Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

471 - 480 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Mnor - yes! I took prednisone for 5 days. It was in a pill form but still tasted bitter and nasty. I filled my mouth with orange juice the second time and tried to wash it down without touching my tongue. It helped!

Cramps have started getting worse this afternoon. I'm going to take that as a good thing!!

9 years ago

Mnor- awesome on the egg count. Hope many of them are mature and fertilze beautifully. :) keep us posted.

Waiting.- sending you bfp vibes that all that cramping means uterus is expanding :)

Ssura- good luck on your procedure, hope it goes well.

Mrs fridley- wishing you a smooth couple of weeks for you and your little one.

As for me. I'm on 4th day of bcp, first baseline us is 7/7 and then were off on the roller coaster again ourselves.

As for prednisone, that stuff is awful. Took it as a kid for 3 years during cancer treatment and did it for 3 days during my first ivf cycle. You think after 20 years they would put some type of coating on the pill. I tend to take that one first and make sure contact on tongue is minimal. Oj or juice is great way to mask the taste in case it dissolves on you. Hoping that all of these drugs help us to get our baby wishes :)

9 years ago

I am attempting work today...let's see how this goes. Luckily students are gone and it's just end of the year stuff, meetings and getting ready for summer school. I will be distracted waiting for my fertilization report call.

Not looking forward to my morning medrol dose...I am not very good at pills in the first place which makes it hard. I usually have to let the pills sit there before I get the nerve to gulp, which apparently I have to try not to do with medrol. If I can I take liquid tylenol, gummy prenatals, etc. I am a giant baby. I also have to take doxycycline capsules which float in my mouth, not as bad as the bitter medrol but I have to tilt my head back, plug my nose and cover my mouth in order to force the doxy down. I would rather have more butt shots than pills any day. I don't have any oj but will get some on my way home. I also found online to try putting them in a spoonful of yogurt which I do have so I will try that for today.

9 years ago

Got the fertilization report already while I was driving to work! Out of 25 eggs, 23 were mature and 21 fertilized! Super happy with those numbers! I go in for a 5dt on Sat at 11. Now I just need to hope that at least 1 of the 3 we put in sticks this time!

9 years ago

THOSE NUMBERS ARE JUST INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!

I know you wanted to do a FET rather than a retrieval, but with numbers like that you should have plenty for now and a great deal to freeze (hopefully to produce a sibling for the child you'll conceive now.)

Wow. Just wow. So happy for you!!!

WAITINGGAME: my fingers are crossed!!!! When is your beta? Soon, I'd think.

AWHITTAKER: many hugs and well wishes!!

SSURA: your cyst is a speed bump in this journey, but you will get there!!!

GRACEALONE: I hope you and your little one are doing nicely.

And everyone else, may you all punch infertility in the face!!!

9 years ago • Post starter

mnor - that is AMAZING!! PCOS aside, I'm jealous! It sounds like you will have plenty to choose from to get the absolute best quality and hopefully a bunch to freeze as well :)

awhittaker - baseline coming soon! Best wishes for an "all clear"! Go have fun and enjoy your 4th of July before everything starts.

My first Beta is on Friday. I'm planning to work from home that afternoon so I can be with my hubby when I get the news (good or bad). SO nervous!!

On a side note, most of you do the progesterone in oil, right? I just wanted to add that about 4-5 days ago I started doing them myself instead of having DH do it and it is SO much better! I don't know if he just wasn't getting the needle in fast enough before or if it just hurts less because I'm in control, but it hasn't hurt nearly as bad! I'm also injecting a lot more to my side rather than butt and man does it help!!

9 years ago

I have done PIO shots several times, including this time and my DH has always done them. I probably could do it myself if I needed to but it's such a weird angle. I would probably call my MIL who is a nurse if he wasn't available or bring it to school and ask the nurse here to do it. He has gotten really good at it though and I barely feel it anymore. Every cycle I ask the nurse at retrieval to draw some "targets" with sharpie marker. He shoots in a dart league so I think that helps him out lol. Bulls-eye!

He gave me my trigger shot too on Sat and I was sore for like 2 full days after. I think this was because he didn't stay straight and steady and pull it out straight. He had had a few (ok more than a few) drinks at the wedding reception for my brother and wasn't quite sober yet haha!

9 years ago

Mnor congrats on your egg count! That is fantastic. May they multiply nicely :)

As for pio shots, I've been lucky to just do endometrin inserts. Either way the progesterone sucks to take for its own reasons. I've gotten really good at giving myself shots for the stim drugs but am thankful my bum can skip the pio for now.

Hope to hear some news of bfp soon!

9 years ago

WAITING: Thinking of you on this beta morning. Just as an FYI the doctor waited until the end of the day to call us -- I would assume after the doctor was done with all patients and activities for the day. I only mention this as the waiting is torture!!!! You haven't peed on a stick yet, have you?

MNOR: Do you transfer tomorrow? Any update on numbers and such?

Let this be the summer of babies!!!!

9 years ago • Post starter

The wait is definitely killing me!! They said I should expect the call around 2pm (the satellite office closes at 3 on Friday's). I have not POAS... I just can't imagine seeing more than one line, I'm too scared! If it happens to be positive though, you better believe I'm going straight to the bathroom!! I did get another update from the nurse today that the two embryos we transferred were an A and a B quality.

For those of you who have had a positive beta before, how did you feel the days leading up to it? Any signs? My cramping has pretty much subsided... I actually feel really good... not sure if that's good or bad?!

Yes, mnor - any updates on eggs for transfer tomorrow?

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo