Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

211 - 220 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Progesterone in oil does hurt indeed!!! I did the happy dance the day of my last shot. But I also seconded MNOR's opinion that it is better than the Crinone.

Does the hubby do it? Mine got better each stab due to both of our learning which worked best for us. I hope the same for you!

10 years ago • Post starter

My hubby does my injections for me. He's gotten quite good at it. I honestly think it hurts him more than it hurts me sometimes. I'm just terrified that this isn't going to work. We had no embies to freeze and the ones that were reintroduced to my womb were not the absolute best quality. Strong but with some fragmentation. The embryologist flat out told us he didn't think one of them had much of a chance leaving our overall chances at 20%. I've been trying not to think about that conversation.

I'm kinda losing it. Scratch that....I'm really losing it. I have said some flat out horrible things to my husband over the past couple of days. I feel terrible. I don't know if its the stress, the meds, a super early pregnancy symptom (doubt it) or what is going on. I'm typically a pretty upbeat person but lately I just can't stand anyone and everything is stupid to me. To top it off, I'm HORRIBLY bloated and thats on top of the weight gain I've experienced through the IVF process. And now all I want to do is eat and sleep. AAAAAAHHHHHHH.

Okay rant over. Thanks for listening.

User Image

10 years ago

It's the hormones and stress! All my dh did this morning was bump my arm while I was doing my mascara and I ripped him a new butt hole! HA! Our poor dh's! Sometimes I don't know what's worse being on all the hormones or having to deal with someone on all the hormones :-)

You know the saying don't judge a book by it's cover...don't judge your embies by their appearances. A friend I follow on youtube only transferred 1 embie that was partially fragmented and low quality and BAM! twins! I put in 2 top grade embies all 3 transfers and nothing stuck, at least not for long... You never know! They could look great on the outside but have genetic abnormalities and they could look not so great and be your perfect little imperfect embie!

10 years ago

Hi ladies, sorry I went missing again. Since I stared spotting, af arrived so technically I am on cd3 again with new birth control. I'm waiting on my calendar from the re office and hoping to get our dates soon so we can try to move forward again.

My hormones are also all over the place and it's been hard on my hubby. Dealing with my emotions has been the hardest on him as he feels like he has to be the rock.

Someday- I'm crossing all, my fingers and toes for you and those embies.

Mnor- sorry about your dx but I'm glad you have a path forward.

Mrs- hope you're feeling great :)

10 years ago

I'm certainly glad to hear that I'm not the only one who turns into a hormonal mess. It has eased up some so hopefully I'll stay leveled out. Although I had a terrible meltdown earlier today. I'm talking a full on sobbing babbling incoherent pity party. I mean like "I just know this isn't going to work...I just don't feel pregnant" kind of madness. I woke up this afternoon (I'm working night shift right now) with none of the so-called symptoms I thought I was feeling before and it kinda sent me into a downward spiral. It probably doesn't help that I started my POAS campaign waaaaaaaaaaay early.

Awhittaker: I'm sorry to here that AF showed up. I hope that all goes well with your treatments.

User Image

10 years ago

Hi all, I'm just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

SOMEDAY: any POAS updates?

MNOR: how are you feeling about your diagnosis. Have you done research on the procedure? The outlook seem good?

AWHITTAKER: I'm sorry the natural way didn't take. Aunt Flo has never been any of our favorite, but there are times when she comes that is downright emotionally painful.

Hugs to all

10 years ago • Post starter

I mainly just hate having to delay the fet. I just want to be pregnant yesterday! It doesn't help that this month marks 6 years of ttc... Everything I have read pretty much says "I got pregnant 1-2 months after the surgery". I really hope that is true in my case. One of my friends, from my hometown, had the surgery and got pregnant the same month with twins on her 7th iui round right before she was going to try ivf.

10 years ago

Hi ladies!

Mnor- I hope your surgery is super successful and your fet ends up a bfp :) I can only imagine how frustrating each delay is as I've only dealt with a handful so far.

As for me, I got my call today from the re office and it looks like I'm going in for a baseline again on the 18th, I should get my final calendar tomorrow but if all goes well this time, we'll be doing egg retrieval sometime first week of April. At this point I don't even care if it's on April fools :) I'm just excited and optimistic to get the show on the road :)

I saw your ladies posts about progesterone injections, my re has prescribed oral progesterone along with endometrin, is that the same as Crinon? Ive done the progesterone suppositories for iui before and they are the culprit of all of my false pregnancy symptoms.

Someday- I hope your feeling good so far and that those embies are implanting away, when is your test day?

10 years ago

Mnor: I REALLY hope this is the answer that you are looking for. It would be so wonderful if after all this you found a solution. I am pulling for you.

AWhittaker: Are you going to be doing an IUI or IVF cycle? Either way best of luck.

As for me, I have been a POAS machine. Sadly, all BFNs. Its really getting scary now seeing as how today marks 7dp5dt. I've read several charts that say 9dp5dt is when a BFP should be expected but then I read post after post from women who got their BFP 6,5, or even 4 days in. So I'm wondering if I'm beyond hope at this point. I'm not even trying to symptom spot b/c progesterone in oil is an ugly ugly creature and screws with everything. Although, the fact that the soreness in my breasts magically disappeared a couple of days ago is troublesome.

I just don't know ladies. I'm not dealing well. I go back and forth between tears and anger and its hell on both me and the hubby.

User Image

10 years ago

Hi all, I've been in another group, but no one there is doing IVF. So glad to find you and read your posts. I'm 42 and peri-menopausal, so very poor ovarian reserve. We finally managed to get two follicles after several months and a surgery. Two embryos were transferred 7 days ago, so I'm in the dreaded 2WW, but awful happy to get here, too. I feel very optomistic, that is, when my hormones aren't making me grouchy.
I had blood drawn today, but the doc didn't call to adjust the meds, so I guess it looked good.
For the progesterone in oil, put ice in a Baggie and hold it directly on your bum where you plan to inject for five minutes. You won't even feel the needle! I swear! It will still make your bum somewhat sore for a day though.
I look forward to reading more from you!

Over 40 TTC # 2 with IVF Hoping to see soon!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo