Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

421 - 430 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Yes congratulations gracealone! How lucky that it just happened naturally! I wish I had that kind of luck. But like the saying goes if I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all!

Paid surrogacy is illegal in NYS. Only compassionate surrogacy is allowed. So basically we have to find someone who will do it just out of the kindness of their hearts. I think the only thing we would be allowed to pay for are medical costs if not covered by the surrogates insurance. We have 2 people in mind, 1 a relative and the other a coworker who has offered to do it in the past but I haven't talked to her recently.

Ssurra - I feel your pain about the no sex thing! I keep telling my DH that I can't wait for all this to be over so we can start having sex for fun again! We only snuck it in once before the last transfer and went a long time before that too. After the surgery I couldn't for 4 weeks and then after the transfer for 2 weeks and then I went off the progesterone and AF showed up so it's been a looooong while!

9 years ago

We've been on 'pelvic rest' per doctor orders for months now.

Seems like all of would be grateful for a good, old fashioned romp in the hay!!!

CONGRATS, GRACEALONE!!!

I hope everyone reading this thread gets to report the same news. And sooner rather than later.

9 years ago • Post starter

I agree with Mrs. Fridley! Hope everyone is reporting the same SOON!!! :) Thank you for all your congratulations. We are very excited and quite shocked to say the least.

MMOR - That is so neat that in NYS they have compassionate surrogacy! I have never heard of that. REally neat!! Especially that you have a couple in mind that might be willing. What a precious gift to be able to give to someone. :)

9 years ago

Everyone is so quite lately! How is everyone doing?

9 years ago

I'm doing good. We have our first 8 wk ultrasound tomorrow at 1. I'm a bit nervous because there's always that possibility of a miscarriage but also excited!! Trying to stay positive, take it one day at a time, and cherish every moment that this little bean is alive and well inside of me. It just all still doesn't seem real!!

9 years ago

Hey ladies -- I just got this in an email from my clinic. My insurance covers most of what we do, so I wanted to be sure to pass it on for those who aren't as lucky to have such good insurance.

http://www.cadefoundation.org/?page_id=10

The Cade Foundationâ??s Family Building Grant provides up to $10,000 per funded family to help with costs of domestic adoption and medical fertility treatment. The only restrictions for applying are:

1) You MUST have a diagnosis of infertility from your doctor
2) You MUST be a legal permanent US resident

There are no other restrictions currently. The grant is offered once per year, and the number of applications funded as well as the amount of funding depends on the success of the Cade Foundationâ??s fundraising activities (i.e. the more they raise, the more they can give away). To date, 42 families have been funded.

9 years ago

It has been quiet. I hope everyone is well.

MNOR: any updates from you regarding the FET and the surrogate? Any other news?

I hope everyone has fun plans for the long holiday weekend! I'm headed to Nashville for a bachelorette party!!! At least they'll have a DD!!!

9 years ago • Post starter

Thanks ssurra!! That is great information. I'll definitely keep that in mind for the future.

9 years ago

No updates yet. My follow up with my re is the day after memorial day. I should have some formal plan after that.

Gracealone - Sending lots of good thoughts your way for your first u/s!

Ssurra - I looked into some of those grant programs before we got into our own clinics refund program and usually there is a catch. With a lot of them before you can apply you have to attend so many of the foundations fundraising events or organize your own fundraising events and raise so much money for the foundation before they even consider you. Not sure about that one but definitely read the fine print. If I am going to fundraise, I am going to fundraise for myself :-). I don't want to collect money to have a "chance" at being selected I want the money to 100% for sure go to me if I am going to go through all that trouble.

9 years ago

Met with my RE today and have a tentative plan. According to my refund program contract I have to do my 6 cycles in order: fresh, frozen, fresh, frozen, etc. So I guess I am doing another stim cycle and saving my other 3 frosties.

They have ivf team meetings on thurs so I will get an official plan on fri but as of now it looks like I am starting lupron Monday, stims around june 14th and retrieval sometime around june 25th-27th. Yippee for a short wait!

I am also doing a ssh on Friday morning to check my uterus for the umpteenth time and then I have to drive a couple hours away right after to go to a different lab center that does nk cell testing. My RE was pretty passive about nk cell testing and treatment and believes in sticking to "proven methods" she said and that nk cell treatment just hasn't been proven yet. But she at least agreed to order the test and look into the results and said she has had a couple other women do that test.

Here we go again...

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo