Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

871 - 880 of 952 Replies | Last Page

@Mayer51313- oh ok that all makes sense then. Thats great that you have four! I hope you get good results back soon. How many will you transfer?

I have a question for you ladies....so AF was due yesterday. I started spotting pretty heavy on Tuesday and thought she was early. Called my doctor and got my baseline ultrasound and blood work done yesterday morning. Since yesterday, i am barely having any AF at all. Not even enough for a tampon. My lining showed that is was still pretty thick during my ultrasound so my doctor expected me to bleed still. I started birth control yesterday....would me taking birth control have any affect on my period now? I am just wondering if AF will ever show in full force or not....never had this happen before. My doctor said all my levels are normal and my ovaries looked great too, so i know my body is fine...just odd!

9 years ago

Ladies, one question i really need help with!! Timing of your injections! How did you determine what times you did your injections? My print out says between 6-8 a.m. and also at 4-7 p.m. My meds are:

Gonal-F
Meopour
Cetrotide

my trigger is Novarel

I feel SO clueless!

9 years ago

Mayer - Wow I am surprised you only got 4 to blast stage out of all that! It's normal to lose like half of them so that seems like maybe the quality was sacrificed due to the quantity of eggs you had. Hoping you hear great results soon from the genetic testing!

Lschrader - Don't worry about AF not cooperating this time. You will have another bleed when you stop the bcp and start stimming so if you don't shed all the old lining now you should then. When you start stimming and getting regular ultrasounds is when they will start checking your lining and there are things they can do then if it's not looking adequate. IVF will completely screw up your "normal" cycle so expect that AF could show up early, late, not at all or could be lighter or heavier.

If you don't get more info at your following appts about what drugs you take am and pm you better call and ask your ivf nurse about it. Usually you get some kind of calendar to tell you what to take and when right before stimming. Have you had an injection tutorial appt? That's what my nurse did the first ivf cycle and she went over how to prep each injection, where to inject and when. Your protocol is going to be way different than mine because you are doing an antagonist protocol due to low egg reserve whereas I did an agonist protocol due to very high follicle counts. I always took gonal f and menopur at 7pm together and lupron in the am which you won't be taking it looks like. They will let you know after each bloodwork and u/s what your dose of gonal and menopur will be for the following day or 2 and the doses can change all the time based on how your body reacts. Cetrotide is used to keep the follicles from releasing which I only had to use once during an iui round. I am guessing you are using that because once you get some good follicles you won't want to waste any. I had 30+ mature follicles so if a couple released early oh well no big loss but if you only get a couple you will want to keep them.

Hopefully I didn't confuse more than help. It's normal to feel clueless because this is completely new and usually the nurses/doctors (more so the nurses) do a good job of walking you through it. It's a lot to take in all at once so they are probably giving you just the pieces you need at the time which for now is just the bcp.

9 years ago

I second everything mnor said! You should have a teaching appointment, as it's definitely very overwhelming at first! I was given a calendar with AM/PM doses of each drug filled in for the first few days and then left blank for the subsequent ones so they could readjust the dosage after the ultrasounds and blood work. I normally did my morning shots just before leaving for work and then the evening ones around 8pm. I definitely ended up having to do some injections in random places if we were out one night, or at a friends house, etc... but you honestly become a pro after a while.

Mayer - hope those 4 blasts all do well!! It is surprising it decreased that much, but 4 is still a good # to make it to that stage!

I was just officially added to the hospital schedule for a c-section next Friday at 6:45am!!! I can't believe after all this I finally get to hold my own baby boy!! It's all so worth it already. He is breech and shows no signs of changing positions... so they are going in to get him! So anxious!

9 years ago

That's awesome waitinggame! Can't believe he will be here in less than a week! How are you feeling?

We just had an u/s last week at 21 weeks to check my placenta. At 17 weeks it was pretty low and they thought I might have a minor placenta previa issue and would have to do a c-section but the 21 week scanned showed it had moved far enough away from my cervix. I am hoping to have a natural birth but it is what it is sometimes. I have a lot of time left but last week she was head down and I want her to stay that way til 40 weeks! Sometimes I just sit and stare like a freak at the clothes we have bought for our little girl and imagine her in them. It's crazy after all I went through to think there will actually be a baby in those tiny outfits soon!

9 years ago

mnor - glad to hear the placenta seems to have corrected itself!! I hear you on the baby clothes. I find myself just standing, staring in the nursery all the time! It's still surreal.

I honestly couldn't have asked for a better pregnancy! I've felt relatively great the whole time! I still feel like there is no way I'm as far along as I am. The only thing bothering me at this point is the fact that his movements HURT! In the evenings he moves for 2-3 hours straight now and kicks very hard! lol! Around 36 weeks he flipped head down and we were all so excited... but by the next week, lo and behold, he was breech again. I've tried all the natural methods/positions to get him to flip, but nothing yet. Honestly though, over the past 2 days he feels different, so I'm hoping for a miracle at my last appointment tomorrow!

9 years ago

Thank you ladies! I will get my meds this Thursday and I have a doctors appointment on Friday for my mock transfer. They told me to bring everything with me so they can go over it all too. So that will be great! I am just SO ready to get this started! Trying not to be naive and too positive that it will work our first round, but of course that is what we only hope for.

@thewaitinggame -- That is amazing!!! So exciting to be able to plan the day too!!! Congrats!! You give me a lot of hope!

@mnor-Thank you for all your insight. It is SO nice having a group of women who have gone through this!

9 years ago

Hi there. Wanted to give an update and hopefully get some insight from you ladies! We had our suppression check today. Everything looked great. I had 13 follies on my left, and 14 on my right. Today is my last day of BCP and i start stimming on Sunday.

Are these an ok number of follicles? At my baseline u/s for this cycle, i had two less on my left, and one less on my right. However, when we did our full round of testing in January, i only had 6 on one side, and 11 on the other, so it seems they have a higher number of follicles this cycle. I can only imagine that is good....right?? Would love input, thanks!

9 years ago

Awesome news that you are ready to start stims! That was always the most exciting part for me because it felt like I was finally doing something and had a goal within reach towards creating our family. Sounds like you have a good number of follicles to start growing. They won't all reach maturity to be triggered but it sounds like you are on the right track to have a good number of eggs retrieved.

Over the weekend we finally started painting the nursery! It feels great to finally be almost to the viability mark and it's sinking in now that this is our take-home baby. Also, my hubby finally felt her kick too :-) Most exciting day ever so far!

9 years ago

@mnor-Yes I am excited about that! Yesterday was my last day of bcp, although ever since being on them, i felt like AF was about to attack me. No cysts or anything so just probably my body adjusting. Yeah exactly, so i am just glad we have a decent amount to start with! Thankful we didn't do IVF in January, when I had less to begin with!

Oh that is so cool! I cannot wait to do our nursery! I am so excited for that! What colors did you do? I always wanted to do a blush and gold palette for a girl! I really think we are going to have boys though so that will change i am sure ha! Can't wait to get where you are :) Congrats.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo