Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

461 - 470 of 952 Replies | Last Page

I've seen two lines twice and know from experience that it doesn't always equal a baby. The most important is a nice strong first beta and doubling after that. It did make me want to try harder and keep being persistent though so I could see them again, it really is the best feeling ever. I really hope this round works out for you and you finally get two lines!

I am cd8 now. I usually start stims on cd3 but this time I started cd5. I have only done 3 days of stims and was shooting for next Friday the 27th for retrieval but based off my first u/s, my estradiol level and how much pressure I am already feeling I don't think I will make it to Friday. My guess would be Tuesday or Wednesday. My estradiol was already 660 and last retrieval it was only 182 after 3 days of stims so definitely a lot more going on this time. Definitely lots of bloating already and I am up 4 lbs(ugh!). I looked like I was 4 months pregnant in December right before retrieval and gained 10 lbs. I think as of tomorrow I am putting away jeans, anything with a waistband or that requires a belt. It's maxi dresses and yoga pants from here on out! Lol

9 years ago

Hi ladies, its been a while since I've chimed in but been watching the board :)

ssura - sorry about your cyst/cycle delay! the 5cm is crazy size, i had a 7mm cyst my first time trying ivf and then had to delay for the month to let that cyst (which ended up being a follicle) to ovulate. I hope you have no pain and get to do the endometrial scratch you planned.

waitinggame - congrats on being PUPO! 2 great embryos is fantastic and i hope that this is your month!

mnor- what protocol are you on this round? what meds are you taking? my last cycle was a microdose lupron/high dose protocol and this next round is going to be a minimum stimulation cycle with clomid, bravelle, ganirelix combo...

mrs fridley- hope you and your little lady are doing great :)

as for me, it looks like we will start bcp this friday and do our 2nd ivf cycle sometime in the next month. ive been hopeful and optomistic that somehow a natural bfp would happen in these past two months and have been super disappointed. At this point, financially, i just have to let that go as its been stressing me out and won't be good for me moving forward. its just been frustrating to pay so much money to try to have kids instead of putting that money towards our kids future. i just wish i had a magic crystal ball to tell me my future of how our family will look like :)... i know that won't ever happen but wouldnt that be great? :)

I hope that all of us get the news we've been waiting for soon! so glad to have found you ladies on here! hope you all have a great week and I'll make sure to keep everyone posted on what's next!

9 years ago

Nice to hear from you again Awhittaker! Glad to hear you are moving on to a new cycle soon! We seriously need some bfps this summer.

I always do a long agonist down-regulation protocol with combination gonadotropin/menotropin stimulation. I start bcp about 2-5 weeks prior, then lupron for 2 weeks to down-reg, then follistim/gonal-f and menopur for stimulation. Every once in awhile I have to take Ganirellix if I have a follie way out in the lead getting too big to keep it from releasing but haven't had to do that since I was doing IUI's. The long down-reg process is mainly due to my PCOS so I don't produce too many and they all grow at the same rate. Right now I have about 30-35 maturing follicles (I lost count)...imagine what I would have without the down-reg process (yikes!).

So, another u/s this morning and as I said...lots of maturing follicles in the 12-14mm range. I am definitely not making it to a Friday retrieval, looking more and more like I'll be triggering this weekend or Monday. I am waiting on my estradiol levels and if they are high I will have to go for another u/s and bloodwork tomorrow as well as Sat and Sun most likely. This is going to be an exhausting weekend. I can't wait for retrieval so I can take a nice anesthesia induced nap! It sucks so much having to get up earlier than normal to go to the appts early to miss as little work as possible. I am starting to run out of sick time since I have packed 5 IVF rounds into the last year. Not only do I have to get up earlier but I also have to go to bed later because the follistim and menopur injections can't be taken until between 9-10pm. I just want to pass out at 7 haha.

9 years ago

Hi all,

I just wanted to say that I've been reading everyone's posts and how happy I am things are going well for everyone. The thread got quiet there for a while and I'm glad things have started moving again in terms of cycles starting, etc. Please know I'm cheering for you all and am sending good thoughts across the continental US for all of you!!!!

We just had a full moon on Friday the 13th. Hopefully the crazy gravitational pull got everyone's bodies in-line!!!!

I'm on modified bed rest due to Sagan Grace trying to come early. I'm just hoping she stays in there for at least 3 more weeks until week 35.

Hugs to you all!!!!

9 years ago • Post starter

Welp...that was fast! After only 6 days of stims I was ready(usually takes me 10-12 days)! Thank goodness because I am in so much pain right now. I went for u/s and bloodwork this morning and I had 2 follicles over 18 already on my right and a whole mess between 15-17 on both sides. Because there were so many all so close in size and my estradiol was 2400 they didn't want to let me stim anymore so they told me to trigger! Just had my trigger shot at 8 pm today and I will be the first retrieval Monday morning at 8am. Definitely didn't even get close to Friday. This means I will probably get to transfer on Saturday if I can avoid ohss. Can't wait! I love when things get bumped ahead instead of delayed like usual.

9 years ago

That's wonderful, MNOR!!!! Hoping for lots of healthy, viable eggs.

Now just lots of water, Gatorade, protein, and salt!

9 years ago • Post starter

mnor - that is awesome!! It's so great that you have so many follicles and eggs to work with. I hope retrieval went great this morning and that you will be home resting soon. I hope this month is the one for both of us!!

I'm 7dp3dt right now and constantly symptom spotting, yet trying not to! I've had a little cramping here and there, but otherwise I've been feeling great... which could be a good or bad thing I guess. One minute I feel super positive, a true feeling this has worked and then the next I feel like there is just no way and start thinking about next steps. Ugh!!!! It seems easy to take my mind off of it over the weekend, but then when I'm sitting here at work, I start googling too much. I've got to stop! lol!

9 years ago

Wishing everyone great luck this cycle! I go in Thursday for bloodwork and ultrasound to determine when we'll do the biopsy. Otherwise, nothing new here.

9 years ago

Thats so great, Mnor!!! So happy for you! Can't wait to hear about how the retrieval went this morning! :)

9 years ago

I am home now! We got 25 eggs this time. Now we just have to wait for the fertilization report tomorrow.

Has anyone ever taken medrol/prednisone or other corticosteriod before? I took my first dose of medrol this morning (have to take them til transfer) and it was the most awful bitter thing I have ever taken. It took me a full quart of pink lemonade and 20 mins to get that taste out of my mouth. I thought I was gonna yak! So if you have taken it, any tips?

Waitinggame - I go through that rollercoaster every time too and keep fluctuating from being positive it worked to super depressed and bawling because I think it didn't work. Definitely not looking forward to joining that rollercoaster ride in a few days! I wish there was a way to know the day of transfer!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo