Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

61 - 70 of 952 Replies | Last Page

We really have no idea. Even the doctor seemed completely baffled. The first time we transferred two 3 day embryos that were top grade and bfn. Second time we did a frozen transfer of two 5 day embryos, one was excellent, top grade and expanding really well and the other was good quality but not expanding quite as well. That round I got a bfp but miscarried at 6 weeks. There is nothing in any of my tests saying I can't carry a pregnancy. I have had a nice thick lining, perfect shaped uterus, no endometriosis, didn't overstimulate, and my embryos have been awesome quality. After the miscarriage I asked them to run more tests and they did every immune disorder test under the sun and tested for a bunch more rare/uncommon problems and I came back negative for everything! Still each ivf round only has a 30-50% chance of working so it just seems like luck hasn't been with us yet. Perhaps we just haven't gotten a genetically normal embryo out of the 4 we transferred. About 1/2 to 2/3 of embryos retrieved will have genetic abnormalities that would result in a miscarriage. Seems like it is all luck...

10 years ago

Wow. I didn't know the rate of abnormal embryos was that high. I'm terrified of miscarrying. I went through it in 2010 and it like to have killed me. It was an unassisted "oops" pregnancy with my previous husband. I can't image what it would be like to miscarry after IVF. My heart goes out to you.

User Image

10 years ago

Let's all hope third time's a charm.

What day do you have your retrieval, MNOR? It should be soon I think. Please let me know what day and time so that I may send positive thoughts in your Northeast direction! I want this for you. I truly do. With every bit of my being.

SOMEDAY: The costs for IVF are ridiculous, agreed, but you do have options so start Googling!

Some people choose to travel abroad to receive their treatment in another country where IVF is cheaper. Most often the cost of the 'vacation' plus the IVF is still less expensive than doing it here in the US. It sounds risky but many people do it.

Another is buying separate IVF insurance. This can be done online. I'm not sure how much it is or how helpful it is, but it's worth looking into.

Another option is talking your company's HR dept into adding IVF as an 'optional' elective for IVF insurance. I petitioned my company very loudly, and not once recieved a response. I'm still honked off about that and my increased age (I'll be 39 when I deliver) meant I didn't have time to play with.

Banks do not do loans for IVF, but they do offer signature loans and different options. We had little positive feedback from our banks, but our Credit Union bent over backwards finding us the money in just a couple of hours. I love our Credit Union.

Also, is just saving. I don't know if your age means you have time on your side, but if you do, saving is the best. Throw fundraisers, spaghetti dinners at your house, car washes, ANYTHING to help. And chances are friends and family will help, even if they can't help financially. When there's a will, there's a way. And nothing beats a baby.

HUGS ON THIS COLD, DREARY DAY!

10 years ago • Post starter

Had 2 ultrasounds this weekend...during a snow storm. Friday night I started feeling pressure so knew I was getting close. Went in Saturday morning and told the doctor I think I have a bunch of follies in the 14-16 mm range. Low and behold...lots of them! She looked at my left ovary first and there were like 8-10 pretty large follies and she was like I haven't seen someone with this many large and evenly growing follicles in awhile. Then I said just wait til you see the other side cuz I am feeling more pressure there and there will be lots of them. She moved the wand and all she said was whoa! Lol! There were like 20 large follies on that side!

At that point I started getting really worried about ohss but she was like let's just wait til we get your e2 levels but I definitely need to see you Sunday. E2 levels were 1930 so not bad at all.

Last night we got 8-12 inches of snow. I got up at 5 this morning to take the dog out and get ready for my appt and holy snow! I ran in to wake my dh up telling him he had some serious shoveling to do so I could get out. Then I chickened out and made him drive me in the freak snow storm to a lab I have never been to in a different city because it's the only one open on sundays. Then we had to drive to our doctor's office where the parking lot hadn't been plowed yet because it was before 8. My dh got a kick out of playing and doing donuts in the snow with his 4wd though lol becase only one nurse and one doctor run the office on Sunday and they weren't there yet. We see a car pull in and get stuck in the middle of the parking lot. My dh is like yes! and proceeds to dig his tow straps out lol he is definitely a country guy. We get over to the car and it's our nurse coming to let us in! So we pull her to the door of the building.

Quite an eventful morning already but I get in to see the doctor and tell her my eggs are ready because I am feeling more pressure and I know I have a bunch of 18's in there. She looks at me and is like why do I even bother scanning you because you can just tell me and says she has never seen someone know just through feel exactely what size their follicles are. Now if only i could tell which embryos will stick! There were a bunch of 18's which means I am triggering tonight and retrieving on Tuesday morning. The doctor said I should have between 20 and 25 mature eggs. I am soooo ready and excited! Sorry this is super long but lots happened :-)

10 years ago

We've decided that the best route in paying for this is to save as much as possible before february and put the rest on a credit card. The interest rate is much less than a loan would be. Mnor....interesting morning indeed! Hoping the best for you. Mrs. how are the numbers looking. Everything alright with you?

User Image

10 years ago

MNOR: What a fun and great story! Glad everyone is safe, happy, and entertained. Tomorrow will be a great day.

SOMEDAY: This whole journey is one heartbreak after another, and I'm sure the wait until February will be a long one. Just remember with every purchase to ask yourself which is more important, this (whatever is the item/service in question) or the baby. It'll help you stay focused and save as best you can! IVF COSTS JUST SUCK!!!!

I'm doing good. My next milestone is my ultrasound Wednesday morning. We should be able to determine if it's twins or a singleton and rule out an ectopic pregnancy. The whole concept of being pregnant has still not hit me and I'm hoping the ultrasound and possible heartbeat(s) will help me realize the actuality of our success.

I will be six weeks pregnant tomorrow.

Oh, and the dog will not leave my side. While she was my constant companion before, she's upped her dedication and protectiveness two-fold. It's so sweet. She won't let me pee, shower, or even go to another room without making sure she's right there to make sure I'm fine. It's precious.

Hugs!

Thank you Mrs. Its nice to have the extra push to keep my priorities right on this thing. I'm lucky to have an extremely supportive husband. He's an amazing man and I am so thankful.

That is such a cute story. What kind of dog do you have?

BTW congrats on your pregnancy.

User Image

10 years ago

She is a forty pound Staffordshire Terrier the color of liver. She is my joy and my husband is my smile.

Egg retrieval went well today! Still sore and groggy, much more than last time but that's probably cuz they retrieved 24 eggs! Yippee! Just have to wait til tomorrow to find out how many fertilized and what day the transfer will be. I am hoping for a 5 day transfer on Sunday.

I have heard that dogs have a sixth sense when it comes to pregnancy. They can definitely tell! Before my miscarriage last round my dog was glued to my lap...thank goodness he is only an 8 lb yorkie poo lol.

And now I am going to let the pain meds take over for a nice nap...good night :-)

10 years ago

I'm so glad it went so well!!! I was at my desk this morning sending good thoughts your way!!!

Do let us know how things progress (# fertilized, etc.) as we are interested and pulling for you!!!

SLEEP WELL AND DREAM OF BABY DUST!!!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo