Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

291 - 300 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies- Mnor, glad you're moving forward with the fet and you have your date set. Sounds like it is a much easier process than the full fresh ivf cycle from the med side. As of today I've counted that I've done 52 injections in the past 14 days... Crazy to think about that but it'll be worth it in the end. I am getting tired of the pokes and am running out of unmarked/unbruised real estate on my tummy. I am icing every time and that seems to help a lot.

I go back for a us tomorrow morning and hopefully we should know when the er is going to be scheduled then. I have constant cramping/pulling in my ovaries today and had ew cm this morning so I know my body is getting close.... I actually called re to let them know in case this is concerning.

Ssura- excited for you in your tww! When do you plan on testing? Are you on progesterone now? Did you transfer 2 or 1 egg this time?

I actually have another friend of a friend who is doing ivf right now and she is waiting to complete her transfer in the next couple days... Found out she goes to my same clinic through my local resolve support group (if you haven't looked them up yet, it's worth a shot to see if there is a local group in your area.) I'm actually going to my first live support group mtg tomorrow night.

Hope you all have a great day today :)

10 years ago

Awhittaker: That ew cm, if your docs didn't tell you, is from rising estrogen. I looked it up a couple days before my retrieval when I had a huge glob that looked basically like clear gel. I figured it was normal, and it is. You're now to the "wear pantiliners ALL the time" stage - haha. :)

Totally know what you mean about the shots and available bruise-free real estate, too.

Thank you! I transferred 1, froze 1. I'm in the age where they recommend "1-2" and we'd rather not risk twins if we can help it. I started progesterone on retrieval day. My docs prescribe me Crinone, the gel, so no shots in the bum for me, thankfully!. Since the transfer, I'm also on vaginal estradiol. Like I said, pantiliners always.

Got my bloodwork results back from this morning and all was normal: estrogen slowly going back down, progesterone below 12 and LH at 4.7.

As for testing -- I'm not planning to! I go back in a week for bloodwork. I can't imagine I'd be able to tell before then anyway.

It sort of crossed my mind that maybe after a postiive, I should go buy a test so I can have that experience everyone wants with a BFP on a stick, but at the same time, that's probably silly in the long run.

10 years ago

Ssura- thanks for the advice on the ECM, you nailed it on the head as I got the same explanation from the re office : seriously I think sometimes the advice /info we get on here is better than from the re office themselves :)

As for me, had my us this morning and were still looking at 5-7 follicles in the mature range. I've got 3 over 21, 1 16, 1 14, and a 12 and 8 that May or may not catch up. I'm waiting on bloodwork to see if we trigger tonight to do er on Friday or do one more day of drugs and trigger tomorrow.

Can't wait to move on to the next stage of this adventure!

10 years ago

CROSSING FINGERS!!!

10 years ago • Post starter

So, my clinic just called me today to tell me my credit card was declined for the cryogenic freezing. They had an old number, and I supplied the new one -- and then I asked how much it was.

She told me $1,000, and I couldn't help it: I started crying.

I don't deserve too much sympathy -- we're lucky enough to have wonderful insurance that covers nearly every aspect of this process.

But I couldn't help but wonder if it was stupid to spend that on ONE embryo. I mean, come on. It would have been WAY cheaper to just go through all of this again!

It's too late now, I guess, but I wish someone would have talked to us about it in more detail.

10 years ago

Omg! $1000 for 1 embryo? Our freezing for the first 2 years is included in our package price so I have no idea how much ours is. If you knew that ahead of time would you have just transferred both? I think I would especially since there's no guarantee that the embryos will even survive the thaw. Last fet I did, I had 4 frozen and told them to thaw 2 and both didn't survive so I had to thaw all 4. Thank goodnees the second 2 were good!

10 years ago

Oh my gosh I didn't ever think about that. Maybe we would have! Doesn't it seem outrageous? I sort of just assumed it was covered as everything else has been for us. Ughhhhhh. I'm just sick over this, which is not what I need right now. I'm trying really hard to be as stress-free as possible. Ugh I just want to cry.

10 years ago

Hi ladies, so my er is scheduled for tomorrow morning. Wish me lots of good mature eggs :) we're excited and anxious and it all still feels a bit surreal!

10 years ago

MANY HEALTHY EGG WISHES!!!!!!

10 years ago • Post starter

GOOD LUCK!! Let us know how it goes!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo