case of wait and see, waiting is horrible. Let us know of any new symptoms each day and we can help keep your spirits up

8 years ago • Post starter

@Kerzie ok I will. Just headaches, dizziness , cm has increased, nipples a little sore and I'm sleepy all the time and hot flashes. Cramping a little here and there but I can say I have never experience that before along with constant headache and sleepy like this before my cycle.

8 years ago

Kenzie - yes was my first iui...lots of false starts getting to it though. We first went to RE in October after 6mo NTNP and almost 6mo of trying with planned BD and OPKs. Got results of test in November...low count 19,000 (so not super low) and morphology 4%, and I have a blocked left tube on HSG (most uncomfortable procedure to date - the radiologist said "some people don't even feel this" - I am NOT one of those people!). So was supposed to go in first week of December to make a plan...AF came on thanksgiving so by the time of that appointment December was out for any treatment. I ovulate like clockwork from side to side with some minor pain so as luck would have it right side was December. Took clomid in preparation for iui in January (knowing it would likely be left side but hoping maybe a right follicle would show up) and the tech who did my ultrasound grinned as she told me about the 3 beautiful follicles...on the left side. So didn't go through with iui as would be unlikely to be successful and more likely to be ectopic. Ovulation last month was MURDER, gained 4 pounds, distended, pain with every step for 3 days. Then all returned to normal. So that's the long winded version of the story that gets us to this month...clomid cd5-9, ultrasound cd11 with 3 follicles (17, 19, 21mm) and took ovidrel trigger that night for iui morning of cd13. 18million sperm, 4% morphology, 4+ progression (swimming straight) after wash.

For the iui itself, cramped a little as catheter inserted, cramped some for the next 6-8 hours. Took it super easy (cough and email and that's when I found this site!). I would try to take the day of if you can.

I've had some symptoms the last few days: nausea, fatigue, peeing a lot but know this is probably the ovidrel making me feel pregnant. Still to early for implantation and trying to wait til 12 or 14dpo to test (currently 6dpo ) - we will see if I can hold out!

Whew! My apologies for the epic post but that's our story and it's good to get it out!

HDC1977 - very similar! We got married a bit before you but not by much 11/14.

Hope your BFP is the first of many for the ladies here!

TTC since 11/14 for #1 1/16 clomid, 3 follicles. cancelled iui due to blocked tube 2/16 Clomid/ovidrel/IUI, 3 follicles - BFN 3/16 clomid, 4 follicles. cancelled iui due to blocked tube 4/16 Clomid/ovidrel/IUI, 4 follicles but only one on right side

8 years ago

Kerzie last month my opk was positive for almost 3 days. I was surprised to see it negative today. Prior to last cycle I used CB digital so not sure if it's a pattern for me.
For sure I will bd the next few days as well. I'm going according to the plan you posted :) I'm feeling good about the timing I'm just praying that I don't start to spot again. There is a spotting calculator here on this website so based on that I have 4-6% chance to conceive as opposed to someone who doesn't spot and has 20% chance. It's a major bummer cause I can't even get excited. Instead of waiting for a bfp I'm waiting to see if I spot. Then when the spotting comes it's worse than getting af, it almost feels like all that effort was for nothing :(((( sorry... one of those days

8 years ago

Md, that sound SO promising! Do you normally get hot flashes? I hear it is a really good sign. Are you taking anything that can increase symptoms? If not I will be surprised if you don't get a bfp.

Happy, Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me, I always get nervous when a male doctor swears "it's not painful". Years ago I got an iud put in to help with hellish periods and was told it would be painless and wouldn't notice it was in. I was sedated to get it in but was off work for a month because I couldn't stand straight because of the pain, needless to say I got it removed. Now I only believe other people's experience, at least if I know to expect cramps then I'm ready for it. Thanks for being honest.
Have you tried PYCONOGENOL? It can improve sperm morphology by up to 40%.
I have another thread called "Fertility aids, supplements, vitamins and why we take them", I have listed a whole load of thing that can help a man's sperm. If you have time it would be great if you pasted you experience with your iui.
15, 000 used to be the norm count for sperm, a lot of the online tests still test for 15, 000 as they have not been changed yet. He is well over the normal count if you turn back the clock a little so I wouldn't worry about his numbers.
Hope the next week passes super quick x

Jandei, for a lot of women spotting is "normal" and is considered not to be a problem when ttc. I think when it suddenly starts happening then you should get it checked out. If you normally get spotting, ovulate, and have a good luteal phase then it shouldn't be anything to worry about. Don't be so hard on yourself sweetie, will try find a link to put your mind at ease.

Mega blizzards

@Kerzie no I don't normally get hot flashes till I'm on my cycle. I never get headaches either. They are so mild. My nipples are becoming more sore too.

8 years ago

Md, it all sounds so so positive! When are you planning on testing? I'm excited to find out so you must be majorly jittery. Sending lots of sticky vibes to your maybe bean

Next wed or thursday

8 years ago

Thanks Kerzie ... I don't even know what's coming over me... all day today I'm down. This journey is sooooo long and soooo stressful. This rollercoaster is seriously taking an emotional toll on me sometimes.

ANYWAY...

MrsDaniel yea really those do sound promising. This could very well be you month!

Happydays wow. Trying for # 12 - that's awesome! What's the longest it took for you to get pregnant?

Lunar, how is the book?

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo